Pokemon Stadium arrives on Nintendo Switch Online next week

Nintendo is adding to their Nintendo Switch Online N64 lineup, with the announcement of Pokemon Stadium coming to the service next week. While you can't bring Pokemon from the Game Boy games over, you can experience the game's classic minigames, when Pokemon Stadium becomes available on April 12th.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it so infuriating that Nintendo (seemingly) won't bring back the actual Gameboy games, stadium isn't too fun without your own Pokémon imo.
I wouldnt be shocked if they save this for some big reveal. They would likely make it so you can't savestate or rewind in this games too like on 3ds.

Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder how hard it would be to inject your own r/b/y into the game...? (also i wonder if stadium would reject a romhack? kinda got too used to speedchoice red)

Kirizame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wouldn't get your hopes up that these will ever feature support for the GB games. Doesn't NSO still not have rumble pak support for Mario Kart 64?

Reactions: AyanamiRei

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
i wonder how hard it would be to inject your own r/b/y into the game...? (also i wonder if stadium would reject a romhack? kinda got too used to speedchoice red)
The inject itself may work, but it's worth calling out the emulator in Pokemon Stadium actually was not a full emulator. It actually was missing instructions for the gameboy, specifically, any not explicitly used in the Pokemon games.
I hope it features GameBoy transfer capabilities.

I don't own a switch, but it'd be nice to get a modern legitimate way to obtain some pokemans.
If your Switch is modded, arguably you could export the save and inject Pokemon via PKHex. PkHEX DOES support Stadium.

There's a possibility that it may get grumpy about the endians being reversed, so the importing and exporting may require some endian swapping. I actually wrote some code to do this some months ago when I was playing with Wii U VC injects.

I may try playing with this when it comes out and see if I can't proof of concept a Pokemon inject into Stadium.

Reactions: SilverLobster

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I find it so infuriating that Nintendo (seemingly) won't bring back the actual Gameboy games, stadium isn't too fun without your own Pokémon imo.
the pokemon company*
I wouldn't get your hopes up that these will ever feature support for the GB games. Doesn't NSO still not have rumble pak support for Mario Kart 64?
mario kart 64 never supported the rumble pak to begin with

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I bet what Nintendo ultimately does is release all the mainline Pokemon VC games, regardless of platform, exclusively for the Expansion Pass.

There will be tears. There will be anger.
And they will be begged not to cry.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I hope it features GameBoy transfer capabilities.

I don't own a switch, but it'd be nice to get a modern legitimate way to obtain some pokemans.

ahem
While you can't bring Pokemon from the Game Boy games over, you can experience the game's classic minigames, when Pokemon Stadium
so that's a big fat NO

and anyway did you really think nintendo would give you a feature you actually wanted? everything they do is always backwards and archaic :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...