[POLL] For you pirates, Torrents or Direct Downloads?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 27,562
  • Replies 43

Torrents or Direct Downloads

• Torrents (I pirate everything)

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • Torrents (I pirate Games)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Torrents (I pirate stuff besides games)

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Direct Downloads (I pirate everything)

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Direct Downloads (I pirate Games)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Direct Downloads (I pirate stuff besides games)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • I use both

Votes: 58 45.7%
  • I don't know and I don't care, just here to read some arguments.

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the file, the idea that direct downloads would have more virus's is malarkey. Releases are generally all the same as they come from groups.

Never use torrents unless you have a VPN or some type of reasonable anonymity through a campus/coffee/work WiFi, always ask the question can be this tracked by to me.
Direct download the rest of the time unless you can't find it direct or the speeds lousy.

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I pirate, but I've always used torrents to get what I need (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). I used to direct download .mp4 files for PSP back in '06, but I'm not even sure where you would do that any more, or if they have the quality I want. It used to be forums where you'd watch for a new thread and get the Megaupload link. If a thread was older than a few weeks, it was hit or miss. Is this what is meant by direct downloads? Seems like that would be slower without premium file host accounts. A lot limit you to around 500k, which is about 1/2-1/3 the speed of torrents obtained through my VPN.

H4X0R46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used torrents for years! By far the most reliable way to get something. I've been getting DMCA letters like crazy lately though, so I have no choice but to stick to direct downloads for games. Other softwares? Torrenting is really your only option.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I use torrents when I want the BEST quality of movies, series, music e.t.c
I NEVER pirate games, Only ROMS for NDS and older for my retro GPD XD+.
I use DDL sites for when I just want something to watch quickly or as my last resort.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've used torrents for years! By far the most reliable way to get something. I've been getting DMCA letters like crazy lately though, so I have no choice but to stick to direct downloads for games. Other softwares? Torrenting is really your only option.
Just VPN my dude. DDL would be much easier to see on even a DNS level, whereas torrenting wouldnt.
VPN + Torrents = ez pz
or get a seedbox, 10$ for a month, ezpz untraceable. FTP dl off that seedbox, ez pz, and you can seed back ez pz helping the community

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not that I pirate, but I've always used torrents to get what I need (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). I used to direct download .mp4 files for PSP back in '06, but I'm not even sure where you would do that any more, or if they have the quality I want. It used to be forums where you'd watch for a new thread and get the Megaupload link. If a thread was older than a few weeks, it was hit or miss. Is this what is meant by direct downloads? Seems like that would be slower without premium file host accounts. A lot limit you to around 500k, which is about 1/2-1/3 the speed of torrents obtained through my VPN.
DDL is what ur explaining yes. Also, forums like that still exist. My all time fav rn is snahp.it as it is run by the dudes @ r/megalinks

Last edited by PRAGMA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: