Post a picture of your desktop!

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(guess I could get into music files and buy off on GOG instead I guess).
getting games DRM free doesn't really have much of a benefit besides having more control over the files, but getting music files over streaming has multiple benefits. Far superior audio quality, not having to worry about your music getting removed from the platform suddenly, getting all the extra content that comes with the album (albeit in a digital format)
I don't hate on spotify to be 'cool' or 'contrarian' i hate it because it doesn't really benefit artists and is kind of a pointless service (for me at least) when downloading exists and music files are small as fuck anyways

Last edited by 64bitmodels,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
my desktop has changed a bit since april and so has my songlist too for some goofy ahh reason.
i had to take this screenshot in 1440p because temp didn't like the size of the 4k one very much :angry:
Why is your UI scale set so high?

willowpoke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently using this Popplio wallpaper
1653897316815.png
I just really like Popplio -w-

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
getting games DRM free doesn't really have much of a benefit besides having more control over the files

I mean I know what you're trying to say with DRM free gaming only having one advantage to it but to me at least it sort of rubs me the wrong way, like it's insignificant (even though I know that's not what you're trying to do).

but getting music files over streaming has multiple benefits. Far superior audio quality, not having to worry about your music getting removed from the platform suddenly, getting all the extra content that comes with the album (albeit in a digital format)
This part intrigues me the most, I do like the promise of having ownership of the media while experiencing the audio in a vastly superior way, the extra stuff is nice I guess.
I don't hate on spotify to be mainstream i hate it because it doesn't really benefit artists and is kind of a pointless service (for me at least) when downloading exists and music files are small as fuck anyways

Yeah personally I kind of don't want to pay for Spotify when (YouTube + Ublock Origin) is kind of enough for me frankly for free, seems like a waste at that point.

But overall I just might be sold on using music files, but I'd like some recommendations on good, lossless music formats (IE. Flac) and a nice application to manage all of my music.

As always thank you and have a nice day <3.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I know what you're trying to say with DRM free gaming only having one advantage to it but to me at least it sort of rubs me the wrong way, like it's insignificant (even though I know that's not what you're trying to do).

This part intrigues me the most, I do like the promise of having ownership of the media while experiencing the audio in a vastly superior way, the extra stuff is nice I guess.

Yeah personally I kind of don't want to pay for Spotify when (YouTube + Ublock Origin) is kind of enough for me frankly for free, seems like a waste at that point.

But overall I just might be sold on using music files, but I'd like some recommendations on good, lossless music formats (IE. Flac) and a nice application to manage all of my music.

As always thank you and have a nice day <3.
if you want to get the most out of flac files you're gonna need a real good set of headphones, a DAC and an amp
Depending on the headphones an amp isn't necessary (if the impedance/ohms aren't that high you won't need an amp) but a DAC is a #1 priority.
do the rest of the research yourself, it's 12 am over here lol
Also, while i can understand the appeal of no DRM gaming, I really don't care that much since i have enough faith in valve to keep all of my games safe and playable. Also, the files are on my hard drive so i can just crack them if push comes to shove

Reactions: TomRiddle
Trophies
XP
Gave Silverblue a real go, and while I liked a lot about it, there are just small papercuts that pile up for my usecase with it. The main one is that QT applications on gnome integrate like shit, with gnome's QGnomePlatform theme for them being terrible looking, having issues with dark icons on dark backgrounds, qt themes being generally less available as Flatpaks, etc. A QT application I really need is Strawberry, a qt6-based music player. I tried to just use rpm-ostree to layer strawberry and kvantum with a different qt theme on top of it . . . but Fedora's kvantum release doesn't support qt6 like on the other distros I use. I tried other ways of getting around this with using toolbox / distrobox containers, but then graphical applications don't integrate well and have other problems . . . It just piles up on me and gets on my nerves. I think its image-based approach is definitely the future, but it's not ready yet for me. Fortunate to know that a few of them will disappear with future updates, though. I'm excited for what it's going to offer in the future when it (hopefully) becomes the way normal Fedora Workstation works.

And so I'm back on my usual arch setup. I put more effort into securing my system and making it more resilient with full disk encryption, secure boot with unified kernel images, automatic snapshots and backups, and selinux with apparmor to get it on par with Fedora Silverblue's level of general security and seamlessness. It's gone pretty well.

Screenshot-1656125944.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn