granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a hobo spider:

femhobo.jpg

You could have just done a Google image search though.

I hope Joujoudoll is okay. I haven't seen a post from her in days.
frown.gif

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Talaria said:
Isn't there like a 24hr Nurse/Health hotline that you can talk to a professional and determine whether its worth going to hostipal. Also by thinking you've got a spider bite could worsen it as it could just be blister/ingrown hair and you will become paranoid thus giving you pseudo-symptoms.

Thankfully the most dangerous animals in my country are the sheep and a smaller species of the White Tail spider (Not that poisonous), although now some Red Back Spiders have been entering our country from Oz >_>.

That's what I did... I called a nurse hotline because I didn't want to call 911 and possible pay a bunch of money for nothing...

So, I call the hotline and the nurse is like, "Describe what the effected area looks like." So, I told her and she said, "Well, that doesn't sound like a spider bite, do me a favour and look in a mirror and lift your shirt..."

I do what she asks and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I screamed really loud, my entire torso was broken out in the same looking things and it turns out, that it's shingles, which is pretty much chicken pox that has been lying dormant in my body for 18 years... I had chicken box when I was five.

So, that's what happened. I went to my doctor the next day and got some antiviral medications and cortizone cream to put on it and some antibiotic ointment to stop infection of the blisters... So, I have the rash a little bit on my legs and all over the side of my stomach going onto my back.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I went on my holiday, he said he hopes my plan crashes... He used to me nice to me until he was talking in a thread about how he likes to get girls to do things with him that they normally wouldn't do before he breaks up with them and I told him that he was a chauvinistic pig and an asshole, then he decided that I'm not worth living anymore.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aw well glad you arent going to die from a hobo spider!
i had chicken pox back when i was small too
just watch a lot of tv/play video games/anything to distract you from the itching
eat your meds/put on calamine lotion/soothing cream
and get lots of sleep
you'll be better in no time :]

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:
aw well glad you arent going to die from a hobo spider!
i had chicken pox back when i was small too
just watch a lot of tv/play video games/anything to distract you from the itching
eat your meds/put on calamine lotion/soothing cream
and get lots of sleep
you'll be better in no time :]

Thanks tinymonkeyt, the slight problem with shingles is they last a lot longer than chicken pox... I hope it won't last a month like some of the sites I've been reading says.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am healthy... Shingles has nothing to do with health. If you've had chicken pox, you can acquire shingles at any time. You could be the healthiest person on the planet and you can still get shingles if you've had chicken pox.

Another thing, the whole kidney stone thing, that has nothing to do with health either. In fact I am kind of granola type person, I am freaked out about my health all the time and I eat a lot of fruits, veggies, legumes, nuts, grains... Those things cause kidney stones. All the things that are healthy for most people are bad for me, so I have to eat a gluten free diet now and I have to take whole food vitamins so that I don't get kidney stones anymore.

I will also be selling my juicer... Anyone interested? It makes awesome orange juice.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joujoudoll said:
So, I call the hotline and the nurse is like, "Describe what the effected area looks like." So, I told her and she said, "Well, that doesn't sound like a spider bite, do me a favour and look in a mirror and lift your shirt..."

I interpreted that last sentence there differently.. especially because of the "dot dot dot" at the end lol.

:wtf: glad you're ok, although this is a massive bump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, thats not orange thats blue +1