ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OFW: 4.83
Model: CECH 3001A

I had this laying on a shelf for 4+ years. I'm not sure if my kids used it during that time or not. the OFW is 4.83 and no clue if I have any options to hack/mod the unit. I don't really use PSN, no worries about ban. If I do have options, can I get a boot in the right direction?

Thanks,
ISO-Man

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, you can skip OFW. Just install HFW. HFW is just OFW with the exploit still in it.
Agreed, I watched video. HEN looks to be same feel as the PSP . I loved the PSP, so I'm sure I'll like this too.

I have keyboard on PS3 right now, guess I need to find a controller, lol.

Thanks,
ISO-Man

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controller arrives today.. before I get started, what is the max size drive internally for PS3? max size external?

Sorry, my 1st PS3 .. any other tips/tricks would be welcomed.

Thanks,
ISO-Man

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.5tb internal - 2tb with with 1.7x trick works I believe
2TB usb for fat 32 - Not sure for NTFS
For now, I used a 500GB SSD I have no current use for. I pulled old drive out (has my older son stuff and login on it). I clean install with system update to the new drive. Before I HEN it, will the old drive swapped back in later show any sign of the HEN or will the system itself? I know he has bought titles on PSN I don't want to mess with his account getting a ban. Is there a file system explorer for the PS3 that I can take content from old drive and dump on new?

Thanks,
ISO-Man

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For now, I used a 500GB SSD I have no current use for. I pulled old drive out (has my older son stuff and login on it). I clean install with system update to the new drive. Before I HEN it, will the old drive swapped back in later show any sign of the HEN or will the system itself? I know he has bought titles on PSN I don't want to mess with his account getting a ban. Is there a file system explorer for the PS3 that I can take content from old drive and dump on new?

Thanks,
ISO-Man
I believe they are formatted at time of install, not sure if that matters.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A 500gb ssd is a great choice it will keep it cool ps3 is already hot enough. If you put the old hard drive back in nothing will be changed I think you have to be on the same firmware version tough as the ps3 know what latest version you<re on. Hen is not permanent anyways if you don't activate it's OFW so you can use psn without any risk of getting banned.
And if you want to transfer your stuff I say you should use the official Sony way with an external hard drive. But if you want a file manager there is multiple options i recommend this one with NTFS drive.

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 500gb ssd is a great choice it will keep it cool ps3 is already hot enough. If you put the old hard drive back in nothing will be changed I think you have to be on the same firmware version tough as the ps3 know what latest version you<re on. Hen is not permanent anyways if you don't activate it's OFW so you can use psn without any risk of getting banned.
And if you want to transfer your stuff I say you should use the official Sony way with an external hard drive. But if you want a file manager there is multiple options i recommend this one with NTFS drive.
i can hook up old drive external and copy games to new drive? I'm so use to using pc for file management on all the consoles.

Thanks,
ISO-Man

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i can hook up old drive external and copy games to new drive? I'm so use to using pc for file management on all the consoles.

Thanks,
ISO-Man
No I am sorry you have to use a 3rd drive as external. Put back the old one in an make a backup then swap and restore. I you use the automated way it will also erase the content of the new drive.

Reactions: ISO-Man

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I am sorry you have to use a 3rd drive as external. Put back the old one in an make a backup then swap and restore. I you use the automated way it will also erase the content of the new drive.
I can kick your ass right now, sort of kidding lol.. I spent hours trying to figure out why the old drive in USB kept making the PS3 from booting and then when I tried hooking it up after boot drive was not showing... I was digging deep in my junk tote digging out every sata2usb I had.

Thanks,
ISO-Man

Ok, i just went ahead and HEN old drive.. everything is in game folder.. how do I get multiman to use the games in there? This is the part that i'm confused about.

Last edited by ISO-Man,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY