Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can now officially start translating!
Was using google translate to play with it and it really hates Russians for some reason...

Attachments

• progress.PNG
    progress.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 708

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We are trying to get people (if we haven't already) from investigations 2.
Yes , please make me the happiest man on the planet and get these people! Investigations 2 translation was brilliant, with all the charm and jokes from other AA games! Project looks great already, can't wait for more updates!

Reactions: BurningDesire

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if anyone knows yet (if you know then ignore this.) but in the first chapter/episode 1 the beginning of the game
There's a witness who's words for speaking in text looks like handwriting and speakes english as one of the lines says "sure".

Last edited by WarioTails358,
Reactions: Deleted User

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yes , please make me the happiest man on the planet and get these people! Investigations 2 translation was brilliant, with all the charm and jokes from other AA games! Project looks great already, can't wait for more updates!
It was far more than brilliant!
I swear, if nobody told me it was fan-translated I wouldn't have known.

For the team member you have already, you've done a us a very great favor!
Hope you get the rest of the team on this one, too ^_^

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the surprise be extra turnabouts? :D
Really excited for this! :)
Depends on what we can modify. We are currently making the tools so we can translate at a faster pace then before. Also, we might be doing two patches. A translation and a localization. Let me know which you would prefer!

Reactions: Bimmel

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Depends on what we can modify. We are currently making the tools so we can translate at a faster pace then before. Also, we might be doing two patches. A translation and a localization. Let me know which you would prefer!
Translation will be better considering it will be released first and more faster than localization! :)
And, btw will ya release the chapters individually or all at once?
Edit:- But, I would love to have localization as well! ^_^

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As far as I understand the difference between a translation and a localization, I would prefer a localization. But it's a bit tricky with this game, playing in the Meiji Period.

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do whatever it takes to fit it into AA universe, some puns/jokes will obviously have to be modified because they won't work translated straight into english. I think I read something a while ago in some other translation/localisation thread of this game that the team planned to cut something from the game because it'd be considered offensive by current 'standards' ( I think it was soemthing racist or about slavery ) -> don't do that. I'd like to play the game in the way the original developers designed it. I hope you didn't come up with similar idea :) Just do it like the AAi2 team did ! I believe in You!

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Releasing it in a V1 which is just a literal translation and then later releasing V2 which is localized sounds perfect to me. The most professional order is to first make the literal translation and then localize it, so if you release it like that in two patches it's a win-win kind of thing. I know a lot of people actually would prefer to just get a literal translation and then me and many others want the localized one. If you guys can manage that, I'll cry tears of joy.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Releasing it in a V1 which is just a literal translation and then later releasing V2 which is localized sounds perfect to me. The most professional order is to first make the literal translation and then localize it, so if you release it like that in two patches it's a win-win kind of thing. I know a lot of people actually would prefer to just get a literal translation and then me and many others want the localized one. If you guys can manage that, I'll cry tears of joy.
We already have names for all the characters when we do the v2 localization! I mean I personally love the challenge this game brings for localization which is why I want to do a second version. So yeah. I'll update you all later this week to let you know where we are!

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys you need to have in mind that some of the characters share names or last names with the characters from the Sherlock Holmes canon (books) so the translators of the team will have to discuss if they keep them or they change them.

D

Deleted User

Guys you need to have in mind that some of the characters share names or last names with the characters from the Sherlock Holmes canon (books) so the translators of the team will have to discuss if they keep them or they change them.
I think we agreed on keeping those.

Reactions: SoyAlexPop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU