Pokemon Sword and Shield announced

Are you ready, Pokemon fans? It's almost time to see what Nintendo has in store for the next generation of Pokemon. Once the video goes live, we'll be covering the announcements made during the seven minute long Direct. Stay tuned to see what gets revealed.

Footage is shown for the next Pokemon game, running on the Nintendo Switch. New locations, areas, and trainers are shown. The starters have been revealed as well. Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield are the latest titles.

f3pNYzx.jpg

iAGsrVf.jpg hxHbft2.pngkgKfyYo.png

Both games will take place in the Galar region which will have old and new Pokemon. Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble are the starters' names. Wild Pokemon battles are back. Worldwide release planned for Late 2019.

:arrow: UK Direct Link

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About freaking time they release a Pokemon game for the Switch that actually has random encounters. I avoided Let's Go for that very reason.

Maybe we can fight wild creatures again... hopefully

Um, you can clearly see it in the video that there are random encounters.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will wait until we see more of it, because you can't really judge based on a trailer, but what I didn't like so far:
-seemingly we still have a fixed camera
-graphics still look too cartoony for my tastes (except the water)
-names are a bit awkward
-starters' eyes make them look like plushes

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like its using the Gen 7 engine, like Let's Go using Gen 6 engine. Looks beautiful. The color pallete is much more easy on the eyes than the over saturated color used in PLG. Now, sigh... i knew i should've been saving money months ago. Its gonna take a while for to get a Switch.

j43728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly still no walking Pokemon, what a tease from let's go smh.. but they said game footage not final so maybe there's a slim chance, one can dream

Reactions: DuoForce

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Honestly I found the trailer really lackluster.
Actually, it gave me the feeling they were hiding pretty much everything they could.
The only new mon's we've seen were the starters, usually we see at least the legendaries as well.
They barely shown the battles or random encounters, it just felt like a rushed trailer.
For a 7 minutes direct it sure felt disappointing.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just hope the story is good - could make or break a Pokemon game for me. Also post game stuff to do; hope it will be on point to that regard.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My thoughts when I saw the countryside setting: Is this supposed to be Britain?
My thoughts when I saw the old town setting: Pretty sure this is Britain...
My thoughts when I saw the map of the region: Yeah that's Britain alright.

Knowing my luck today, it's likely based on a completely different country and I'm just seeing things...

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Got to watch it later. At work. I just have two questions ? Are gyms back and battling wilds? The second I could live without but would prefer it. As for the first?....I won’t play another mainline game without gyms.
There are gyms and wild battles. They mentioned about becoming champion so yea and they displayed 2 pokemon battling with 1 pokemon using an attack on i think a pikachu. So yea its the classic pokemon experience we all love. Lets go was just aimed at casual viewers to showcase the switch and try something you so we all can go play in kanto all over again. But now a the real deal is here. Lets go was reeased as Gamefreak needed more time for development to make a huge ass pokemon game for the main series switch entry. Then according the the formula of gamefreak in 2020 we get remakes. (Have yet to see sinnoh region).

Gunz4Hire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as there is none of that pokemon go bullcrap like the games last year then im looking forward to if, its like that that last games released then ehh

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the map is so linear.
and every gen must have cave for player around first gym/leader fight.
open world for gamefreak: nop. we aint gonna add in new flavour, same good old recipe.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
the map is so linear.
and every gen must have cave for player around first gym/leader fight.
open world for gamefreak: nop. we aint gonna add in new flavour, same good old recipe.
except the flavor isn't new at all.
they already did chocolate and mint, now they are doing chocomint.

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow that was way more information than I would have expected. But the map looks very straight. You start at the bottom and finish at the top

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol