Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

superfury1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually right now, i would really love to see UniPCEmu ported to the Nintendo 3DS (and Switch) as it looks to run and look much better than RetroArch's DOSBox core: https://superfury.itch.io/unipcemu
I realize it's an old question, but it's (a 3DS port) not entirely workable as far as I can see. The Switch port is already released some time ago.
UniPCemu requires roughly a PSP-size display to have readable text (for it's 8x8 font menus). That's 480x272 pixel minimum. Since the 3DS has even less than that, the text on it's menus and buttons would become too small and garbled to be readable(roughly half of what's needed horizontally, slightly less vertically).

Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize it's an old question, but it's (a 3DS port) not entirely workable as far as I can see. The Switch port is already released some time ago.
UniPCemu requires roughly a PSP-size display to have readable text (for it's 8x8 font menus). That's 480x272 pixel minimum. Since the 3DS has even less than that, the text on it's menus and buttons would become too small and garbled to be readable(roughly half of what's needed horizontally, slightly less vertically).
ah okay, never knew the reason why but hey at least a standalone dosbox emu was finally done so it's all good now.

Hat-Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like a mod for IronFall: Invasion that fixes the controls to better reflect the standard for FPS/TPS games. It uses the shoulder buttons to reload and run. That is WHACK!

RyanxGwG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a Dosbox port it probably can. UniPCemu ran it as well last time I tested it (although way slower than Dosbox due to more accurate emulation of hardware).
I tried arena on it a while ago and even that could only run at 5 frames /:

Disappointed but any advice on getting a better frame rate would be great

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
theres unfortunately not a whole lot thats been made with the vb, and sadly most devs have moved on. It would be nice to have a good vb emu, as even I never got into that system other than the odd kiosk stands at stores. Rather odd take on a console.

Last edited by VinsCool,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Killaship

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this already got asked, I'm not reading 157 pages of forums.
Anyways, I've heard of devices, whether it be grabbing something like an ESP32 board or installing software on a PC or router, that can emulate Streetpass hits. Is there any easy way to do that, that's currently supported, and doesn't just recycle old hits?

Moodles

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably too ambitious but I would wanna see a Seaman for dreamcast demake. Ironically it was originally gonna get released but got cancelled so would be amusing to finally see it come to the 3Ds

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyways, I've heard of devices, whether it be grabbing something like an ESP32 board or installing software on a PC or router, that can emulate Streetpass hits. Is there any easy way to do that, that's currently supported, and doesn't just recycle old hits?
That just spoofs a hotspot for Nintendo's old Streetpass relay service, which has been completely shut down. So no, it is no longer supported.

The theoretical details of making a device that can send out Streetpass data have all been worked out, but no one has yet to produce something beyond a proof-of-concept.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/homepass-recreation-streetpass-reverse-engineering.562161/

You can still use Godmode9 to manually deposit the appropriate data on the 3DS NAND and fake Streetpasses that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong