Ichisuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone. Hope someone can help me.
I have an unmodded PAL SCPH 7502 that basically works just fine when I turn it on. Point is that after some use (like half an hour) if I turn it off and then back on, the console won't turn on... Black screen, no video or audio signal.
I have to wait a couple of minutes and then the console will boot normally. The power supply is not at fault here, since I've tested 2 other PSU and the same issue persist.
Is this behavior related to a capacitor on the motherboard? Always thought that capacitors have issue while cold and not while warm. Anyway I tried to check all of the capacitors and visually they seem perfect, but I don't know which one could be related to powering on or the booting process... I'm not able to recap the motherboard myself but I wanted to understand if there is a way to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
Also I can't imagine a weak/broken solder joint since the console works fine both when cold and warm, I suppose that if this would be the case the console would hang or turn off while using it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?