Hacking PS3 HAN Issues

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, this HAN stuff is making my head spin. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong. I installed HAN, enabled it, enabled debug packages, then on my PC, converted a PSP iso to a PS3 pkg. I sign it with my IDPS.bin and the ACT thing using the PS3xploit Resigner, and when I go to install it, it doesn't even try to install. I just get 80029563, which I believe is a license error from what I've read on google.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a problem with the order I'm doing this in? Are PSP games just fucky?

D

Deleted User

Alright, this HAN stuff is making my head spin. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong. I installed HAN, enabled it, enabled debug packages, then on my PC, converted a PSP iso to a PS3 pkg. I sign it with my IDPS.bin and the ACT thing using the PS3xploit Resigner, and when I go to install it, it doesn't even try to install. I just get 80029563, which I believe is a license error from what I've read on google.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a problem with the order I'm doing this in? Are PSP games just fucky?
You are supposed to use the han enable mode for games,not debug packages.

You are also supposed to inject a moddified act.dat atleast once.

Make sure you are using two dummy accounts aswell since the exploit only works on secondary or third user accounts.I recommended using 10minutemail.com.

If you are still having problems check out my guide
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...000-ss-using-the-new-ps3xploit-v3-han.498865/

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Joxley192
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused by your guide. How am I supposed to dump my ACT/IDPS? I go to the thing, and it either doesn't initialize, or it does after some tries, but no matter what I do, it doesn't dump. When I use HAN Toolbox, it still doesn't dump. I've tried it both with and without HAN activated. Is there an easier way to do this?

D

Deleted User

I'm confused by your guide. How am I supposed to dump my ACT/IDPS? I go to the thing, and it either doesn't initialize, or it does after some tries, but no matter what I do, it doesn't dump. When I use HAN Toolbox, it still doesn't dump. I've tried it both with and without HAN activated. Is there an easier way to do this?
While on the dumping page,press triangle,go to tools and you should see somthing that says homepage.Press use current page,then ok.Back out of the webbrowser then go back into it and you should have a better success rate initializing the page.

Also make sure your usb is in the correct slot

Usb000=right slot

Usb001=left slot

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While on the dumping page,press triangle,go to tools and you should see somthing that says homepage.Press use current page,then ok.Back out of the webbrowser then go back into it and you should have a better success rate initializing the page.

Also make sure your usb is in the correct slot

Usb000=right slot

Usb001=left slot
I keep doing that. I've gotten it to say dumping successful, and the LED on my flash drive lights, which tells me it's having *something* written to it. Then, it just doesn't write anything at all. I've even tried formatting it. I've gotten it to dump before, however I'm trying to redump again given that none of the signing tools have worked with my ACT/IDPS stuff so I'm assuming it's a bad dump.

D

Deleted User

I keep doing that. I've gotten it to say dumping successful, and the LED on my flash drive lights, which tells me it's having *something* written to it. Then, it just doesn't write anything at all. I've even tried formatting it. I've gotten it to dump before, however I'm trying to redump again given that none of the signing tools have worked with my ACT/IDPS stuff so I'm assuming it's a bad dump.
So you dont have a idps and act.dat file apear on your pc after the dump was successful.Somthing must be wrong with your flash drive then.Is it formated to fat32?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you dont have a idps and act.dat file apear on your pc after the dump was successful.Somthing must be wrong with your flash drive then.
Any ways I can diagnose the problem? I'm able to read and write from it just fine, however when I try to delete files from it, everything deletes and reads just fine, but they show up as 0 kb in the dialog box. Nowhere else, just the dialog box.

upload_2018-4-11_18-42-55.png

Something wrong with the file allocation table?

D

Deleted User

Any ways I can diagnose the problem? I'm able to read and write from it just fine, however when I try to delete files from it, everything deletes and reads just fine, but they show up as 0 kb in the dialog box. Nowhere else, just the dialog box.

View attachment 120306

Something wrong with the file allocation table?
Right click the flashdrive icon on your pc then go to format.Does it say fat32?

D

Deleted User

I've done that. I've formatted it as Fat32 twice already, and it's still Fat32. I know it's fat32, too, because the PS3 is able to read from it, and recognize it, as well as write to it. It just isn't writing my Act or IDPS.
I have no idea then.Do you still have your act.dat and idps backed up from before?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea then.Do you still have your act.dat and idps backed up from before?
Yeah, but it's from the same account I enabled HAN with. Is that still going to work? The guides I read, including yours, mention using a secondary account. Is it mandatory that I use a different account from that I enabled HAN with?

D

Deleted User

Yeah, but it's from the same account I enabled HAN with. Is that still going to work? The guides I read, including yours, mention using a secondary account. Is it mandatory that I use a different account from that I enabled HAN with?
Yes.You need a second account since a error will pop up no matter what even if you inject the licenes correctly.

EddieEddie90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You are supposed to use the han enable mode for games,not debug packages.

You are also supposed to inject a moddified act.dat atleast once.

Make sure you are using two dummy accounts aswell since the exploit only works on secondary or third user accounts.I recommended using 10minutemail.com.

If you are still having problems check out my guide
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...000-ss-using-the-new-ps3xploit-v3-han.498865/

- Never did the act.dat inject thing and games work perfectly fine. (I believe I didn't do it when I installed HAN and a bunch of Psx, Ps2 and Ps3 games along the process)

- Also the exploit works fine on the first user account. I know this because I decided to never use my main account on the ps3 because I feared to get ban, so there was no point in making a secondary user account.

Last edited by EddieEddie90,
D

Deleted User

- Never did the act.dat inject thing and games work perfectly fine. (I believe I didn't do it when I installed HAN and a bunch of Psx, Ps2 and Ps3 games along the process)

- Also the exploit works fine on the first user account. I know this because I decided to never use my main account on the ps3 because I feared to get ban, so there was no point in making a secondary user account.
I guess some people get errors and some dont.It didnt work for me till i did both of those things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: No. but I hear they might get a Lego set :rofl2::tpi: