Hardware PS3 Slim 2100 Core Temps (Sorry!)

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I hope you've had a good Easter.

Sorry to ask! I know this question has been asked many MANY times.

I did a case swap on my original PS3 Slim 2100 model. The original case was drilled with a hole over the fan. Core temps were 56/60. The new case is stock as you buy them. - I did a thermal paste replacement and noticed originally I did the dot method on my CELL and fully covered my RSX. This time I did the dot method on both. I used Artic MX-4, and here are my core temps:
https://imgur.com/at5XPYh

I think these are high but would like some clarification if they actually are higher than expected and if so, which paste / recommended method is best for PS3 Slims. It's been years since I've touched PS3's so any advice would be much appreciated.

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I also noticed today, when playing Super Stardust HD. During the loading screen before you get it the menu, centre to the left on the screen. In the black space. I notice I get a glitch of pixels come up on screen and disappear very fast. I have closed and reopened the app many times but I get the same result. Wondering if my rsx is slowly on its way out of if everyone else gets the same problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1