Hacking PS3 Jailbreak scene is confirmed dead for future

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I'd be upset if someone stole my username for a device like this is that when I go to register it at new boards the username would be taken. I like my short 5 letter username.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
George Dawes said:
That is the whole point - he doesn't want "credit" (and by credit we mean the wholesale theft of his name which is added to a product that he has nothing to do with).

Your analogy is atrocious. Like comparing apples with oranges (or in your case, comparing apples with elephants).

he leaves the scene because some wankers use his name for a product (which was copied before 10 times from the original stick), u call this mature or even unfeminine?
closedeyes.gif

Well, I have a different definition about honor and responsibility, thats ok, everyone is different!
wub.gif

p.s: I don't even care, as I don't own a ps3
grog.gif

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
George Dawes said:
Unfeminine? Give your head a wobble.

Mature is standing by your principles. He is doing that by taking a step back. You are bitching like a kid on the net. I'd say you are immature, he has done the sensible thing.

Unfeminine! LOL!

yea, its gay, to run a way to mummy and giving up a project,because of a rip off! so what would be a better word than "unfeminine" instead of manlike/mature! I mean I suppose he is a man and that means he has somekind of honer..or at least he should have! *lol

BUT I SUPPOSE SOMETHING ELSE IS GOING ON HERE:

Hermes
wub.gif
George Dawes

yea, NOW Im immature..but I love to be with funny guys like you =)

ok guys, I aaaam Outtaaaaaaaaaa Here

P.S. Im waiting your friend request via a PM JD!
wub.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad that someone has told my the PS3 scene is dead because I would have never known because I've been too busy playing four years worth of games on my dead jail broken ps3.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^^^ Depends on how you look at it. While without doubt it will be blocked, there's still a huge catalogue of games which aren't blocked.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
^^^ Depends on how you look at it. While without doubt it will be blocked, there's still a huge catalogue of games which aren't blocked.
Wikipedia lists 649 games, and notes that the list may never actually be up to date.

So yes, definitely a huge amount.

Ashler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
There is a lot of miss-information in this thread. The PS3 Jailbreak scene is far from dead and its expected that all new firmware update mandatory games get bypassed pretty quickly. I'm not even going to touch on the CFW topic.

All i can say is that people need to read and search more before posting these kind of threads...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ashler said:
There is a lot of miss-information in this thread. The PS3 Jailbreak scene is far from dead and its expected that all new firmware update mandatory games get bypassed pretty quickly. I'm not even going to touch on the CFW topic.

All i can say is that people need to read and search more before posting these kind of threads...

I'm not sure if it's really mis-information. I think Sony has been far more aggressive in dealing with this, than most other companies have been. You can bet that future games will not be so easily by-passed as MOH has recently. There will probably be a 3.6 SDK that comes out which contains a total compatibility break with 3.41. The 3.5 SDK was merely a speed bump put in before they can roll out something more substantial. I'm not sure why you think it will be 'expected' firmware updates will get bypassed. It's fairly trivial for Sony to pump out firmware updates that block any exploits, and to ensure games are compiled with specific SDKs that address them. This ability means that hackers will inevitably be at a disadvantage.

I'm not sure why you refer to CFW. We certainly aren't anywhere near the PSP's ability to run CFW. Most have been hacks to existing XML files. Conceptually it's there, but the technical details of the firmware haven't been teased apart yet to really get CFW working on a usable level. I'm not saying we won't get there, but it certainly seems like it will be a significant amount of time before we do.

Ashler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
doyama said:
Ashler said:

I'm not sure if it's really mis-information. I think Sony has been far more aggressive in dealing with this, than most other companies have been. You can bet that future games will not be so easily by-passed as MOH has recently. There will probably be a 3.6 SDK that comes out which contains a total compatibility break with 3.41. The 3.5 SDK was merely a speed bump put in before they can roll out something more substantial. I'm not sure why you think it will be 'expected' firmware updates will get bypassed. It's fairly trivial for Sony to pump out firmware updates that block any exploits, and to ensure games are compiled with specific SDKs that address them. This ability means that hackers will inevitably be at a disadvantage.

I'm not sure why you refer to CFW. We certainly aren't anywhere near the PSP's ability to run CFW. Most have been hacks to existing XML files. Conceptually it's there, but the technical details of the firmware haven't been teased apart yet to really get CFW working on a usable level. I'm not saying we won't get there, but it certainly seems like it will be a significant amount of time before we do.

Although I do not agree on some points you make, just comparing your post against the OT phrase "PS3 Jailbreak scene is confirmed dead for future" confirms my point.
smile.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's expected that new games will be working because it's what's currently happening on the PSP (though methods can be a bit in-depth at the start).

As for CFW, we have control over level 2 (the GameOS), so we can get the needed information... we just need somebody with enough balls to try it, as there's no pandora-type recovery if something messes up (and while there is the recovery mode, AFAIK that's part of the firmware as it came with a firmware update).

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Rydian said:
It's expected that new games will be working because it's what's currently happening on the PSP (though methods can be a bit in-depth at the start).

As for CFW, we have control over level 2 (the GameOS), so we can get the needed information... we just need somebody with enough balls to try it, as there's no pandora-type recovery if something messes up (and while there is the recovery mode, AFAIK that's part of the firmware as it came with a firmware update).

Remember the Undiluted Platinum modchip for the PSP?

Something similar may be possible on the PS3!

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:

The lack of a pandora style recovery method is the real problem here. CFW is going to require a lot of experimentation and inevitable bricks. Without an easy recovery method, the progress you can make on the CFW is fairly limited. The only thing I've seen that's promising was the news that it might be possible to boot CFW from an external device without impacting the internal one. Though I've not heard much about that for a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: