Hacking Proof TX used code stolen from #reswitched

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an actual on-topic question: is there any kind of precedent for something like this? Would ReSwitched be able to go after TX successfully with this information?

See https://wiki.fsfe.org/Migrated/GPL Enforcement Cases

Plenty of Chinese based companies have lost in court for the same actions.

Again, if you've never dealt with any of these things first hand, then stop commenting on if/how/what can be done about it. I can assure you all, as someone who HAS been involved in this kind of case at a previous employer, that you absolutely can bring a Chinese company to court (and win) for a license violation.

maybe thread should be renamed to "Proof TX used open source code provided by reswitched "
I believe mods can't edit the titles of threads without OP's approval (i.e. OP reports his first post explaining the name change)

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people can stay on topic rather than fighting it might be end up being a constructive thread.
our hero...!
tenor.gif

Please report bad posts you see, will make our job easier.
so basically what you're telling me is that i need to be extra careful to make kinda borderline posts so funny/relevant that people will forget to report them? :D

l915205

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't see the problem.
It is pretty obvious that one of the Atmosphere guys is behind SX OS. So he can do with his code whatever he wants incl. dual licensing.

Reactions: TAUSENN

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the license belong to all of ReSwitched or those who coded the homebrew launcher specifically?
Since it's a group project, it'd probably be ReSwitched as a whole. Legal definitions of so-called 'gentlemen's handshake' groups can be vague, but since they're all on the same page, that won't be a problem.

Reactions: ccprodigy

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the problem.
It is pretty obvious that one of the Atmosphere guys is behind SX OS. So he can do with his code whatever he wants incl. dual licensing.
>account made today
>pro-TX first post

I'm having some serious doubt right about now

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If TX really didn't care then why they don't admit it from the beginning? Why anytime anyone bring that up they keep asking for proves? So here your prove you want isn't it? Why don't just admit it already? Is it really that shameful steal public work and make money from it?

ccprodigy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the problem.

No one that’s part of the reswitched team condones piracy so this logic is false. There were early rumors of tx using stolen code a few months back.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is pretty obvious that one of the Atmosphere guys is behind SX OS.
detective holmes you've done it again
how did you come onto this boon of knowledge, good sir?
verily we are all in the dark as to how you could have generated such a vision of truth

seriously though what the fuck how would you come to that conclusion

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More reason to not support these guys..Patience & we will have A backup loader for free with no hack code. 3 people I know of are working to hack this nonsense..Also they got HBL shortly after it came out..Where they think it came from? And btw their real product is the dongle and u can make one of those for less than 15 bucks if you know what your doing.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these licenses filed with a federal agency? If so, considering Xecuters location, the worst I can see happening is the SX distribution server site being moved around like Pirate Bay is. Or being blocked in participating nations by national copyright enforcement agencies. But even that would surely cost a large amount of money and manpower to execute, wouldn't it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....