Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=266...15&start=15

My post at the bottom of page 2 there, it's... nothing. However I did post a sentence, now it's gone.

There's no edit notice, no reason for it to have been removed, and when I try to use the quick edit it just doesn't even load, and when I go to quote it nothing shows up in the post box, not even quote tags surrounding nothing.

I've seen this happen to another post or two in other threads, but I thought it was people just continuing a "post nothing to confuse people" trend from the EoF.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KingVamp said:
Sterl500 said:
OMG it did it to me too, am I doin' it rite?!! Nah not really, but I have seen it lately.
Very nice
tongue.gif
I bet I could do that better, but I doubt that it would stop the quote from disappearing completely (i.e. tags and everything).
tongue.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when the staff edits a post, the person that edited the post can be seen by the staff, so I'd say this is a legitimate bug.

I too thought this was some trick that people were pulling to confuse others in the EoF.

D

Deleted User

I am r4ymond said:
I agree that it is a ghost - more likely...A GBATEMP GHOST!
tongue.gif
scary...sounds like our Pokemon Creepy Black GHOST is creeping about...

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to say I noticed this too. I had posted through quick reply but when I got sent back to the thread my posts was no longer there. I just gave up and didnt repost my thought.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this happened to me earlier today in the wood 1.18 thread. i made a reply, posted it, and it posted blank. i reposted it by editing and it worked. i had quoted text in the original message, not sure if that matters or not.

-another world

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Weird, weird, weird.

Also, you can post seemingly empty posts by using a zero-width character like this '?', so would the use of these in the EoF have caused those empty posts to start showing up?

Sucks either way, especially when you type up something big and your post gets completely removed. :?( Oh well, that's why Google Chrome (and probably the other modern web browsers, too) keep a copy of what you typed around for a while, and even if you're using a browser that doesn't, you can just copy everything you typed before you actually post the post, just to make sure you won't lose it.

EDIT: and what in the world is up with this post? http://gbatemp.net/t267077-ask-gbatemp-sho...t&p=3294034

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
shlong said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
EDIT: and what in the world is up with this post? http://gbatemp.net/t267077-ask-gbatemp-sho...t&p=3294034
ProtoKun didn't want people to know that his post had been edited, so he put
[ color="white" ][ left ][ /color ][ /left ]
at the end of his post, turning the bit saying it had been edited white.
But that makes no sense... How can something inside a post have any effect whatsoever on the 'edited then, by that person' tag?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Also, you can post seemingly empty posts by using a zero-width character like this '?', so would the use of these in the EoF have caused those empty posts to start showing up?If you quote those posts the quote BBcode still comes in. Not so with the actually-empty posts.

QUOTE(Overlord Nadrian @ Nov 29 2010, 03:21 PM) But that makes no sense... How can something inside a post have any effect whatsoever on the 'edited then, by that person' tag?
The tags were closed in an incorrect order and it messed up the parser a bit, a small forum bug that can be fixed (as use of the left alignment tag is really rare, a bug involving it is unlikely to be found or cared about, to be honest).

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had the same thought about zero-width spaces, which is why I said I could do better than Sterl, but as Rydian said, quote tags would stay.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rydian said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
But that makes no sense... How can something inside a post have any effect whatsoever on the 'edited then, by that person' tag?The tags were closed in an incorrect order and it messed up the parser a bit, a small forum bug that can be fixed (as use of the left alignment tag is really rare, a bug involving it is unlikely to be found or cared about, to be honest).
Actually, it's a bug in the HTML itself.
I found out that when you do
, the effect of the span keeps going (in this case till the end of the post), eventhough it's closed. So it can't be fixed that easily (nor is there any need for that).
It has nothing to do with [left] and [color] specifically.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This has happened to me do, so I had to re-edit the post and re-type everything to make it work, it happened to me last night

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw