Hacking PS Vita strange behaviour.

bananapi761

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My vita 1000 was working perfectly. I previously had henkaku enso on 3.60, then used the update365 to keep coldboot while updating to 3.65. Everything worked well for months, until I reset the database, followed by all my applications being removed. Enso still runs properly, the modified boot logo and henkaku settings show up fine, but I'm unsure if either the SD2VITA adapter died, or the plugins were unloaded, as all my apps were on it, including vitashell and molecularshell. I don't have an official memory card, so I'm stuck. running the henkaku exploit through the browser throws an error as I'm on a higher version, and mlthaku doesn't work at all. So everything has basically been reset except just henkaku enso, and without plugins. The cartridge access light also never blinks, and all the contents of the sd are still there on a pc. I'm unsure of what to do now, but I think my best bet it to at least access ur0, but how can I do that? or is there any other alternative?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's possible to access ur0 without the sd2vita. considering the 1000 series doesn't have internal storage, you may need to buy another sd2vita. it's likely that the plugin is still working, just not the sd2vita card. you can override the config.txt on ur0 with a config.txt on ux0 (in case something is wrong in ur0), but you won't be able to do that without some sort of memory card. are you sure you just rebuild the database, 'cause if you did a system restore, it will wipe the account as well. try deleting the id.dat on your memory card/sd card, then see if it picks it up.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's possible to access ur0 without the sd2vita. considering the 1000 series doesn't have internal storage, you may need to buy another sd2vita. it's likely that the plugin is still working, just not the sd2vita card. you can override the config.txt on ur0 with a config.txt on ux0 (in case something is wrong in ur0), but you won't be able to do that without some sort of memory card. are you sure you just rebuild the database, 'cause if you did a system restore, it will wipe the account as well. try deleting the id.dat on your memory card/sd card, then see if it picks it up.
That's kind of not correct. The phat Vita has internal storage, it's simply not made available to users like the Slim Vita's is. The 1000 series has a 2GB NAND partition for ur0, whereas the Slim Vita has 1GB that gets allocated to the memory card (if nothing is inserted), and the remaining 1GB is allocated to ur0.

@OP, you probably reset your tai config, in which case you probably need an official memory card to fix it.

bananapi761

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's kind of not correct. The phat Vita has internal storage, it's simply not made available to users like the Slim Vita's is. The 1000 series has a 2GB NAND partition for ur0, whereas the Slim Vita has 1GB that gets allocated to the memory card (if nothing is inserted), and the remaining 1GB is allocated to ur0.

@OP, you probably reset your tai config, in which case you probably need an official memory card to fix it.
ok, that's not the end of the world, but what would I do after that? I'm afraid of doing anything involving wiping/up/downgrading, as update365 had some precautions.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You won't need to wipe or downgrade or do anything.

Once you get the memory card, you simply put it in, then restore VitaShell using QCMA (there should be guides here, if you need them). Then all you need to do is edit your config.txt file so it mounts the SD2Vita as ux0, and then all your content should show back up after a reboot.

Reactions: bananapi761

bananapi761

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You won't need to wipe or downgrade or do anything.

Once you get the memory card, you simply put it in, then restore VitaShell using QCMA (there should be guides here, if you need them). Then all you need to do is edit your config.txt file so it mounts the SD2Vita as ux0, and then all your content should show back up after a reboot.
Good to know, thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Why so serious!