nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Can somebody please confirm if this latest version works on fw 11? I'm planning on update but can't afford to gamble the function of this app, as I use it pretty often.

Cruzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody please confirm if this latest version works on fw 11? I'm planning on update but can't afford to gamble the function of this app, as I use it pretty often.

I just updated to 11 on my emunand and its not working for me.

Reactions: nWo

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi and thanks! Wanted to ask what is the limit on HDD? I tested the homebrew with 1 HDD of 1 tb and 1 HDD of 4tb. Both formatted NTSF with independent power supply, but in both cases after selecting USB, nothing shows up on screen. The app does not crash, but the USB are not being detected. Is there a limit? Or anything else worth mentioning for them to work?

Thank you again, this is what I have been waiting for.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hi and thanks! Wanted to ask what is the limit on HDD? I tested the homebrew with 1 HDD of 1 tb and 1 HDD of 4tb. Both formatted NTSF with independent power supply, but in both cases after selecting USB, nothing shows up on screen. The app does not crash, but the USB are not being detected. Is there a limit? Or anything else worth mentioning for them to work?

Thank you again, this is what I have been waiting for.
There is no capacity limit.

The default behaviour for NTFS volumes in libusbhsfs is not to mount them if they are in a hibernated or unclean state. In order to fix the issue, connect them to a Windows PC, wait around ~10 minutes and *safely remove* them - this will rebuild the NTFS journal, which should then let the application mount them.

Reactions: lordelan and nWo

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There is no capacity limit.

The default behaviour for NTFS volumes in libusbhsfs is not to mount them if they are in a hibernated or unclean state. In order to fix the issue, connect them to a Windows PC, wait around ~10 minutes and *safely remove* them - this will rebuild the NTFS journal, which should then let the application mount them.

Why not mount it readonly? If that was possible. For pplay usage, the external hdd shouldn't be written in most cases.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Why not mount it readonly? If that was possible. For pplay usage, the external hdd shouldn't be written in most cases.
It's up to the developers using the library to decide which mount flags to use. libusbhsfs uses a default set, but it can be overriden by the application using the library at runtime.

Nonetheless, I just updated the library to change the default behaviour for these cases. Just found out the default behaviour for NTFS-3G under Linux changed years ago as well.

Last edited by DarkMatterCore,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh