OP
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It’s available now via System Update — but, you know — if you want to stay hacked DO NOT UPDATE! I repeat: DO NOT UPDATE. We’ll keep you posted on what’s what. Stay tuned.

Update: Updating to 3.42 (on my non-hacked console) right now…

Update: Sony has patched PSGroove/PSJailBreak/PSFreedom… Whatever you fancy — it’s patched. Do not update if you wish to remain hacked. Maybe some homebrew will be developed to bypass this mandatory update.

Update: My main man, Demonchild, has confirmed that Logan5 PS3 Proxy Tool works for bypassing this 3.42 update. Keep the Firmware Update box unchecked. This’ll get you back on PSN, but remember: Sony can detect Backup Manager and whatever other homebrew you run, which can likely result in your console getting banned.

Update: Remember this IP: 67.202.81.137? It works again. Set that as your primary & secondary DNS on your PS3 and you’ll be able to bypass 3.42. Exercise caution — who knows whose watching on the other end. Thanks MaX SLayeR!

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/2010/09/06/ps3-fi...-3-42-released/

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kudos to Sony on their speed with resolving this situation. Although I won't be updating as loss of PSN means nothing to me and the hopes of PSX and PS2 joining the ranks in this exploit are too good to pass up.
smile.gif

And now queue the "How do I downgrade my ps3 I accidentally updated!" topics!

EDIT: Shit, I think I have 15 pounds on my UK account still. Welp, wave goodbye to that!

ibrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont be long until they find a way around the patch and then Sony will block that and then again find
there way around that, and then Sony again, and then you got the cycle of "repeat if necessary".

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
already updated

and even ill confirm that all exploits so far are blocked (i tried the n900 one)

i'll stay legit thank you very much on da PS3

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
And it begins.

SnAQ said:
Scott-105 said:
If Nintendo were this fast with updates, we'd all be screwed.

Haha, you´re right about that one
smile.gif

LOL not really. If nintendo makes an update that truly patches the system without anymore holes, even if it takes a year or so, then we'd all be screwed.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercluke said:
Maz7006 said:
i'll stay legit thank you very much on da PS3
i won't
tongue.gif

got a teensy++ that has just shipped and a dingoo on the way just for good measure ;p

i already have a 360 for pirating means; and to be honest ill invest in another PS3 if my free PSN and emulators will pop up, i already can get a nice boxed 40GB phat for like 200$ if i want to so no biggie; piracy doesn't appeal to me on the PS3, i have all their exclusives coz they are jsut that good to buy, well most of them
tongue.gif
; anything else that's multi platform and isn't worth the multiplay i get it for 360. I'm still quite compelled to online gaming and interactions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Two of these half the price Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB Internal Hard Drive Performance HDD – 3.5...