Votes: 109 80.1%

• Total voters

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No best.But 2nd.

If they would have released the Motion Controllers for the GameCube,the Console would have skyrocket...

They did do that, they made a version of it with wireless motion controllers and fixed some issues the first version had and added more stuff such as wifi and ended up selling more than a hundred million units. Controllers and memory cards from the non motion controller version were compatible.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Home console: Wii U as its essentially a GameCube, Wii and many other past Nintendo consoles in one, complete with HD output over HDMI.

Portable console: 3DS XL as this is essentially a GameBoy, GBA, DS and more all in a nice portable package.

As for the greatest Nintendo system of all time its hard to pick just one, probably the GameBoy Pocket if I could only choose one as this is what introduced me to Pokemon.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good controller, but I'd say the switch is the best imo. though, I like the nes/snes as well, but the switch with the pro controller is pretty good. however, some of the motion controls are awkward with the pro controller, which is why I used the joy cons for odyssey. I also found them awkward in captain toad like moving that one valve. moving the pro controller in a big circle didn't feel natural at all.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
GC has the comfiest controller they ever made, but overall I would have to go with the Wii, because it supports GC games and controller, and also NES/SNES/N64 games through piracy the virtual console, and also has a shitload of its own titles. So yeah.

legoinventeor

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
GC has the comfiest controller they ever made, but overall I would have to go with the Wii, because it supports GC games and controller, and also NES/SNES/N64 games through piracy the virtual console, and also has a shitload of its own titles. So yeah.
Was gonna say just that, but then I remembered the poor old wiiu

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Best as in the most industry disruptive one: NES/Famicom
Best as the one were most the games I liked were released: SNES
Best as the one that can play the most games: Wii U
Best as the one that sold the most....: Nintendo DS (or Nintendo Wii if you want handhelds out)
Best as the one with the most capable hardware (in general it's always the last one): Nintendo Switch

Nope... Gamecube was IMHO not the best by any measure, but it was nice.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
While the GameCube controller is far superior to its unfortunately-nerfed and gimmicky and dysfunctional successor, it's still nowhere near as good as it's hyped up to be - it's not really dual-analog, for one, and the lettered-button size is completely out of whack. Giant A, small B, X and Y buttons above those that are bean-shaped and easy to confuse. The C-stick is tiny and uncomfortable and use, and the d-pad...ugh.

Nah, I'd much rather take the Wii U GamePad over it, though the Wii U Pro Controller is still king.

Additionally, the usage of mini-DVDs or whatever the format's called really limited the size of GameCube games, compared to PS2 games. This is something the Wii arguably does better, but most of that worthless trash's releases are shovelware and inherently-borked garbage, so it wouldn't be truly fixed until the Wii U.

The GameCube does have the best console Pokémon games ever (I'm being serious - Genius Sonority knew what they were doing, and Shadow moves had the physical/special split going before it became cool), and the best original 3D Legend of Zelda games ever (though TWW HD and TP HD made them mostly better, aside from needlessly cutting the length of the Triforce hunt and Sacred Tears hunts, the two originated on the humble GameCube), too. Oh, and while I've never played these next two games, Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are both inarguably better here than they ever were on the next gimmicky dysfunctional console ("New Borked Play Control")
However, it doesn't have Super Paper Mario or Pikmin 3 or Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Okami or Super Mario 64 DS or Pokémon Black 2 or Ace Attorney or Professor Layton.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
They did do that, they made a version of it with wireless motion controllers and fixed some issues the first version had and added more stuff such as wifi and ended up selling more than a hundred million units. Controllers and memory cards from the non motion controller version were compatible.

You mean the legendary WiiCube ? :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why do i see some little songs at @shaunj66 's profile page?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sonics*
  • fluff663 @ fluff663:
    hello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Maybe he likes sonic
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    Hey all.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Hey all.