Hacking PS3 CECHH01 on Rebug 4.80.1: Where do I go from here?

Katanira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started with OFW 3.55
Installed CFW Rebug REX 4.80.1 using the USB0/PS3/UPDATE/(updatefile).pup on a flash drive

I have mmCM installed for 4.80
I have Rebug Toolbox installed for 4.80

System Mode: Normal
Debug Menu Type: CEX QA
Toggle COBRA Mode: Enabled
Toggle PS2 Emulator: COBRA
Toggle webMAN: Enabled
Toggle QA Flag: Enabled

I jumped from the PS2 into the PS3 modding scene and discovered that it's much more involved and complex than the PS2 (which was, of course, expected), but there aren't really any noob friendly tutorials to speak of (that I could find, anyway,/that aren't 4-5 years old and outdated). With this in mind, I'm speaking from a point of knowing next to nothing about PS3 modding.

Where do I go from here/what tutorials are there that are updated and more noob friendly?

I want to be able to:
1. Boot PS3 ISO's from either the internal HDD or an external HDD (I know ISO splitting needs to be done for many larger games with psnstuff)

2. Figure out what RAP files are, how they are linked with PKG files, and how I can install both on Rebug 4.80.1 (is there even an updated program that works on 4.80.1 to do this?)

2. After finding clean tutorials on how to set this up, I plan to install a 1TB HDD with Rebug 4.80.1 (instead of the 40GB HDD that I started with)

3. I want to be able to play PS2/PS1 ISO's from either an external or internal HDD, if possible (or network, but I'm not really too concerned about that if I can install the 1TB HDD).

4. I know there is a MultiMan tutorial out there, but it is unfinished and outdated (it's used for MM 2.0). Are there any updated MM tutorials out there?

5. What are some need-to-have homebrew applications for Rebug 4.80.1 (that actually work on 4.80.1)?

6. If any more information is needed, let me know.

Last edited by Katanira,

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well. About emulators you will have to searcb and try. They are outdated as well. Is like if the ps3 lose his focus alog the way. Emulators work but you need to find versions compatible with new cfws.

PattyFatty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Boot PS3 ISO's from either the internal HDD or an external HDD (I know ISO splitting needs to be done for many larger games with psnstuff)
You don't need to spit ISOs in multiMAN. You do however need to split them if you are using a FAT32 external drive.
I would not use the ISOs at all if you can avoid it. The reason being is that you can't rename the game title to remove (TM) or (R) and such.
Neither can you change settings for the multiMAN database for that game with ISO format.

You need ISO format however to boot off of a network server with PS3 games.
Use FileZilla Client to transfer the files to the internal or copy them to an NTFS drive.

If you absolutely need to split some files (like when some NTFS drives dont work)
Use PS3 Splitter which you can grab here:
https://mega.nz/#!10wyFAoC!7Bly5ckF_IK_c4jdLf-LWbEfHtGPnZq2n5ZNrjExY5Y

Just get the folders extracted and put them like so:
Code:
/dev_hdd0/GAMES/Diablo III Reaper of Souls-[BLUS31437]
/dev_hdd0/GAMES/Jak and Daxter Collection-[BCUS98281]
And so on.
Inside each folder is just a bunch of game files (which I don't feel like explaining. There's lots to cover.)

2. Figure out what RAP files are, how they are linked with PKG files, and how I can install both on Rebug 4.80.1 (is there even an updated program that works on 4.80.1 to do this?)

What are RAP files?
RAP files are used to generate RIF files.
RIFs are in turn used to activate PSN content.

How do I get RAP files?
To get your PKGs and their respective RAPs grab PSNStuffX from here:
https://mega.nz/#!thJB1ZQB!2v0BO-UuynXYVLsIxQdgvNrA1y-Pqfi8CmQuRvtugCM

How do I use RAP files?
1)
Copy the RAP files to a usb drive and plug it in
RAP files need to be in a folder called exdata. The structure looks like this:
F:\exdata\EP0700-BLES01250_00-DLCSC5ANCIENT001.rap
(remove any hubs between the PS3 and usb because it needs to be dev_usb000)

2) Install your PKGs
Some packages need to be converted using deank's "install package files" pkg.
If it freezes on the message "Please wait..." then you need to do this.
Doing that makes them show up in the PSN Content section of the package manager.

3) Boot up PSNPatch from here:
http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=244

4) Use the L1 button in PSNPatch to install the RAPs, then press START and then O to quit.

Now you can launcher your installed game!

Some content in PSNStuff is labelled C00, usually trial or demo games that include the full version but locked. You can unlock the full version for these by using PSN Patch.

Use the R1 button in PSNPatch to C00 content.

3a. I want to be able to play PS2/PS1 ISO's from either an external or internal HDD
Use BIN/CUE files for PSOne titles in multiMAN.
Use ISO files for PS2 titles.

Put your PS2 files in their respective folders like this:
Code:
dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SLUS-20733] Castlevania Lament of Innocence/Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.iso

Put your PSX files in these folders like so:
Code:
/dev_hdd0/PSXISO/[SLUS-00726] Brave Fencer Musashi/Brave Fencer Musashi.cue
/dev_hdd0/PSXISO/[SLUS-00726] Brave Fencer Musashi/Brave Fencer Musashi.bin

This is something that a lot of guides have not shared.
The reason you want to do this is for covers to be loaded automatically if you install a covers pack.

3b. I want to be able to play PS2/PS1 ISO's from a network
Your PS3 and PC both need to be cabled for bandwidth reasons
You will need a copy of Aldostools and PS3 Net Server which I uploaded here:
https://mega.nz/#!w5QExAgI!7IVvtOaUvUCqr6-lJPmJzQ5wrS-ViV874-GQexs5piw

PC Side:
I used D:\PS3 for the games the structure should look like this:
Inside of D:\PS3 I made some more folders. It should look like this:
973ad216bd26480baa4054260d259396.jpeg

Inside of each folder use them normally as you would the internal PS3 HDD structure.

Launch "PS3_NET_Server.exe" and click the three dots "..." and browse to said folder on your computer.
Then click "START >" in the PS3 NET Server to start it up.
If you have access error messages click the White List line at the bottom to add your PS3 to always allowed list.
0aa2e02be97042cd89a4f738f6440600.jpeg

You can also play PS3 games this way but they need to be rebuilt as an ISO.
To do that you would need PS3 ISO Rebuilder.

multiMAN Side:
Go to Settings > Network Servers > Fill in the info "You only really need to change the IP to your computer's.

4. I know there is a MultiMan tutorial out there, but it is unfinished and outdated (it's used for MM 2.0). Are there any updated MM tutorials out there?
I haven't seen any actually. Everything I know is pretty much just from experimentation.

5. What are some need-to-have homebrew applications for Rebug 4.80.1 (that actually work on 4.80.1)?
PSNinjaV4:
It lets you erase your homebrew history, and make it read only. If you ever log onto the PSN store or use Netflix etc, you should use this! According to what I've read tho its not perfect. I've never been banned tho. My friend didn't use it and he is banned, and he only logged in for Netflix.

Last edited by PattyFatty,
Reactions: Katanira

PattyFatty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uploaded a PDF copy of this guide you can refer back to if you ever need it.

Attachments

• Rebug 4.80.1 - Where do I go from here - GBAtemp.pdf
    215.2 KB · Views: 868
Reactions: Katanira

Katanira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uploaded a PDF copy of this guide you can refer back to if you ever need it.
I was able to figure out how to boot the PSX, PS2, and PS3 games from the internal drive after some searching on my own, but this is extremely helpful for everything else! Thank you!

PattyFatty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3