Homebrew Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

Arrrchitects

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I made a thread about shops and their shutting down which prompted some talk and it seemed quite a few of us could care less about acquiring content from the shops and more so really only cared about the convenience of being able to see at a glance what games had new updates/dlc/whatever available, at least that's the biggest thing for me. Has anyone made a homebrew that does just that? Essentially a shop with no content? That way one could just pop it open, see what new releases are out along with which of their games have updates or new dlc, then proceed with their preferred method of acquiring said content. I don't recall seeing any homebrew that does this but I haven't been around that long and learn new shit every day. So if anyone knows of anything that does this can you please direct me to it, and if there isn't anything, can one of you handsome devs consider throwing something together?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I made a thread about shops and their shutting down which prompted some talk and it seemed quite a few of us could care less about acquiring content from the shops and more so really only cared about the convenience of being able to see at a glance what games had new updates/dlc/whatever available, at least that's the biggest thing for me. Has anyone made a homebrew that does just that? Essentially a shop with no content? That way one could just pop it open, see what new releases are out along with which of their games have updates or new dlc, then proceed with their preferred method of acquiring said content. I don't recall seeing any homebrew that does this but I haven't been around that long and learn new shit every day. So if anyone knows of anything that does this can you please direct me to it, and if there isn't anything, can one of you handsome devs consider throwing something together?
There's an update checker that makes you a list of whichever games you have installed that have updates available. Haven't seen anything for listing new games.

Zarbon44

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Hello, i have an idea for a a very little homebrew feature. Why not combine the glowing home button feature with recording and taking screenshots. For example, when you press screenshot, it lights up once, or when recording it it lights up and down.

OnTheGoRepairs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a lot of hombrew out for the switch. basically everything you really need does exist.
i dont know what else you could want. games?
yeah i guess you are right. XBMC would be awesome tho. another custom os would be neat, besides atmosphere. xbox had evox, unleashx, xbmc, and avalaunchx or whatever it was called. i remember making my own custom install disk for all my xbox mod customers, i could setup any xbox without even needing a computer. then again, you couldn't download games directly to the xbox with a free shop.. i'll stop rambling now

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i guess you are right. XBMC would be awesome tho. another custom os would be neat, besides atmosphere. xbox had evox, unleashx, xbmc, and avalaunchx or whatever it was called. i remember making my own custom install disk for all my xbox mod customers, i could setup any xbox without even needing a computer. then again, you couldn't download games directly to the xbox with a free shop.. i'll stop rambling now
Well, you are able to load different os's on the switch, mainly android (lineageOS) and a Linux distro (lakka) the only console that can load these os's is the unpatched v1. I don't think the os's have been updated to support modchipped units

AlmondMilk12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well, you are able to load different os's on the switch, mainly android (lineageOS) and a Linux distro (lakka) the only console that can load these os's is the unpatched v1. I don't think the os's have been updated to support modchipped units
The android 11 versions of lineage support modchips 👍

katski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the current branch is not the best to work with. i still use the legacy branch but if you want a "demo" (that you will never get), just pick any homebrew that has been made with borealis and compile it. There are many guides on how to compile homebrews that already make it as easy as possible. The rest is up to you and how much you want to learn.
to find projects that use borealis on github, should we check out https://github.com/natinusala/borealis/forks how would you locate these kinds of projects? also, does the project have an irc chat or discord that you know of?

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
creating Folders like the 3DS to the Homescreen
Not possible unless you replace the homescreen with uLaunch

to find projects that use borealis on github, should we check out https://github.com/natinusala/borealis/forks how would you locate these kinds of projects? also, does the project have an irc chat or discord that you know of?
Forks or just check gbatemp/hbappstore which apps use borealis. They all look the same so its not really hard to miss. You could also just google parts of the source code or search on github for it. There are tons of ways to find them. Just pick one and search. Most developers are in the ReSwitched discord.

OnTheGoRepairs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this has already been suggested, but a program to test the joystick would be awesome. controller drift, buttons, vibration, motion controls, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :angry: