Hacking [PrintOut] DIY ARCard-Styled Amiibo Cards

Share your thoughts !?

• Sweet thank you for these!

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Nice but I wont be using them.

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Stop making these, dont waste your time.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • What the heck is a Kipachu?

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

Pecrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wanted to ask you... Where are you getting the lower right code? Or do you have made it up?
There are 2 parts, the one on the right is alwyas the same, exactly the same as the AR Cards that came with the 3ds. The code on the left I did a few things, 1 kept the original AR card codes on the cards i created, and for the rest of the cards I went in order from A-Z and 0-9, in order as the ones listed in the amiibo lineup http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up from bottom up. I ended up missing 2 which do not go in order.

edit

BTW kipachu got all 00000 because he does not exist

Last edited by Pecrow,
Reactions: Mhetralla

Mhetralla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are 2 parts, the one on the right is alwyas the same, exactly the same as the AR Cards that came with the 3ds. The code on the left I did a few things, 1 kept the original AR card codes on the cards i created, and for the rest of the cards I went in order from A-Z and 0-9, in order as the ones listed in the amiibo lineup http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up from bottom up. I ended up missing 2 which do not go in order.

edit

BTW kipachu got all 00000 because he does not exist
I'm an idiot, I wanted to ask about the left bit, not about the obvious right one.:rofl: Thanks for the explanation.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me see if I have the steps correct.

1. Print the picture then cut it out

2. Measure and cut out a piece of cardboard the same size as the picture

3. print another picture with the question mark back-side of the amiibo card

4. stick the two pictures on both sides of the cardboard, keeping the NFC tag inside

So that overall it looks like an AR card front and back, but is scannable as a amiibo.

Did I make up any steps here, or is this what you intended, OP? xD

Reactions: Pecrow

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

4. stick the two pictures on both sides of the cardboard, keeping the NFC tag inside

So that overall it looks like an AR card front and back, but is scannable as a amiibo.

I'm pretty sure they're more so intended to be printed on sticker paper and stuck on NTAG215 PVC cards, like these.

http://m.dhgate.com/product/100pcs-ntag215-nfc-forum-type-2-tag-for-all/255637376.html

Reactions: MattKimura

Pecrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

^^^ Yes and Yes. I myself bought PVC cards, similar to the obe posted below, but this is also correct, you can use both of these as you need. By the way, there is thick cardboard like printer paper that you can buy,Like the ones you buy to make an invitation, those would work perfectly, Front the Images I posted, back the Question Mark, and the nfctag would not even be visible :)

I'm pretty sure they're more so intended to be printed on sticker paper and stuck on NTAG215 PVC cards, like these.

http://m.dhgate.com/product/100pcs-ntag215-nfc-forum-type-2-tag-for-all/255637376.html

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait, those are NFC writable tags but as rectangle shaped? According to that site, it's $11.12 for 100 pieces. And according to Aliexpress they sell the smaller round shaped ones for $35 for 100. I think I'm gonna go with the rectangle shaped ones for sure, it'll be easier to add the print out on it.

My question is how do you print the images out as stickers, do I need my own hardware or do I need to embarrassingly go to a store to get it printed like-so?

Pecrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, those are NFC writable tags but as rectangle shaped? According to that site, it's $11.12 for 100 pieces. And according to Aliexpress they sell the smaller round shaped ones for $35 for 100. I think I'm gonna go with the rectangle shaped ones for sure, it'll be easier to add the print out on it.

My question is how do you print the images out as stickers, do I need my own hardware or do I need to embarrassingly go to a store to get it printed like-so?

You can use a normal laserjet/inkjet printer, and special sticker paper. Full Sized paper that you can print on, wait to dry, cut , peal, and stick to your pvc cards.

Normal Printer Sticker paper, Examples:
http://www.amazon.com/LD-Glossy-Ink...&sr=8-1&keywords=inkjet+printer+sticker+paper
http://www.amazon.com/Grafix-Adhesi...sr=8-11&keywords=inkjet+printer+sticker+paper

Im sure with a little search you could get cheaper ones too.

Last edited by Pecrow,

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Where are you seeing $11.12? It says $42.19 for a lot, which is 100 of them, plus shipping. That's what I'm seeing, at least

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I thought they were more expensive on aliexpress. Have a link?

I can't order any right now anyways. Credit card number got stolen, so I'm waiting for a new card in the mail :(

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shipping to Canada is quite a bit more for those. It would be cheaper for me to get the ones off dhgate. Thanks for the link though.

Reactions: Pecrow

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shipping to Canada is quite a bit more for those. It would be cheaper for me to get the ones off dhgate. Thanks for the link though.
Sorry lool I was looking at the shipping price which is $11 : p

It's actually a total of $42 for them. + $11 shipping

Aliexpress has 100 circular ones for $38 checkout total.

Im ognna go with aliexpress, but then ask them to send me 20 and not 100, for a lesser price. They're 0.36 each so maybe about $6 for 20.

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry lool I was looking at the shipping price which is $11 : p

It's actually a total of $42 for them. + $11 shipping

Aliexpress has 100 circular ones for $38 checkout total.

Im ognna go with aliexpress, but then ask them to send me 20 and not 100, for a lesser price. They're 0.36 each so maybe about $6 for 20.
Nevermind, I'm an idiot. For some reason, I thought the shipping cost on dhgate was cheaper than that.

It actually is cheaper on aliexpress.

Deletr753

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Nope. you need NFC ntag215s which you can configure as an amiibo at home, *you can buy 100 for 35$ on alliexpres* and stick the ntag215 to these printed cards. I have posted 2 tutorials on the main post which gives you a video example and how to do it at home.
Can you please post the links for the 2 tutorials you posted with the video example.
thank you

Pecrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Pecrow. I thought there were actual videos show the process of making the Amiibo card.
Oh no, the owner of the second thread is working on a video for that. Its actually simple.
1. Load Tagmo1.2 apk on android
2. Load Key bin file (only first time)
3. Load Amiibo tag
4. Click Write Tag Auto - place ntag215 on back of phone*nfc*
5. All set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....