PS TV always asks to connect the controller to press the PS button after being turned on

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is that? Is the AuroraWright version older than R+YAMT?

Yes the AuroraWright version is 3 years old.

The "R+YAMT" is just a selection in VitaDeploy when hacking. It installs the Lite version of YAMT 4.0. The R is just for setting Recommended vita settings, it's not a YAMT version and might not have much to do with YAMT at all...

If you chose R+YAMT when hacking using VitaDeploy, you already have YAMT 4.0 Lite installed and just need to disable storage manager and enable YAMT.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Since you already have SD2VITA installed:

I suggest checking Settings > Devices if you have Storage Devices then all you need to do is.

1. Disable or remove StorageMgr.
2. Before restart go to Settings > Devices > Storage Devices: Add a checkmark to Use YAMT, and choose SD2VITA as your ux0.
3. Reboot.

If Storage Devices isn't in devices, then YAMT would need to be installed first. You can use the AuroraWright if you want but the regular YAMT is fine. When using the YAMT installer (YAMT bubble) you can choose the Lite version for your Vita - you can choose the full of you want but it's not useful unless you have a 3G vita.

I have a PS Vita Slim.

Yes the AuroraWright version is 3 years old.

The "R+YAMT" is just a selection in VitaDeploy when hacking. It installs the Lite version of YAMT 4.0. The R is just for setting Recommended vita settings, it's not a YAMT version and might not have much to do with YAMT at all...

If you chose R+YAMT when hacking using VitaDeploy, you already have YAMT 4.0 Lite installed and just need to disable storage manager and enable YAMT.

Then why do some users still use it?

So, it seems AuroraWright's YAMT is actually called YAMT lite and can be separately downloaded from here.

If so, StorageMgr shouldn't even be installed in the first place.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Slim PS Vita. But isn't R+YAMT already lite version of YAMT and so I wouldn't need to do the last step?
You know you have YAMT installed if Storage Devices is in Settings > Devices.

If you don't have Storage Devices in Settings > Devices then you need to install YAMT.

You only need the 3 steps for the Vita if you have Storage Devices.
1. Disable or Remove StorageMgr. Don't reset.
2. Enable YAMT in Settings > Devices > Storage Devices. Also set ux0 to SD2VITA.
3. Reboot.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You know you have YAMT installed if Storage Devices is in Settings > Devices.

If you don't have Storage Devices in Settings > Devices then you need to install YAMT.

You only need the 3 steps for the Vita if you have Storage Devices.
1. Disable or Remove StorageMgr. Don't reset.
2. Enable YAMT in Settings > Devices > Storage Devices. Also set ux0 to SD2VITA.
3. Reboot.

I already should have YAMT since the "R + YAMT" taiHEN configuration was installed.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I do some people still use AuroraWright?

This is very confusing. I thought R+YAMT was already the lite version of YAMT 4.0 but now it may not be and after all it is?

R+YAMT is not a thing... It's something you selected during VitaDeploy. It sets recommended settings. It also installs YAMT 4.0 Lite.

Some people use StorageMgr too even though it's much older than AuroraWright. You can use anything that works for you...

I'm just recommending you switch to YAMT 4.0 Full for USB on PSTV.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have since I installed R+YAMT and why does one have to check YAMT if it already installed R+YAMT, precisely?

You don't have to do anything.

I'm trying to give you verifiable evidence that you already have YAMT installed so that you try this 10 minute change over to YAMT instead of taking about it for hours and hours.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
R+YAMT is not a thing... It's something you selected during VitaDeploy. It sets recommended settings. It also installs YAMT 4.0 Lite.

Some people use StorageMgr too even though it's much older than AuroraWright. You can use anything that works for you...

I'm just recommending you switch to YAMT 4.0 Full for USB on PSTV.

But like I said, if so, I don't have to install VitaDeploy's YAMT lite version since I installed the "R + YAMT" taiHEN configuration which already includes it.

You don't have to do anything.

I'm trying to give you verifiable evidence that you already have YAMT installed so that you try this 10 minute change over to YAMT instead of taking about it for hours and hours.

