Hacking Premade RCM Jigs Preorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
F G will need short pin 10 - 9 but f0f use pin10 -7 our 1 .
There's some way to chenge the shorted pins?

FoxofGrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F G will need short pin 10 - 9 but f0f use pin10 -7 our 1 .
There's some way to chenge the shorted pins?
Shorting Pin 10 to ground is needed, and with Pin 9, it is also ground. Along with Pins 7, 2, and 1. Pins 7 and 10 just so happen to be arranged as pins 1 and 4 on USB, thus that's where using a Micro-USB wafer came from in regards to this jig.

Source: https://reswitched.tech/hardware/joycon

Last edited by FoxofGrey,

FoxofGrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asking 2 questions:

1. Will this be the only way into the home brew?

And 2. Will this short out anything on my switch. And is there any way to make one of these myself? Copper or a paper clip?

1) If you have a FW version 3.0.0 and under, there is Plutoo's homebrew launcher: https://switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
But theoretically, FG is much more powerful than Plutoo's homebrew launcher due to this having a much lower abstraction. But for right now, there is a way to launch Arch Linux, dump your NAND, and test out the exploit. Technically no homebrew so far, but the scene will expand out more very shortly this year.

2) This will short Pin 10 (Joycon data line) to Pin 7 (Ground). But in terms of damage, getting into RCM will not damage anything, just be careful what payloads you launch. And, while you could 3D print one yourself or use a copper wire, a 3D printer is still costly, along with the actual set up, and shorting the pins using a wire is a very clunky way of getting into RCM. Trust me, I tried, and even getting into recovery mode on my Ti-Nspire was much easier. And that required to balance the thing on something like a pencil while holding down three buttons that are very hard to press with one hand. This jig was meant to be much more convenient for the end-user to launch into RCM mode.

Reactions: Deleted User

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,

I have access to resources from my college that'll allow me to print out as much of these jigs as I need, along with the ability to order multiple micro-USB cables (still need a few shipped for this and my personal jig). Anyways, my point here is that, only for $4.99 (not including shipping, that'll be discussed later on here), I will ship you a pre-made RCM jig, along with some resources that'll help you out. Anyways, here is my own RCM jig, without the wafer:

Anyways, comment below if you want it, and next week, on May 2nd Tomorrow night, April 26th at around 10PM, I will close preorders and contact the individuals who want it further, to discuss shipping pricing and location to ship to, along with payment.

Edit: I had to shorten the date due to the sudden realization that next week is finals for me, so apologies on that part. Second, I would also want to explain that the funds are going directly towards helping my college classes, so there's some moral reasoning there if anyone needed such.

I'm in!

Reactions: FoxofGrey
D

Deleted User

Capitalize off of the free resources provided to you for free by your college and fail0verflow, because that's ethical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay