PS TV always asks to connect the controller to press the PS button after being turned on

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can mount internal storage to uma0, but you may not want to fill it with anything. The more you rewrite to it, the sooner your internal storage dies. You could just leave the hacking tools on there until you SD dies and you need to use them again.

Back up your saves routinely. SDs die eventually.

OK, I'll choose "Internal Storage", then.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,
Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I set it to Default, instead? What is it used for, originally?
Try it! I'm not positive what default uma0 is. I think it's a mounting place that isn't normally occupied (like USB on a computer is normally empty).

Homebrew uses it as the secondary location - so you want to mount extra storage there. uma0 can't be used for bubbles on the homescreen, but you can put PSP, PS1 games or other roms in there. I think you can put video and music there too.

You could get a SD2Vita and use that for Roms in uma0 if you choose. Mounting the internal storage to that can help if you need to set it up with emergency apps or something.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try it! I'm not positive what default uma0 is. I think it's a mounting place that isn't normally occupied (like USB on a computer is normally empty).

Homebrew uses it as the secondary location - so you want to mount extra storage there. uma0 can't be used for bubbles on the homescreen, but you can put PSP, PS1 games or other roms in there. I think you can put video and music there too.

You could get a SD2Vita and use that for Roms in uma0 if you choose. Mounting the internal storage to that can help if you need to set it up with emergency apps or something.

OK, I'll try it.

Should all plugins and apps (except VitaDeploy's) be installed before inserting the microSD card, checking "Use YAMT" and mounting YAMT's partitions? It's just that I want to know step-by-step in case I have to format the microSD card and the PS Vita for some reason.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I install all plugins and apps (except VitaDeploy's) before inserting the microSD card and doing this "Use YAMT" step and set its directories or not? It's just that I want to know all steps in case I have to format the microSD card and the PS Vita for some reason.
You shouldn't have to do anything with plugins... besides removing StorageMgr

This is the PSTV right?

If you set ux0 to USB and restart, your games will be there.

I'm worried that you might not have VitaShell on the USB. Try it. If it won't start we can copy it from internal storage or install from a homebrew store.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You shouldn't have to do anything with plugins... besides removing StorageMgr

This is the PSTV right?

If you set ux0 to USB and restart, your games will be there.

I'm worried that you might not have VitaShell on the USB. Try it. If it won't start we can copy it from internal storage or install from a homebrew store.

No, the PS Vita.

Is there a step-by-step order, like install 3.73 OFW, insert the microSD card on the PS Vita (or insert it before updating to 3.73 OFW), download h-encore² and VitaDeploy from the PC and copy them to the PS Vita, run h-encore² and click "Exit", run Settings, click "HENkaku settings", check "Enable Unsafe Homebrew", run VitaDeploy, click "App downloader", click the wanted apps (in this case, "VitaShell", "iTLS installer", "Adrenaline" and "PKGj"), install them and delete their installers from VitaShell, run VitaDeploy, click "Install a different OS", click "PlayStation Update Package", click "Target firmware:ud0;PSP2UPDATE/PSP2UPDAT.PUP", choose the "Download 3.60 PUP" setting, click "taiHEN configuration:", choose the "R + YAMT" taiHEN configuration setting, check "Install enso", click "Install the selected firmware", download AutoPlugin II from the PC, copy it to the PS Vita's ux0 folder, install it on the PS Vita and delete its installer, run AutoPlugin II, install the wanted plugins, install all the wanted games and DLCs, run Settings, click "Devices", click "Storage Devices", check "Use YAMT", click "ux0:" and choose the "SD2Vita" setting, click "uma0:" and choose the "Default" setting and restart the PS Vita?

It's just that I want to know a step-by-step order (if there is one) in case I have to format the microSD card and the PS Vita for some reason.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your steps don't look terrible (besides the formatting), it's hard to look at hacking a vita via text at the moment.

I have never installed the additional software in VitaDeploy before downgrading to 3.60, I've always done it after. No harm in if it works.

On a fresh install, before setting ux0 to SD2Vita, you may want to mount SD2Vita to uma0 and copy everything from ux0 to uma0 (using Vitashell. Triangle menu in ux0 - mark All, triangle copy, triangle paste in uma0). Then you would have all the same apps installed on SD2VITA when you boot with SD2VITA on ux0 for the first time.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know any PS Vita and PS TV plugins and apps that may increase the gaming experince?

Many. If you want to FTP your config to your phone or computer and then copy/paste what's in it to a Reply we can look at it and point them out.

If your battery is dying, they cost about $20USD and are pretty easy to replace.

A Vita SLIM should last about 5.5-6.5 hours on Minecraft (max CPU and GPU load without overclock) with the screen dim, no volume, no WiFi, no Bluetooth. If you are using WiFi it can steal the battery pretty quick.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Your steps don't look terrible (besides the formatting), it's hard to look at hacking a vita via text at the moment.

I have never installed the additional software in VitaDeploy before downgrading to 3.60, I've always done it after. No harm in if it works.

On a fresh install, before setting ux0 to SD2Vita, you may want to mount SD2Vita to uma0 and copy everything from ux0 to uma0 (using Vitashell. Triangle menu in ux0 - mark All, triangle copy, triangle paste in uma0). Then you would have all the same apps installed on SD2VITA when you boot with SD2VITA on ux0 for the first time.

Sorry, but I don't get what you said in the last paragraph. Before setting "ux0:" to "SD2VITA" in YAMT, I'd set "uma0:" to "SD2VITA" on it, restart the PS Vita, copy everything from ux0 to uma0 using VitaShell, set "ux0" to "SD2VITA" in YAMT and restart the PS Vita? Why would I do that?

Many. If you want to FTP your config to your phone or computer and then copy/paste what's in it to a Reply we can look at it and point them out.

If your battery is dying, they cost about $20USD and are pretty easy to replace.

A Vita SLIM should last about 5.5-6.5 hours on Minecraft (max CPU and GPU load without overclock) with the screen dim, no volume, no WiFi, no Bluetooth. If you are using WiFi it can steal the battery pretty quick.

I don't think I have any of those apps because they might wear the battery faster (if I do, I think there are only a few) although they might decrease loading times as well. Since the PS TV doesn't have a battery, I guess I could install at least some of them on it. I don't know how to download it to my phone nor where the file is located on the PS Vita in the first place.

I'm not sure if the battery is dying. I never had a PS Vita until recently. My Wi-Fi is turned on because I didn't even knew it could wear the battery that much but I need maximum brightness and some volume (the latter only when playing).

Also, does Adrenaline use PRO-C2? According to what I've searched, there's a more recent PSP CFW which is better than it and is called ARK-4 (the latest version is 10). What are the differences between these two PSP CFWs and is it possible to use ARK-4 on PS Vita and PS TV? I also have a PSP with CFW 6.61 PRO-C2 installed so should I remove it and install ARK-4?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I don't get what you said in the last paragraph. Before setting ux0 on SD2Vita on Settings, "Devices", "StorageDevices", I'd set uma0 on SD2Vita on Settings, "Devices", "StorageDevices", turn off and turn on the PS Vita, copy everything from ux0 to uma0 using VitaShell, set ux0 on SD2Vita on Settings, "Devices", "StorageDevices" and turn off and turn on the PS Vita? What would be that for, so that I wouldn't have to reinstall all things again?

Because they wouldn't be installed on a fresh MicroSD, you installed them to internal storage and only one device can be mounted to ux0.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, does Adrenaline use PRO-C2? According to what I've searched, there's a more recent PSP CFW which is better than it and is called ARK-4 (the latest version is 10). What are the differences between these two PSP CFWs and is it possible to use ARK-4 on PS Vita and PS TV? I also have a PSP with CFW 6.61 PRO-C2 installed so should I install ARK-4 on it?

I don't know much about PSP CFW anymore. I was into it during the days of DarkAlex and I stopped during M-33.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Because they wouldn't be installed on a fresh MicroSD, you installed them to internal storage and only one device can be mounted to ux0.

Well, but I wouldn't be able to install all the things I want on the internal storage so that wouldn't be useful for me, I guess (only if I just installed the apps and plugins, I think).

How can the plugin configuration be downloaded to my phone and where is it located on the PS Vita in the first place? I can download it to my PC if I find where it is but I'd like to know how to download it to my phone.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, but I wouldn't be able to install all things I want on the internal storage so that wouldn't be useful for me, I guess (only if I just installed the apps and plugin, I think).

I have no idea what this means.

Why, if you copy your internal storage to your SD2VITA, would you not be able to install what you want?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why, if you copy your internal storage to your SD2VITA, would you not be able to install what you want?
You copy all content from internal storage while internal storage is ux0 and your SD2VITA is uma0.

Then you mount SD2Vita as ux0.

You do this so that SD2Vita has your installed apps.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And, now that you are using YAMT - you can always mount anything or nothing from settings. You don't need apps to do that anymore. :) You won't need to format the Vita/PSTV again.

May apps, plugins, games, DLC, etc., keep being installed since problems shouldn't arise?

You copy all content from internal storage while internal storage is ux0 and your SD2VITA is uma0.

Then you mount SD2Vita as ux0.

You do this so that SD2Vita has your installed apps.

Sorry, I thought I had to copy all my data to the internal storage and so I wouldn't have enough storage.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I FTP my plugin configuration to my phone and where is it located? I can FTP it to my PC if I know where it is but I'd like to know how to FTP it to my phone.

I use an Android app called X-Plore and access my ftp location on my vita or PSTV.

The config is located in ur0:/tai/ it's called config.txt
5f7d8c02dd2c3b5c5f4323741f0f1aa1.jpg

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome. I don't see any difference in terms of booting speed but at least I no longer have to install and configure StorageMgr.

If I don't install iTLS Enso I'm not able to install the PSN but what's weird is that if I delete it I may still access it, only if I uninstall it.

Now I have to take care of the PS TV issues by removing StorageMgr and installing YAMT.

You keep adding this to your post... Is there some reason?

iTLS Enso adds the communication with PSN functions from 3.73 to your 3.60 Enso vita.

Edit: Lol, now you removed them. I thought there was a question that I was missing. :) Cheers

Last edited by Anderxale,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3