Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon: Fully-Featured Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon ROM Hacks!

Project Pokémon OP
GBATemp OP
PokéCommunity OP
Reddit /r/3dshacks OP

MtDlBs3.png
7t3daVO.png

ROM hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)

Pokémon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire hacks and my Nova Sun & Umbra Moon hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers' teams has a a proper moveset and many are holding items. The Elite Four and Champion are Level 100, and the player doesn't need to grind to equal that!

Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's secondary focus is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's "20XX Hack Pack" which is designed to improve competitive players' ability to practice and grind. In Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's Legit Build, everything obtainable is 100% legal and legitimate for real online battles or trades. In all Builds, some features are designed to make preparing competitive teams much less of a hassle. Competitive hold items are much more available, a 6IV Ditto is available through an in-game trade (holding a Destiny Knot), Eggs hatch in one cycle, and Level 100 Memento Blissey battles are available in the Battle Buffet once the main story has been beaten.​

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want to use legendaries (besides the million ones that Ultra SM already offer in the late game) on your team, go play someone else's hack. I consider it game-breaking and immersion-breaking, and I value that over people wanting to use legendaries on their team.
Wild Legendaries in the grass are in the same boat as BST changes, retyping, and Ability changes: Not going to happen in my main design philosophy for ROM hacks.
Thing is there are no alternatives to getting these legendary/event pokemon if you are a kind of guy who wants to catch them alll... which is what pokemon is all about no..?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is there are no alternatives to getting these legendary/event pokemon if you are a kind of guy who wants to catch them alll... which is what pokemon is all about no..?
And that's why I have an "Expanded" Build, not an "807" or "Catch 'em All" Build.

I noticed some of the questions here (shop freeze, Legendaries) are addressed in the FAQ for Nova Sun and Umbra Moon, so I have now added an FAQ/Troubleshooting section to the second post of this thread.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol it looks like dio is already about to pull his or her hair out lol
Not really. Some questions are frustrating because, like, read, but mostly I'm just glad people are interested in my hacks and I've been enjoying watching the download counter tick up.

Reactions: StarV

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol ill bet you have dio, but in my experience people don't read fine print they see shiny goodies and that's all they see tbh.
And that's okay in most cases. It's why I spent 30 hours making a video trailer, and why I pepper the OP with screenshots and pretty pictures.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry i meant by evaluation guide when a pokemon persay gubben's second evolved form will evolve into vikavolt
Weren't you the one making fun of people for not reading the documentation? That's in the OP and also included as a text file in the downloads.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's on purpose or not, but on Supernova Sun, Totem Gumshoes is unchanged from vanilla US. He's still level 12 and all the mons he calls in are also that weak. So he was a total pushover. I'm assuming that was something that slipped by you considering the trailer?

broccolol9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's on purpose or not, but on Supernova Sun, Totem Gumshoes is unchanged from vanilla US. He's still level 12 and all the mons he calls in are also that weak. So he was a total pushover. I'm assuming that was something that slipped by you considering the trailer?

Are you sure you still had the game patched? I'd rather avoid the 1st trial until this is fixed if it's true.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you still had the game patched? I'd rather avoid the 1st trial until this is fixed if it's true.
Yes I'm sure man. Lol I had to play all the way there in the first place. Everything else is proper, only the Totem battle is still vanilla. Ultra Moon is probably working as intended, if what I'm assuming is correct

Also, I'm using the Luma method for the patch, Expanded build

broccolol9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'm sure man. Lol I had to play all the way there in the first place. Everything else is proper, only the Totem battle is still vanilla. Ultra Moon is probably working as intended, if what I'm assuming is correct

Also, I'm using the Luma method for the patch, Expanded build

Alright just got there myself. You're right, it isn't changed, he must have forgot. Not trying to say I didn't believe you or anything btw just that Dio usually extensively tests his hacks so I was surprised he would miss something as important as a trial.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked this, it should work fine and be Level 24. Possibly a bad download or corrupted file in Supernova Sun Expanded. However, in checking, I noticed a new feature in PK3DS that actually lets you add EVs to Totems, so I tweaked the totems. Apparently Game Freak really held back on a lot of them, giving them -Attack natures! Go ahead and re-download now, v1.0.1 should make Totems even better than v1.0.0. And I made sure that v1.0.1 has definitely for sure edited Totem Gumshoos. Thanks for the heads up!

SenelK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wew, I was just about to ask why Totem Raticate and the trial Rattatas were so weak. I guess Filezilla corrupted some files during the transfer. Also nice a new update already, thanks for the dedication!

Prof. Eibe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
And that's why I have an "Expanded" Build, not an "807" or "Catch 'em All" Build.

I noticed some of the questions here (shop freeze, Legendaries) are addressed in the FAQ for Nova Sun and Umbra Moon, so I have now added an FAQ/Troubleshooting section to the second post of this thread.

Sry, i´ve tried to explain it to him, while america was asleep, but I think he understood now.^^

Reactions: Dio Vento

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking old lady next door My microwaves broke! All it was was the clock not set right