Pokemon Stadium arrives on Nintendo Switch Online next week

Nintendo is adding to their Nintendo Switch Online N64 lineup, with the announcement of Pokemon Stadium coming to the service next week. While you can't bring Pokemon from the Game Boy games over, you can experience the game's classic minigames, when Pokemon Stadium becomes available on April 12th.

Aserl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you guys talking about they rereleased Pokémon Stadium on the Wii VC years ago /j

Attachments

• 20230404_095059.jpg
    20230404_095059.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: fmhugo

x65943

translation implies the existence of cislation
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is another thing: presumably the Pokemon you used to be able to earn through Stadium and transfer to the GB titles, like the starters and fossils, aren't going to work?
Right, that would be sad

I hope they add some cool things to this

Reactions: Maximumbeans

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, that would be sad

I hope they add some cool things to this
It would be a huge missed opportunity when you've got something like Home right there. Hell, it could even be a good tool to nudge people from 3DS to Switch if they wanted.
Use VC R/B/Y, transfer to Bank then Home, then put them in Stadium and get that nostalgia rush. But what do we know? :rolleyes:

Reactions: x65943

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is quite lame, how hard it would be for Nintendo to give you Gen 1 Pokemon games to play and online trading? They did so for the 3DS so we know they can.

Graxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't get your hopes up that these will ever feature support for the GB games. Doesn't NSO still not have rumble pak support for Mario Kart 64?
The problem there probably is that the N64 can have either a rumble pack or a memory pak in each controller. To save time trial ghost data in Mario Kart 64 you need the memory pak. To get both, the memory pak would have to be in the second controller and the average non technical user wouldn't realise this and complain to Nintendo that they couldn't save time trial data.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why even bother with this. unless nintendo bring's the GB pokemon games to switch online then has a way to work with the GB to n64 to work with each over some how that would be cool but that's not going HAPPEN... what a waste IMO.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
why even bother with this. unless nintendo bring's the GB pokemon games to switch online then has a way to work with the GB to n64 to work with each over some how that would be cool but that's not going HAPPEN... what a waste IMO.
Agreed :P

Reactions: DJPlace and Aserl

SilverLobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALRIGHT NINTY SHOW US WHERE YOU'RE HIDING RED BLUE AND YELLOW WITH CONNECTIVITY TO STADIUM OR ELSE WHY DID YOU ADD IT? Don't tell me some crap like N can't do it cause they're not The Pokemon Company...they're literally half of it with GameFreak being the other half...

Would be neat if they added Pokemon home functionality
That would be pretty cool wouldn't it? This is the bare minimum they could do and allow us a way to bring in Gen 1 Pokemon to make a team with or else you're stuck using rental Pokemon...of course there might be a problem if the Pokemon know moves that weren't in Gen 1 so they'd have to figure out a way to deal with that?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALRIGHT NINTY SHOW US WHERE YOU'RE HIDING RED BLUE AND YELLOW WITH CONNECTIVITY TO STADIUM OR ELSE WHY DID YOU ADD IT? Don't tell me some crap like N can't do it cause they're not The Pokemon Company...they're literally half of it with GameFreak being the other half...

That would be pretty cool wouldn't it? This is the bare minimum they could do and allow us a way to bring in Gen 1 Pokemon to make a team with or else you're stuck using rental Pokemon...of course there might be a problem if the Pokemon know moves that weren't in Gen 1 so they'd have to figure out a way to deal with that?
Good point, it would probably have to be one way since special split and nature didn't exist etc

Reactions: SaulFabre

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would be neat if they added Pokemon home functionality
I'd rather assume they eventually (hopefully) add those games that have been VC for WiiU previously to their GB/GBA online emulators and somehow program a way for Stadium to be able to read the savefile of the other emulators to import them.

Just a theory I personally find more viable.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
You gotta understand that the target audience for these releases isn't you, it's either people in passing who have nostalgia for the game or more importantly people who love pokemon. They're just trying to broaden their subscription service not keep current users happy

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You gotta understand that the target audience for these releases isn't you, it's either people in passing who have nostalgia for the game or more importantly people who love pokemon. They're just trying to broaden their subscription service not keep current users happy
Also, the mini games are pretty fun with friends - would make the game still worth playing a couple times

Reactions: VinsCool

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it is, I'm happy to be able to play the minigames again from Stadium 1 and 2. Never really gotten deep into the Gameboy Pokemon games since my silver seemed to have a dead save battery by the time I got it from my siblings. So I still had a lot of fun with rentals for what its worth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy