Hacking porting ps3 titles to vita

pix31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
hey all, im new here and i just wanna know the basics of porting, u already read an article about game developers porting ps3 games to vita, and it was smooth and well, if so... im ready to sacrifice all my time and do my best to start porting games from ps3 to vita, games like: Persona 5, Blur, NFS: Hot Pursuit, etc.
thank you all in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dive and guisadop

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not that simple, you need to rewrite a lot of code to port them to the Vita.
The reason why GTA3 was ported was due to debug symbols being left in the builds.

You can "easily" port Android games if they support ARMv7 and GLES 2.0 (I think it was ARMv7).

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you are really asking about that, it means you have 0 idea how game development works and you have 0 chances of successing at your current experience in programming. Which probably is close to non existing in C/C++. And on top of that you need to know assemble language of powerPC to even understand what you are looking at when checking PS3 games executables. And we still need mention about shaders, etc.

Last edited by masagrator,

pix31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
It's not that simple, you need to rewrite a lot of code to port them to the Vita.
The reason why GTA3 was ported was due to debug symbols being left in the builds.

You can "easily" port Android games if they support ARMv7 and GLES 2.0 (I think it was ARMv7).
thanks, I'll be learning more about it.

pix31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
If you are really asking about that, it means you have 0 idea how game development works and you have 0 chances of successing at your current experience in programming. Which probably is close to non existing in C/C++. And on top of that you need to know assemble language of powerPC to even understand what you are looking at when checking PS3 games executables. And we still need mention about shaders, etc.
well yeah- that's why im asking, so i know the basics, and start, idc how long it takes, I'll learn.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well yeah- that's why im asking, so i know the basics, and start, idc how long it takes, I'll learn.

This needs so much material noone will do it for free. Learning it will take years and You need proper attitude and willpower to self-study.

Blantly speaking, you're naive. And you're underestimating reverse engineers.

Reactions: pix31

pix31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
This needs so much material noone will do it for free. Learning it will take years. And if there is someone, they are for sure not competent to learn anyone, because for those you need proper attitude and willpower to self-study.

Blantly speaking, you're naive. And you're underestimating reverse engineers.
hey- i know it's not tge same but im a website engineer and a programmer... even tho i do use python, java and a bit of C++, as for learning and willpower, this doesn't make me wanna do it less... and i believe that im not naive, but determined...

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hey- i know it's not tge same but im a website engineer and a programmer... even tho i do use python, java and a bit of C++, as for learning and willpower, this doesn't make me wanna do it less... and i believe that im not naive, but determined...

Python and Java won't help you at all here. You need to know C/C++ at advanced level and assembler language of platform you will be working on. So without PowerPC assembler language knowledge at least middle level you won't get anywhere with PS3 games.

pix31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Python and Java won't help you at all here. You need know C/C++ at advanced level and assembler language of platform you will be working on. So without PowerPC assembler language knowledge at least middle level you won't get anywhere with PS3 games.
well thank you so so so much, that's an information i needed to learn, it's fine though, i am willing to pay money in order to learn it, I'll be looking for a source of information starting from tomorrow, and I'll start on my project as soon as i be an advanced C/C++ programmer... im so thankful to you, again.

Reactions: Dive

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well thank you so so so much, that's an information i needed to learn, it's fine though, i am willing to pay money in order to learn it, I'll be looking for a source of information starting from tomorrow, and I'll start on my project as soon as i be an advanced C/C++ programmer... im so thankful to you, again.

I am a teacher, some tips for learning a new language:

Codelearn
Udemy

PZT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish
The fact that Tokyo Jungle didn't come out on the Vita despite being released in the right timeframe and having graphics styled for the Vita's specs and being one of the only games to officially support PS3 remote play, will haunt me until the day I die
The PSM game doesn't count unfortunately although it's interesting in its own right

pix31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
I wish
The fact that Tokyo Jungle didn't come out on the Vita despite being released in the right timeframe and having graphics styled for the Vita's specs and being one of the only games to officially support PS3 remote play, will haunt me until the day I die
The PSM game doesn't count unfortunately although it's interesting in its own right
well, it's either ""port the game"" or ""remake the game"" and both of these require a lot of work and knowledge

pix31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
I wish
well, it's either ""port the game"" or ""remake the game"" and both of these require a lot of work and knowledge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol