PS3/PSP private keys released.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
shinkukage09 said:
So...does this mean we can run homebrew easily off of the PSPgo? If so...it almost appeals to me more then the 1000...

I assume that the PSP Go uses the same private key as the other PSPs, so in theory, yes. In practice it may be a different story. Only time will tell what comes of this revelation.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
shinkukage09 said:
So...does this mean we can run homebrew easily off of the PSPgo? If so...it almost appeals to me more then the 1000...

I assume that the PSP Go uses the same private key as the other PSPs, so in theory, yes. In practice it may be a different story. Only time will tell what comes of this revelation.

Honestly I don't see why they wouldn't if the PSP and PS3 interchange...but still. Before I go and think about getting one, I really want to know XD Who needs CFW when you can just run them directly from OFW XD

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
not that I questioning the credibility of these discoveries, but does anyone working on this just to know if the keys are working as they should? would we get videos anytime soon?

I feel bad for Sony but meh. lol I guess its goodbye for custom firmwares.

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAMN...all i can say is RAPESAUCE all over sony thats just bad the ps3 is as open as a vegas hooker that thing is screwed all they can do now is release a new system cuz its over no ones gonna want to make new games if they know there gonna be pirated so easy, the next gen push for sony might just be this hopefully they'll learn from there mistakes but me although i feel bad for them ill be abusing the shit out of this lol

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
shinkukage09 said:
TwinRetro said:
shinkukage09 said:

Honestly I don't see why they wouldn't if the PSP and PS3 interchange...but still. Before I go and think about getting one, I really want to know XD Who needs CFW when you can just run them directly from OFW XD

The first thing I can think of off the top of my head is more features and freedom in a CFW, such as playing more audio/video formats, overclocking the CPU, The ability to completely change the layout of the XMB via custom themes (ala .ctf themes for PSP) , and running other executable formats.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
DeadlyAnGeL91792 said:
DAMN...all i can say is RAPESAUCE all over sony thats just bad the ps3 is as open as a vegas hooker that thing is screwed all they can do now is release a new system cuz its over no ones gonna want to make new games if they know there gonna be pirated so easy, the next gen push for sony might just be this hopefully they'll learn from there mistakes but me although i feel bad for them ill be abusing the shit out of this lol

Yeah, because no one makes games for the Wii or 360 for the same reason...oh wait...

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
shinkukage09 said:
TwinRetro said:
shinkukage09 said:

The first thing I can think of off the top of my head is more features and freedom in a CFW, such as playing more audio/video formats, overclocking the CPU, The ability to completely change the layout of the XMB via custom themes (ala .ctf themes for PSP) , and running other executable formats.

Ehhh....okay, I got nothing, I take it back XD Still. It's possible to install firmware from a normal file, so...yeah. If it is, I may get the PSPgo just because it looks better XD

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i know this is maybe to early to ask but how would this work in the beginning? put code on a USB stick or CD/DVD and run it on the PS3?

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
hova1 said:
i know this is maybe to early to ask but how would this work in the beginning? put code on a USB stick or CD/DVD and run it on the PS3?

Most likely

-Use program to inject said homebrew or game file with private key
-For PS3, slap it onto the HDD, or with the PS3 onto the memory stick
-???
-Profit!!!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
hova1 said:
i know this is maybe to early to ask but how would this work in the beginning? put code on a USB stick or CD/DVD and run it on the PS3?The same way you install and run homebrew now, only you don't have to jailbreak the PS3 first, it'll work on any PS3.

QUOTE(Rockstar @ Jan 3 2011, 02:44 AM) But what does this have over me using a PSP 3000 with CFW?My CFW supports plug-ins I dont think this will.

Feel free to correct me
Sony's official software actually does use PRX plugins, so I'll assume any plugin somebody signs will work, though the problem is managing them and such, so I think that will be left to custom firmware (which will be a piece of cake to install now once it's created).

People, this solves the problem of getting code to run, but it doesn't mean we can instantly take full advantage of a system. People have to find, through trial and error, how to use certain pieces of hardware, and how to write to flash safely on new models, and they need to disassemble current firmware in order to find how to modify it and such, and that will take some more time (though now it's open to pretty much everybody).

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
And just for the record, I do respect Geohot and the work he does, but when people fail to realize that most of his work is just piggybacks off of exploits other people found, it really rustles my jimmies.

So, I thank you Rydian for giving credit where credit is due.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to mention, if Rydian didn't make it clear enough.

This signature allows unofficial developers to create applications that will run natively on the PS3/PSP.

What it does not do:
ISO/USB/game loader; these are applications written by people.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
imgod22222 said:
Wanted to mention, if Rydian didn't make it clear enough.

This signature allows unofficial developers to create applications that will run natively on the PS3/PSP.

What it does not do:
ISO/USB/game loader; these are applications written by people.
So people can create applications and run them, but applications written by people can't be run.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
well written foxman... does geohot having nothing to do expect hack? (he's working for google i think, right?)

the psp thing was a surprise but its gonna be interesting what can be done to the pspgo... the iso loaders for the ps3 is just a few months away afaik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: See I'm a good match maker I always knew he wouldnt leave over luke +1