Hacking Possible to make a Wii Wad for Super Mario Odyssey 64 hack?

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Referring to the recently released ROM hack here. I know that the Star Road ROM hack was optimized into a Wii Wad recently and wondering if the same could theoretically be done for this.

Reactions: mcgrog

mcgrog

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been trying to make this happen, i followed a method using showmiiwads that ive successfully used to patch zelda dawn n dusk into an ocarina wad to replace the rom file and repack, i tried using the same method to get a working patched sm64 odyssey z64 rom into a us sm64 wii vc wad with no luck, i then found this thread and tried again using a pretty default sm64compress of the working rom (maybe default is the problem, might need to test othersettings) into a us sm64 wii vc wad and for the life of me i cant get it to blend (maybe i need to extend it back out to a default size or something after i compress it, might give that a go too) also in my quest to play sm64 odyssey on my wii i stumbled across Patcher64plus-tool on github, which seems like a super tidy way of doing lots of things and claims to be able to patch odyssey into a wii vc wad, tried a bunch of things to get it going though and no luck, anyone figure out a good process for injecting it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY