Country
Iceland
DS Games
Less than £10
Slot 1.
Built in or expandable memory? Not bothered
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? Good support and compatability
just want one that can play all new games.

and it needs to be cheap

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
adamdbz said:
DS Games
Less than £10
Slot 1.
Built in or expandable memory? Not bothered
GBA compatibility? No
just want one that can play all new games.

and it needs to be cheap
Original R4 (or R4i Gold with WOOD compatibility) or for a couple pounds more the Acekard 2i

ewanwalker_2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Use? Games, Homebrew. Music/Video would be a bonus but not necessary
Price Range? Anything, from the UK so ones I'm looking at are in the 20 - 40 quid range.
Slot 1/2? Only own a DSi so slot 1?
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
GBA compatibility? Bonus but not necessary; I note Supercard DSTwo can do it...
Special features? eg. SDHC compatibility, automatic DLDI: Both of those and Cheat function for when things get hairy. Easy to set up and use. Wireless functionality of ROMs if at all possible?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Am stuck between Acekard 2i, Supercard DSOnei and Supercard DSTwo...

Will mostly be playing Pokemon and Fire Emblem games if that makes a difference to the choice of carts. Save compatibility between Official Carts and ROMs would be nice since I'd like to switching between several versions of Pokemon Saves etc.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ewanwalker_2001 said:
Use? Games, Homebrew. Music/Video would be a bonus but not necessary
Price Range? Anything, from the UK so ones I'm looking at are in the 20 - 40 quid range.
Slot 1/2? Only own a DSi so slot 1?
GBA compatibility? Bonus but not necessary; I note Supercard DSTwo can do it...
Special features? eg. SDHC compatibility, automatic DLDI: Both of those and Cheat function for when things get hairy. Easy to set up and use. Wireless functionality of ROMs if at all possible?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Am stuck between Acekard 2i, Supercard DSOnei and Supercard DSTwo...

Will mostly be playing Pokemon and Fire Emblem games if that makes a difference to the choice of carts. Save compatibility between Official Carts and ROMs would be nice since I'd like to switching between several versions of Pokemon Saves etc.
You can use either Acekard 2i or Supercard DSTWO, but since you state you're also stuck with this choice, it'll be hard.

Both flashcarts are in your price range, but the DSTWO is definately worth the €10.- for its 100% compatibility, movie player (Can play various movie files, with SRT subtitle support. Caution: It does not work for everyone, it is possible you get a white screen like me) GBA emulator and special homebrew.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iloqutiss1 said:
Use? NDS Games/Homebrew/Music/Video
Price Range? Less than $20
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSDHC
GBA compatibility? Would be nice but not necessary
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular DSTT, R4 DS, M3, Acekard 2
Acekard 2i. None of the flashcarts in your price range can run GBA games, and the Acekard 2i has the best compatibility of your selection.

LinkX9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
To let everyone know, I own a Supercard DS ONE SDHC and I plan to get another one.

Use? DS Games as well as emulation for the sake of Youtube playthroughs.
Price Range? A good price
Slot 1/2? One as long as it doesn't mess up my handheld.
Built in or expandable memory? Micro SD are what I like.
GBA compatibility? Yes
Special features? SDHC compatibility would be nice
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular As long as it can support the upcoming Nintendo 3DS.

Jalalipop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Just DS games
Price Range? under 20 dollars
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? SDHC compatible
Special features? Just AR cheats, nothing fancy
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I'm looking at the Acekard 2i
Other? It needs to be DSi compatible.

I previously had an R4i Gold, but it recently stopped working with my DSi (no, I didn't upgrade the firmware. Here's the thread about this mystery if you're interested.) I just need a cheap replacement that still has good support. If I don't get an answer, I'll go with the Acekard 2i. I just wanted to check in case anyone had a better recommendation for a $20 budget.

E: Also, is Realhotstuff.com a good site if I'm ordering from the US? Reviews look promising, but I just wanted to make sure.

order-sol

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hey, looking fora flashcard for a DS Lite, that can play GBA games...I'm a little new to flash cards again and haven't used one since the older R4.

Use? DS+gba games
Price Range? £20 or less if possible...
Slot 1/2? I'm really not sure, as long as it's cheap enough and can play GBA properly..
GBA compatibility? Yes this is a must

Looking for it to play the pokemon (gba) games and Mother 3 (gba) along with the new DS Pokemon titles if possible...have just moved house so it'd hopefully be nice for it to be cheap

Thanks guys !

Awesomeslayerg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jalalipop said:
Use? Just DS games
Slot 1/2? Slot 1

I previously had an R4i Gold, but it recently stopped working with my DSi (no, I didn't upgrade the firmware. Here's the thread about this mystery if you're interested.) I just need a cheap replacement that still has good support. If I don't get an answer, I'll go with the Acekard 2i. I just wanted to check in case anyone had a better recommendation for a $20 budget.

E: Also, is Realhotstuff.com a good site if I'm ordering from the US? Reviews look promising, but I just wanted to make sure.

Yea its a good site, You would recive your package within 2-5 days.

Awesomeslayerg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
order-sol said:
Hey, looking fora flashcard for a DS Lite, that can play GBA games...I'm a little new to flash cards again and haven't used one since the older R4.

Use? DS+gba games
Slot 1/2? I'm really not sure, as long as it's cheap enough and can play GBA properly..

Looking for it to play the pokemon (gba) games and Mother 3 (gba) along with the new DS Pokemon titles if possible...have just moved house so it'd hopefully be nice for it to be cheap

Thanks guys !

Acekard 2i, but you need a expansion pack or a DSTWO Expandable.. Go get it from realhotstuff.com

order-sol

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Awesomeslayerg said:
order-sol said:

Use? DS+gba games

Thanks guys !

Acekard 2i, but you need a expansion pack or a DSTWO Expandable.. Go get it from realhotstuff.com

thanks ! any suggestions of compatible expansion packs? as I said, a total n00b nowadays, website seems nice but shipping is more expensive than the cart !

Jalalipop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesomeslayerg said:
Jalalipop said:
Use? Just DS games
Slot 1/2? Slot 1

Yea its a good site, You would recive your package within 2-5 days.
Perfect. I just don't want to have to wait 1 week+ like I did when I ordered from China.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NewFusion said:
I've gone through the forums here and at ds-scene but I'm still unclear on a few things:

Does any Acekard offer SNES support?
Not a special plugin for the Acekard, but there are snes emulators that work on all flashcards. Unlike the DS2 which is a Built-In SNES emulator
Is there any benefit to getting the Acekard 2i over the 2.1 when all I have is a DSLite and am not planning to upgrade?
I would say yes becusae the Acekard 2i is newer and somehow "better" and I think its a like 2-4$ price difference or somerhing.... Also if u ever plan on running it on a DSi u already got a acekard 2i ready
tongue.gif

Does the combo of Acekard and EZ 3 in 1 use roughly the same amount of battery life as the DSTWO does when emulating GBA games?
DS2 has a on-board cpu which will drain battery life faster then other flashcards. The AK2i + EZ3in1 should not drain as much battery as the DS2
Is there a 'good' SNES emulator? I've read conflicting reports on this one...
Best one is SNEmulDS
What other stable emulators can work with a DSLite's hardware?
There are lot's, the best one's that work perfectly on a DSL, one of them would be Lameboy
What size SDHC card would you suggest for a robust (lots of games but not every game) selection of games across multiple platforms? Music and movies are not necessary.
4GB should be enough for alot of games
Did the SupercardDSTWO ever come out with its promised snes support?
When it was released, they attached a "coming soon....." for the snes and built in gba, and they did get it out as promised
happy.gif

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the help
smile.gif

NewFusion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much Haddad. It sounds like the 2i/2.1 + EZ 3 in 1 combo is my best bet! Two sites I've read that are trustworthy to buy from are real hot stuff and game play fun (both prominently featured here), but I noticed that RHS has stopped accepting paypal and GPF does not offer the 3 in 1 kit. Any recommendations for the best website to buy both from? I'd prefer not to give out a cc to these types of sites
unsure.gif

Jakemaster64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games
Price Range? 10-35+
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? No preference.
Special features? If it could play GBA games that would be an added plus.. no idea if it could though..xD
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular None
Other? Could you also link a valid site to buy the card? I have a DS Lite if that matters.

This is my first time buying one of these cards.. so your help is greatly appreciated =]

Edit: And just looked at the age of the post.. Google has done too well.. Sorry for the necro..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(