PS1/2 PS1 Disc Burning help

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can u play these iso backups on non modded ps2? i do own ff7 and ff8... my originals are too scratched to play and ff8 even when brand new and scratchless at the end of disk 1 or 2 where im climbing boxes in allie would freeze when cut scene started with the queen in the porcupine dress (lol)... i still love these classics and would like to play them again

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just use imgburn set burn speed to 8x dont do it at 1 and then let it burn, do these isos work for your friend? can u even verify ur psone still works?> all else fails pcsx 1.7 will play those games fine on the pc =] just emulate it instead

hyrule13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While we're on this subject I also need some help, I downloaded Street Fighter the movie game (well actually 3) and they're all .bin and .cue files, I can burn 1 on there with nero but I need to burn both on there and I don't know how, p.s. I'm using verbatim CD-RW

jinnpan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using Imgburn can you check the Media ID. If you are using CMC, then that's your problem. All CMC media is garbage.
Use media with the following ID:
MCC
Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.
Taiyo Yuden

loco365

Trophies
XP
While we're on this subject I also need some help, I downloaded Street Fighter the movie game (well actually 3) and they're all .bin and .cue files, I can burn 1 on there with nero but I need to burn both on there and I don't know how, p.s. I'm using verbatim CD-RW
One simply cannot burn 2 games to 1 disc.

hyrule13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then how does one burn the .bin/.cue format?

loco365

Trophies
XP
You select the .cue and the ISO burner will automatically combine the 2 to a disc readable format. It will know what to use.

hyrule13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You select the .cue and the ISO burner will automatically combine the 2 to a disc readable format. It will know what to use.
Well I tried with nero and it didn't do a thing so I'm going to try a different program unless you know how to do it in nero

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried with nero and it didn't do a thing so I'm going to try a different program unless you know how to do it in nero
IMGburn is a good CD burning too, one of the most popular ones out and certainly the best one I've used.

hyrule13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IMGburn is a good CD burning too, one of the most popular ones out and certainly the best one I've used.
I just tried that and I couldn't work out how to burn the combo of files onto a disc so they work in my ps1...

hyrule13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you take some screen shoots and post them. I want to see the process you are doing.
Well you could even add me on skype and I could screen share exactly what I'm doing if you want, but I've tried and a very techy friend tried and tried for hours on end and nothing worked

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be that your discs just suck, and you need a different brand. I haven't tried Verbatim CD-Rs on a PS1, so I don't know how they'd work for you; however, the pot on my dvd drive in my modified PS2 hated them. Ironically, the Sony CD-Rs seem to work fine for burnt backups, so give them a shot.

Just use Alcohol 120.. Burn the disc at 4x or 8x, use RAW DAO; keep in mind that some games use sub-channels, so if you're having choppy cut-scenes/audio, check "Rectify Sub-Channel Data." Also, instead of asking on a forum, why not just use Google..? If you're trying to burn a game that's bin/cue, select the .cue file in Alcohol 120. By the way, leave "Enable Buffer Underrun Technology" checked instead of disabling it just because you didn't see it written above. By the way, Alcohol 120 has a "Play Station" option for burning backups, but it pretty much just sets it to RAW DAO.

If you're still having issues after this, stop using discs that were meant for storing freaking pictures and buy a brand like Verbatim or Sony for your backups, sheesh.
And alcohol 120% won't find the .bin and the .cue so I'm stumped as to what to do

..Are you freaking serious? What do you mean Alcohol 120 won't find them, lol? Just go to "Image Burning Wizard" and manually select the .cue file, stop being lazy; the above portion of text applies to you as well. You're not going to be able to fit multiple titles on a CD, so that was silly of you to ask in the first place. Instead of using CD-RW, just get regular CD-Rs; I wouldn't be surprised if your PS1 refused to read the games from the CD-RWs.

Note: If your PS1/PS2 isn't modified, then why the hell are you trying to boot backups in the first place? Also, your "techy" friend obviously isn't that technologically oriented if they tried for hours and still failed to figure this out.. If you're still having issues after reading this post, maybe you should just give up and never touch the console again (If it comes to that scenario, sell the console to someone who knows what they're doing.)

hyrule13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It could be that your discs just suck, and you need a different brand. I haven't tried Verbatim CD-Rs on a PS1, so I don't know how they'd work for you; however, the pot on my dvd drive in my modified PS2 hated them. Ironically, the Sony CD-Rs seem to work fine for burnt backups, so give them a shot.

Just use Alcohol 120.. Burn the disc at 4x or 8x, use RAW DAO; keep in mind that some games use sub-channels, so if you're having choppy cut-scenes/audio, check "Rectify Sub-Channel Data." Also, instead of asking on a forum, why not just use Google..? If you're trying to burn a game that's bin/cue, select the .cue file in Alcohol 120. By the way, leave "Enable Buffer Underrun Technology" checked instead of disabling it just because you didn't see it written above. By the way, Alcohol 120 has a "Play Station" option for burning backups, but it pretty much just sets it to RAW DAO.

If you're still having issues after this, stop using discs that were meant for storing freaking pictures and buy a brand like Verbatim or Sony for your backups, sheesh.
And alcohol 120% won't find the .bin and the .cue so I'm stumped as to what to do

..Are you freaking serious? What do you mean Alcohol 120 won't find them, lol? Just go to "Image Burning Wizard" and manually select the .cue file, stop being lazy; the above portion of text applies to you as well. You're not going to be able to fit multiple titles on a CD, so that was silly of you to ask in the first place. Instead of using CD-RW, just get regular CD-Rs; I wouldn't be surprised if your PS1 refused to read the games from the CD-RWs.

Note: If your PS1/PS2 isn't modified, then why the hell are you trying to boot backups in the first place? Also, your "techy" friend obviously isn't that technologically oriented if they tried for hours and still failed to figure this out.. If you're still having issues after reading this post, maybe you should just give up and never touch the console again (If it comes to that scenario, sell the console to someone who knows what they're doing.)
Well it might be the cd-rw that's causing the problem and my friend did suggest that might be the problem, yes of course I am using a modded console, I'm not a complete and total dumbass and you need to put the .bin and .cue file on the same disc for it to work at all and no matter what I try it won't put both on at once. The only way your post did anything except for completely insult me is cement my suspicion I needed regular cd-r discs for it to work

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well it might be the cd-rw that's causing the problem and my friend did suggest that might be the problem, yes of course I am using a modded console, I'm not a complete and total dumbass and you need to put the .bin and .cue file on the same disc for it to work at all and no matter what I try it won't put both on at once. The only way your post did anything except for completely insult me is cement my suspicion I needed regular cd-r discs for it to work

Pretty sure the portion in bold speaks for itself.. Select the damn .cue file in Alcohol 120 ffs; cue files contain the information for the disc, and the .bin files contain the actual game data and what not... Just make sure the .cue and the .bin are in the same file directory when you select the .cue.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, C-Kronos?

Just a little aggressive motivation, lol. I'm a bit of an obnoxious jackass at times, sorry if anyone's offended. I was in a pretty large amount of pain at the time I wrote my last reply to this topic due to a pretty severe shoulder injury; even so, it doesn't excuse my actions. Heck, the only reason I have such a low post count is because if I replied to everything I'd want to, I'd be banned by now.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...