OK, I'll uninstall StorageMgr's plugin first. Do you know how are they called and where are they? Also, is playing games with YAMT faster than with StorageMgr, among other things?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'll remove StorageMgr's files first. Do you know how are they called and where are they? Also, playing games with YAMT will be faster than with StorageMgr, among other things?
To remove StorageMgr completely, you can delete the StorageMgr.skprx plugin in the tai folder, delete the StorageMgr.skprx line in the config, and delete the storage_config.txt file.

The games will load faster but not play faster. The Vita boots faster. It's not important to change the Vita over to YAMT but it's nice.

You do need to switch to YAMT 4.0 Full on the PSTV in order to use USB as ux0 on the PSTV.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The games will load faster but not play faster. The Vita boots faster. It's not important to change the Vita over to YAMT but it's nice.

You do need to switch to YAMT 4.0 Full on the PSTV in order to use USB as ux0 on the PSTV.

Also, when downgrading the PS Vita and PS TV via VitaDeploy, I did it to 3.60, not 3.65 or 3.68. Did I do the right thing?

Remove the storage manager skprx line in ur0/tai/config.txt to uninstall.

OK.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Some homebrew.

3.60 needs a plugin to be compatible with official software (games for 3.65 - 3.73). The plugin is 0syscall6 if you wondered (previously reFood). 3.65 also needs the plugin for official games 3.68-3.73.

I already installed that plugin.

Remove the storage manager skprx line in ur0/tai/config.txt to uninstall.

I uninstalled StorageMgr's plugin via AutoPlugin II, restarted the PS Vita and removed the storage_config.txt, storagemgr.skprx and storagemgr_log.txt files on "/ur0:/tai". There was no "storagemgr.skprx" line on "/ur0/tai/config.txt" because it should've already been removed when I uninstalled StorageMgr's plugin via AutoPlugin II but I don't get why it didn't remove the 3 said StorageMgr files so I had to do it manually.

Why can't PS Vita's content via USB be accessed unlike PS Vita's content via FTP and why can't the imc0: folder (or partition, I don't know what are these) be accessed even via FTP (nothing happens when I click it on FileZilla Client. There were folders/partitions that I also couldn't open on PS3 via FTP.)?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't we access the content via USB we can via FTP.

and why can't we access the imc0: folder (or partition, I don't know what are these) even via FTP

Imc0 (internal memory card 1) is your Vita 2000's internal storage mount point.

If you uninstalled StorageMgr, rebooted, and don't have a memory card inserted, the internal storage is mounted to ux0.

If you want to access internal storage, it's now ux0 until you reinstall YAMT and mount ux0 to the USB. It will then return to imc0.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tidied up my config.txt considering yamt made it look sloppy:

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
# YAMT
# ITLS
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
ur0:tai/yamt_helper.skprx
ur0:tai/itls.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
ur0:tai/repatch.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/download_enabler.suprx
ur0:tai/pngshot.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
ur0:tai/macspoofer.suprx
ur0:tai/yamt.suprx
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
ur0:tai/macspoofer.suprx

Reactions: Anderxale

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Imc0 (internal memory card 1) is your Vita 2000's internal storage mount point.

If you uninstalled StorageMgr, rebooted, and don't have a memory card inserted, the internal storage is mounted to ux0.

If you want to access internal storage, it's now ux0 until you reinstall YAMT and mount ux0 to the USB. It will then return to imc0.

I have SD2VITA mounted and was asked something regarding it and it restarted the PS Vita. On Settings, "Devices", "Storage Devices", should "ux0:" be set to "SD2VITA" and "uma0" to "Internal Storage"? And what's "Developer options" about?

Removing a plugin in AutoPluginII is the same as removing the line from the config.

Just like I thought.

Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have SD2Vita mounted and was asked smoething regarding it and it restarted the PS VIta. On Storage Devices, I should set SD2Vita for ux0: and Internal Storage for uma0:, right? And what about Developer options and which options are those?

Just like I thought.
You can mount internal storage to uma0, but you may not want to fill it with anything. The more you rewrite to it, the sooner your internal storage dies. You could just leave the hacking tools on there until you SD dies and you need to use them again.

Back up your saves routinely. SDs die eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk