Hacking Pokemon Y CIA (with v1.5 update built-in) Hangs on 3DS Logo?

sora10pls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Title says it all. Any idea as to why this is happening? I've heard that it is possible to merge update data with the ROM and then repack it all into a CIA, and after having done so, it just hangs on the 3DS logo after the CIA is launched from the HOME Menu.

** To clarify, I have looked this problem up on both Google and GBAtemp; couldn't find an answer anywhere.

- Old 3DS
- 9.2.0-20U sysNAND
- 10.4.0-29U emuNAND
- CFW: rxTools
- CIA Installer: DevMenu
My CIA was also designed to be a Pokemon Y Randomizer if that makes finding a solution easier. Thanks in advance to anybody and everybody who helps out! :)

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have the answer but you can do some basic troubleshooting. Can you run the game without the update? If so then the update data is bad, if not it's the game itself. Also you can try another installer like FBI and see if that helps. Might also be a bad install; remove and try again.

sora10pls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't have the answer but you can do some basic troubleshooting. Can you run the game without the update? If so then the update data is bad, if not it's the game itself. Also you can try another installer like FBI and see if that helps. Might also be a bad install; remove and try again.
I've tried to install it three times now actually haha. Twice with DevMenu, once with FBI. Both lead to the same problem. Loading the CIA without the update data works fine though, so I'll try to rebuild the ROM with the update data from another source.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash needs cryptofixed update data so it runs on 9.2 consoles. Maybe you need cryptofixed update data? If not, just do what fr3quency says.

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country
Launch the eshop and navigate to the Pokémon Y page. Just open the eshop page for it once and try launching it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...