PS TV always asks to connect the controller to press the PS button after being turned on

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
R+YAMT is the YAMT that you already have installed.

What's the difference between the "R + YAMT" taiHEN configuration setting and the other taiHEN configuration settings and what does the "R" in "R + YAMT" stand for?

You start the vita without any USB Drive, without SD2Vita, without a Memory card. Then your Vita will boot with Instacart storage mounted as ux0.

What's Instacart?

No, don't install StorageMgr if you want to use YAMT.

That video only confuses users. I think it's better if I just start from scratch and format the PS TV (and the PS Vita) and the USB flash drive (and SD2Vita).

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I don't get is why the youtube video explained how to install StorageMgr weh YAMT is supposedly already installed.

What's the difference between that R+YAMT setting and the other settings and what does "R" mean in that context?

TheYAMT that comes installed with Vita deploy is the lite version and can't use USB as storage.

R+YAMT is the options you chose. It means "recommended settings + YAMT" but it installs the Lite YAMT - you need the full 4.0 YAMT so you need to go into the apps section of Vita deploy and download the app YAMT.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think I should start this process from the start? This is very confusing for me. Maybe I should start by reinstalling HENkaku. Is there a guide I can follow to install YAMT with all the steps required since installing HENkaku?

I think it's easiest to just...
Start the PSTV without any USB storage or sd2vita installed.
Disable Storagemgr.
Install the YAMT.vpk.
Start the YAMT bubble and choose uninstall, press X when it asks.
Start the YAMT bubble and choose install full version.
Set ux0 to USB and choose those 2 USB options I mentioned above.
Reboot.

I should have given you pictures, sorry.

Nobody is doing this because of how Vita deploy is preconfigured and people prefer use the USB for the controller. Also YAMT 4.0 isn't that old yet - people use old guides.

I'm thinking that I'll make a video switching to YAMT with USB as storage.

Last edited by Anderxale,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
TheYAMT that comes installed with Vita deploy is the lite version and can't use USB as storage.

R+YAMT is the options you chose. It means "recommended settings + YAMT" but it installs the Lite YAMT - you need the full 4.0 YAMT so you need to go into the apps section of Vita deploy and download the app YAMT.

It seems that even though R + YAMT's YAMT/VitaDeploy's YAMT lite version was installed, it still must be enabled by running Settings, clicking "Devices", clicking "Storage Devices" and checking "Use YAMT".

And what recommended settings are those?

I think it's easiest to just...
Start the PSTV without any USB storage or sd2vita installed.
Disable Storagemgr.
Install the YAMT.vpk.
Start the YAMT bubble and choose uninstall, press X when it asks.
Start the YAMT bubble and choose install full version.
Set ux0 to USB and choose those 2 USB options I mentioned above.
Reboot.

I should have given you pictures, sorry.

Nobody is doing this because of how Vita deploy is preconfigured and people prefer use the USB for the controller. Also YAMT 4.0 isn't that old yet - people use old guides.

I'm thinking that I'll make a video switching to YAMT with USB as storage.

Won't uninstalling StorageMgr's plugin via AutoPlugin II not remove it? I think it's better if I just manually remove it, then. What YAMT.vpk, VitaDeploy's YAMT on the App Downloader section?

You don't have to be sorry and you don't have to waste time making a video. I thank you for all your patience.

I find it odd that there are users saying to use USBMC when it's even older than StorageMgr and it seems it fixes at least one of these issues.

Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If so, which setting should I choose, R+YAMT?

What YAMT.vpk, VitaDeploy's YAMT on the App Downloader section?

You don't have to lose time making a video.

What's weird is that there are people saying to use Usbmc when it's even older than StorageMgr and apparently it fixes at least one of these issues.

I choose R+YAMT because I do the same thing on my Vitas and I'm familiar with it. I'm not sure what all is included in the R for recommended settings - part of it is surely setting tai plugins folder to ur0.

Yep, get YAMT from the App Downloader section in VitaDeploy.

USBMC works, but it has no configuration. When installed and activate, it replaces ux0 as memory card and has no option for SD2VITA later.

I make Vita videos. My Vita Hardware-Mod videos here. I usually don't do software Videos though. https://youtube.com/user/anderxale1

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I choose R+YAMT because I do the same thing on my Vitas and I'm familiar with it. I'm not sure what all is included in the R for recommended settings - part of it is surely setting tai plugins folder to ur0.

Yep, get YAMT from the App Downloader section in VitaDeploy.

USBMC works, but it has no configuration. When installed and activate, it replaces ux0 as memory card and has no option for SD2VITA later.

I make Vita videos. My Vita Hardware-Mod videos here. I usually don't do software Videos though. https://youtube.com/user/anderxale1

So, I should choose the "R + YAMT" taiHEN configuration setting.

I don't want to start from scratch because I have a lot of PS Vita and PSP games. Maybe it's better if I start with the "R + YAMT" taiHEN configuration setting and remove StorageMgr but how can the latter be done?

speaking of yamt, I just uninstalled the aurora wright version, and I installed the skgleba one on both pstv and vita. painless transfer. :D

What are those?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to start from scratch because I have a lot of PS Vita and PSP games. Maybe it's better if I start from the R+YAMT setting and remove StorageMgr. How can I remove it?

To remove StorageMgr completely, you can delete the StorageMgr.skprx plugin in the tai folder, delete the StorageMgr.skprx line in the config, and delete the storage_config file.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To remove StorageMgr completely, you can delete the StorageMgr.skprx plugin in the tai folder, delete the StorageMgr.skprx line in the config, and delete the storage_config file.

Thanks. I think I'll start from there.

The AuroraWright YAMT is an altered YAMT to be extra tiny. It is only for SD2VITA, internal storage, or memory card and is about being VERY fast and no options.

The SKGleba YAMT is the normal one - that user developed YAMT.

So, should SKGleba's YAMT be installed on the PS TV since I use an USB flash drive and should AuroraWright's YAMT be installed on the PS Vita since I use SD2VITA? Which options are those and are they important?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I think I'll start from there.

So, on my PS TV, I should install the SKGleba one since I use USB and on PS Vita, I should install the AuroraWright one? Which options are those and are they important?
You must use regular YAMT 4.0 which is the SKGleba YAMT.

You don't want the AuroraWright plugin, it doesn't work with USB. The options missing (all options) from the old AuroraWright plugin would make it impossible for you to use USB.

The SKGleba one is available for download in the VitaDeploy (app downloads area). Also available in EasyVPK (a homebrew store), also available here:
https://github.com/SKGleba/yamt-vita/releases/tag/v4.0

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You must use regular YAMT 4.0 which is the SKGleba YAMT.

You don't want the AuroraWright plugin, it doesn't work with USB. The options missing (all options) from the old AuroraWright plugin would make it impossible for you to use USB.

The SKGleba one is available for download in the VitaDeploy (app downloads area). Also available in EasyVPK (a homebrew store), also available here:
https://github.com/SKGleba/yamt-vita/releases/tag/v4.0

That's why I asked if I could install AuroraWright's YAMT on my PS Vita since I use SD2VITA on it.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on PS Vita, I should install the AuroraWright one? Which options are those and are they important?

For the Vita, you just use the already installed YAMT from the VitaDeploy installation for your Vita (the R+YAMT).

Do you already have SD2VITA installed on the Vita as ux0? Or is this a new installation? My advice would be different to set up a new MicroSD vs coming from SD2Vita already set up.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For the Vita, you just use the already installed YAMT from the VitaDeploy installation for your Vita (the R+YAMT).

Do you already have SD2VITA installed on the Vita as ux0? Or is this a new installation? My advice would be different to set up a new MicroSD vs coming from SD2Vita already set up.

Why should I install the "R + YAMT" taiHEN configuration on the PS Vita with SD2VITA (and not YAMT lite from its GitHub repository), then?

Yes, I do, but I also have the "R + YAMT" taiHEN configuration and StorageMgr installed just like on the PS TV. It's not a new installation. I guess the "R + YAMT" taiHEN configuration shouldn't be used and StorageMgr's plugin should be uninstalled on the PS Vita and the "HEN only" taiHEN configuration and YAMT full version should be used and installed on the PS TV. Should I do the latter on the PS Vita too or only keep it that way on the PS TV?

Gotcha. You can but you may already have a newer YAMT installed from R+YAMT.

Why is that? Is AuroraWright's YAMT older than R + YAMT's YAMT lite?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I asked if I could install that version (AuroraWright) on my PS Vita since I use SD2Vita on it.
Since you already have SD2VITA installed:

I suggest checking Settings > Devices if you have Storage Devices then all you need to do is.

1. Disable or remove StorageMgr.
2. Before restart go to Settings > Devices > Storage Devices: Add a checkmark to Use YAMT, and choose SD2VITA as your ux0.
3. Reboot.

If Storage Devices isn't in devices, then YAMT would need to be installed first. You can use the AuroraWright if you want but the regular YAMT is fine. When using the YAMT installer (YAMT bubble) you can choose the Lite version for your Vita - you can choose the full of you want but it's not useful unless you have a 3G vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Trying to get the Eeros 6 to switch over but apparently it's tied to the old ISP in some way...