Price point for modded switch? and switch or oled?

emilin_rose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm saving up to get a second switch, i want to be able to hack it without risking getting banned on my main.

I have about 250 saved up now, its going to be at least a few more months before i have 350-400.

I have some questions about it though.

What are the prices, on average, for a premodded switch? would it be worth it to wait and get an OLED modded instead?

How difficult is it to install a chip in either? would it be worth it to get one and mod it myself if i'm not particularly good at these things?

Reactions: ashj

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm saving up to get a second switch, i want to be able to hack it without risking getting banned on my main.

I have about 250 saved up now, its going to be at least a few more months before i have 350-400.

What are the prices, on average, for a premodded switch? would it be worth it to wait and get an OLED modded instead?

How difficult is it to install a chip in either? would it be worth it to get one and mod it myself if i'm not particularly good at these things?
Use Mercari if in the US, many posters will provider serial via images, check to see if unpatched here, and you can get a good one for $175-$215.OLEDs are harder, and run $650-$750 with shipping as the work needs professionally done.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Hack your Switch and if you get banned, buy a second one then. If you do things the right way then you won't get banned and it'll just be wasted money. They don't ban accounts, so even if you got banned, you could reuse your account and keep all your purchases.

Reactions: emilin_rose

emilin_rose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hack your Switch and if you get banned, buy a second one then. If you do things the right way then you won't get banned and it'll just be wasted money. They don't ban accounts, so even if you got banned, you could reuse your account and keep all your purchases.
well, my switch is already updated, so i'd need to find someone to install a chip on it anyhow. and i don't know much about chips or installing them

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Your console is possibly patched.

Possible firmware version out of the box: Unknown

another checker here says its patched

https://damota.me/ssnc/checker/
In that case you should check the serial sheet which goes a bit more in depth and can tell you roughly the chance of your console being patched (going by which version/edition you have and how many reports of patched/unpatched there are with similar serial number)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ifBIsbTeTpk-bL1Ul9Z9ORPVX3BNH2pHlGW1Z0g8nvM/edit#gid=0

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you save $350-$400 you can just buy all of the Switch games worth playing anyway that you don't already have on your current Switch. And by the time any more decent enough titles come out, you'll have enough more saved to just buy them. Imo owning two of the same consoles just to mod one is a bit ridiculous. But that's just me. I know enough people do it.

Reactions: sley

emilin_rose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

emilin_rose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's is a "Possibly patched" is on the list of possibly patched, so if injecting a test payload doesn't work IT'S PATCHED. the only way to go is a Chip.
well that is the plan, but again i have no idea where to find one, or to install it, since i have no experience with soldering.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
well that is the plan, but again i have no idea where to find one, or to install it, since i have no xperience with soldering.
If you aren't very well skilled on MICROSOLDERING you must no try it; the solders are minuscules you need a microscope to see them. so find somebody skilled enough to avoid permanently damage your switch, you can buy the chip on aliexpress.

emilin_rose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't very well skilled on MICROSOLDERING you must no try it; the solders are minuscules you need a microscope to see them. so find somebody skilled enough to avoid permanently damage your switch, you can buy the chip on aliexpress.
i don't think i know anyone who knows how to do it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind the JPEG artifacts, stylistic choice