Pokemon Sun and Moon players getting permanently banned by Nintendo

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WAITWAITWAIT
PLAZA COUNTS AS ONLINE?
I remember entering there however, as soon as i was able to i got out of there. I haven't entered since then
The plaza is the way to play online. That is where all the trading and battling options are.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, the plaza stays Local Wireless mode untill you tell it to go online.
You could have turn it on.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The plaza is the way to play online. That is where all the trading and battling options are.

You could have turn it on.
Well i certainly did nothing there, i want to use Pokemon Refresh but i accidentaly entered plaza, however after the tutorial on what you should do i got out of there

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well i certainly did nothing there, i want to use Pokemon Refresh but i accidentaly entered plaza, however after the tutorial on what you should do i got out of there
I did the same.
I've spent time in the plaza, but NEVER connected online.
My plaza is Level 13. I never connected online AT ALL. Not even accidentally, as when you want to connect to the internet, it asks for confirmation, and if I ever got to the confirmation screen, I always canceled or backed out.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same.
My plaza is Level 13. I never connected online AT ALL. Not even accidentally, as when you want to connect to the internet, it asks for confirmation, and if I ever got to the confirmation screen, I always canceled or backed out.
I'm in the same boat as you. I have no idea what I could have done to get banned. I specifically avoided going online because I was afraid they could detect it.

D

Deleted User

I'm in the same boat as you. I have no idea what I could have done to get banned. I specifically avoided going online because I was afraid they could detect it.
I didn't even really intentionally avoid it, I just didn't want to go online because my Pokemon were (and still are) pretty weak when I started, and online battles with strangers aren't fun when your Pokemon are weak. I also didn't and still don't have Pokemon that I'd want to trade, so there's that too.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did the same.
Mine is like Level 2? I thought it was boring because i thought you only accesed Local with it

Right now im on Youtube for 3DS right now , testing again and seems its working...

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just so you guys now you weren't banned because you played online,
but because you store the unauthorized code,
here is what someone from Nintendo said
"As a result of a number of Nintendo 3DS users using unauthorized versions of several games, and connecting to the official game servers in violation of our terms of service, these users' Nintendo 3DS systems that stored the unauthorized game code have been banned from Nintendo's online network effective immediately."

D

Deleted User

"As a result of a number of Nintendo 3DS users using unauthorized versions of several games, and connecting to the official game servers in violation of our terms of service, these users' Nintendo 3DS systems that stored the unauthorized game code have been banned from Nintendo's online network effective immediately."
I think the main issue is that people were connecting to the server with the game (recognized as an "unauthorized version" of the game) and not the fact that they simply had "unauthorized code" on their system, otherwise me and many others would've been banned long ago for using things such as FBI and the homebrew launcher.

Reactions: WeedZ and DeoNaught

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically if people were connected to anything other than local wireless communication draws a red flag. I recorded a video of myself trading a shiny pkmn.... to myself lol
and was only using local WIFI no ban

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So in other words, if you so much as pirate this, even when someone dumps the "retail" cart - which is what the leak was from, you will still wind up getting banana'd.

I don't care anymore. I don't even play Nintendo games online that much.
This whole experience has turned me off from getting the Switch, however.
I'll be sure to enjoy Zelda: BotW when it leaks. Thanks to whoever made the Wii-U Backup loader.

If you have Pokemon Sun or Pokemon Moon installed on your system AT ALL, even after the game is released, chances are, you will get banned eventually.
My guess is that the new Firmware update added a snooper that is able to phone home to Nintendo to inform the server if you have unauthorized game code installed on the system and ban you.

Unauthorized game code means: If you have any pirated/dumped game or app installed, homebrew or otherwise, enjoy your B&

I've been turned off from getting the Switch at launch, but I'm not completely turned off from getting it at all. I'll do what I did with the Wii-U and give it a year or two.

@MasterJ360
No, if your 3DS is connected to the internet at all, you will eventually get banned.
This is what was implied. Doing local wireless won't protect you. The only thing that can protect you is to not have your 3DS connected to the internet at all. Using NitroViewer (much like I did) can still get you banned, even if you never connected to Pokemon Sun or Pokemon Moon's online services.

Last edited by DJ91990,

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you delete from log?

By hitting the trash can button under software library

Does this affect me if I deleted title and ticket and still no ban?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My guess is that the new Firmware update added a snooper that is able to phone home to Nintendo to inform the server if you have unauthorized game code installed on the system and ban you.

Unauthorized game code means: If you have any pirated/dumped game or app installed, homebrew or otherwise, enjoy your BS

Except, the wave would have kicked in even before people gotten Pokemon, right?

Well, I'll say its convenient to ban together with Pokemon pirates,
but not everyone plays Pokemon,
and no reports of other gamers being banned thus far.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
By hitting the trash can button under software library

Does this affect me if I deleted title and ticket and still no ban?
It could affect you. The bans are being dished out in waves. That's why it's called a ban wave.
If your Nintendo 3DS was connected to the internet at all while having Pokemon Sun or Pokemon Moon installed, your 3DS's Friend Code, Serial Number, and any associated Nintendo Network ID has been flagged. Just because you haven't been banned yet, doesn't mean you won't get banned tomorrow, or sometime next month. If you do not get banned at all, go play the lottery, because you are a lucky person!

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So in other words, if you so much as pirate this, even when someone dumps the "retail" cart - which is what the leak was from, you will still wind up getting banana'd.

I don't care anymore. I don't even play Nintendo games online that much.
This whole experience has turned me off from getting the Switch, however.
I'll be sure to enjoy Zelda: BotW when it leaks. Thanks to whoever made the Wii-U Backup loader.

If you have Pokemon Sun or Pokemon Moon installed on your system AT ALL, even after the game is released, chances are, you will get banned eventually.

Unauthorized game code means: If you have any pirated/dumped game or app installed, homebrew or otherwise, enjoy your B&

I've been turned off from getting the Switch at launch, but I'm not completely turned off from getting it at all. I'll do what I did with the Wii-U and give it a year or two.
This may be possible, however some user here said she/he got Mario Party : Star Rush leaked and didn't got a ban. Is probably caused since we have an unauthorized code of SuMo and some entered online with it. If this would have happened Nintendo would have done a HUGE ASS ban wave since September considering everyone who uses CFW must have FBI and HBL as .cia (or almost everyone).

Last edited by SonicCloud,
D

Deleted User

Just sell the ban consoles to gamestop and doit quick before they catch on.
I'd rather transfer my games and saves to another system, thanks.
I'd also rather not sell my current console at all since it's a special edition, and if I were to sell it, I'd shove it on eBay and make it clear that the console is banned.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This may be possible, however some user here said she/he got Mario Party : Star Rush leaked and didn't got a ban. Is probably caused since you have an unauthorized code of SuMo and you entered online with it. If this would have happened Nintendo would have done a HUGE ASS ban wave since September considering everyone who uses CFW must have FBI and HBL as .cia (or almost everyone).
I also had the European version of Mario Party Star Rush and that is unauthorized code as well.
I think the main trigger is a snooper that detected that Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon was launched on a set date, and secretly synchronized to Nintendo's servers.

Mario Party Star Rush would appear to Nintendo's servers as a European version and would have cross-checked the street date of Mario Party Star Rush for Europe and wouldn't have flagged anything.

Either that, or they did this to try and level the playing field for the new Pokemon game. How many people are going to play Mario Party Star Rush vs Pokemon Sun and Moon?

Reactions: Deleted User

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Except, the wave would have kicked in even before people gotten Pokemon, right?

Well, I'll say its convenient to ban together with Pokemon pirates,
but not everyone plays Pokemon,
and no reports of other gamers being banned thus far.
Not unless they decided to ban users now.

Reactions: DJ91990

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    nah sewing it will make it come apart more :)
    that one is pretty old
    the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you near sea/salt water, or in general they just don't last. Sounds like if you driving a mercedes, you need a garage. I get snow n ice here so nothing worse than clearing that shit off at 6am rushing to get to work.
    I'm a few miles away from the salt water
    +1
    ya I would garage it if there was room in the garage for a car :|
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: ya I would garage it if there was room in the garage for a car :|