Gaming Poll: Are you going to buy the Switch Traditional Controller at launch?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,343
  • Replies 31

Will you be getting the Switch's Pro Controller at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I'd count that as a plus. I can't stand the mushy way analogue triggers feel, even on GCN/Wii, It just doesn't feel right to me for some reason.
For racing and shooting games digital triggers are unsuitable since it's uncontrollable the speed or precision of firing. Hold the digital trigger and that's it, hold an analogue trigger and manually choose where you want it to be at.

Reactions: thorasgar

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For racing and shooting games digital triggers are unsuitable since it's uncontrollable the speed or precision of firing. Hold the digital trigger and that's it, hold an analogue trigger and manually choose where you want it to be at.
For shooting games, yes, I can see the appeal ,as guns have no digital triggers. For driving games, that sounds a bit unwieldy, but then again I'm used to holding and modulating "A" (Big N) or "X" (PS) for driving games.
EDIT: Stupid browser!

Last edited by kehkou,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
For shooting games, yes, I can see the appeal ,as guns have no digital triggers. For driving games, that sounds a bit unwieldy, but then again I'm used to holding and modulating "A" (Big N) or "X" (PS) for driving games.
EDIT: Stupid browser!
Besides on a Nintendo system, I haven't pressed A/B to accelerate as I'd always change it to the triggers for a better gaming experience. Even Most Wanted WiiU used the triggers but without much success as it was digital triggers. :-/

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides on a Nintendo system, I haven't pressed A/B to accelerate as I'd always change it to the triggers for a better gaming experience. Even Most Wanted WiiU used the triggers but without much success as it was digital triggers. :-/
To each there own. I was thinking more in the vain of GTA-SA, Driver, and Gran Turismo 2 (I feel like a dino now). Point is it can be done perfectly with just buttons, but requires different techniques.

I don't suppose they put pressure sensitive buttons on the Pro like with PS controllers, did they? I doubt it, but pressure sensitive analog triggers as opposed to the free-floating ones sounds like it would be a perfect middle-ground: feels like a button but operates like an analog trigger.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
To each there own. I was thinking more in the vain of GTA-SA, Driver, and Gran Turismo 2 (I feel like a dino now). Point is it can be done perfectly with just buttons, but requires different techniques.

I don't suppose they put pressure sensitive buttons on the Pro like with PS controllers, did they? I doubt it, but pressure sensitive analog triggers as opposed to the free-floating ones sounds like it would be a perfect middle-ground: feels like a button but operates like an analog trigger.
Not really "each their own" the majority prefers analogue triggers as they are superior whilst digital triggers are outdated and have no reason to still exist in this day and age. Nintendo being Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.