• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] U.S. Presidential Election 2016

Whom will/would you vote for?

• Laurence Kotlikoff (Independent)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Hoefling (America's Party)

• Mike Maturen (American Solidarity Party)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that quote is not mutually exclusive to the idea that intent was the biggest reason why she didn't violate any of the statutes.
No, this is. One cannot claim ignorance or lack of intent as a defense for breaking a law. If I run a red light because I didn't see it, that doesn't matter; I'm still getting a ticket. She wasn't charged with breaking the law because there is no evidence that she broke the law, period.

"We have no evidence sufficient to justify the conclusion that she violated any of the statutes related to classified information."

She was secretary of defense.
No, she was Secretary of State.

The statutes that apply to her are different than other people. Comey said as much.
No, Comey did not say that.

Last edited by Lacius,

HaloEliteLegend

Zzzz
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I personally would like to read the GOP's emails and see how scared they were when Trump was destroying Cruz and Bush, and how hard they tried to stop him. I guess it would be kinda like the DNC emails, swap Bernie with Trump and them being unsuccessful. Thank god the GOP didn't have super delegates, all parties need to agree to get rid/never have them.
Haha, now those would be fun to read! Also, superdelegates are the dumbest things tbh.

True, but would you liked to be back-stabbed by the most evil (possible) president!? I know I don't want her in Office!
I don't want either of 'em. They're both so untrustworthy, so dishonest, so terrible. If I had to pick, ehhhhh probably Hillary, but I'd be scared as shit regardless.

Reactions: Nightwish

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One cannot claim ignorance or lack of intent as a defense for breaking a law.
But...what. That's exactly what those who think she should be prosecuted say lol. Wait, so are you agreeing with the sentiment, but in order to not be against clinton, you just want to ignore any stupidity on her part? That if evidence of negligent was presented to your satisfaction, you feel she should be prosecuted?

"In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here."

"We have no evidence sufficient to justify the conclusion that she violated any of the statutes related to classified information."
They have different statutes depending on who it is...they have special statute for personnel, and a different one for higher ups, and no statute for publishers. You should look into the statutes that a secretary of state has.

No, she was Secretary of State.
Sorry, that was my bad :P typing too fast.

No, Comey did not say that.

"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now
."

Well, I thought he obviously saying they're not going to prosecute her like a normal person. Not like a private citizen. So either she follows different rules due to her being secretary of state, or because of some shady reason (which would be the republican standpoint). I take that she didn't break any laws because there are special, far more lenient laws, that require intent in order to prosecute. But hey, whichever you want.

Last edited by osaka35,

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But...what. That's exactly what those who think she should be prosecuted say lol. Wait, so are you agreeing with the sentiment, but in order to not be against clinton, you just want to ignore any stupidity on her part? That if evidence of negligent was presented to your satisfaction, you feel she should be prosecuted?

"In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here."

They have different statutes depending on who it is...they have special statute for personnel, and a different one for higher ups, and no statute for publishers. You should look into the statutes that a secretary of state has.

Sorry, that was my bad :P typing too fast.

"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now
."

Well, I thought he obviously saying they're not going to prosecute her like a normal person. Not like a private citizen. So either she follows different rules due to her being secretary of state, or because of some shady reason (which would be the republican standpoint). I take that she didn't break any laws because there are special, far more lenient laws, that require intent in order to prosecute. But hey, whichever you want.
She didn't break any laws.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kjPdryY.png
Are you ready for the true winner?

HaloEliteLegend

Zzzz
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Her supporters are petty thieves, vandals, and violent thugs. At best they are simply delusional.
There's 318 million people in the US. If Clinton is somewhere in the 40-50% range in polls, then why aren't there 127-159 million people going to jail right now? Right, because you made a silly generalization. Most people voting for anyone - Trump, Hillary, or otherwise - are actually (*gasp*) decent people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: holy shit hololive night at the stadium korone would love this