spamfists

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That sucks.

The good news is that PS3 consoles are pretty cheap now. If you buy one, buy a CFW-compatible model so you make the most of it.
I pick one up tomorrow, I live out in the sticks so not many to choose from, its a Slim CECH-2503B I believe 320 GB, Im not too fussed on modding, I dont play it much, its more for my wee boy to play minecraft on so I just need something that works. Apparently the seller has redone the thermal paste on this new one and the wifi and bluetooth all work , would it be prudent to update it while I know everything works?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pick one up tomorrow, I live out in the sticks so not many to choose from, its a Slim CECH-2503B I believe 320 GB, Im not too fussed on modding, I dont play it much, its more for my wee boy to play minecraft on so I just need something that works. Apparently the seller has redone the thermal paste on this new one and the wifi and bluetooth all work , would it be prudent to update it while I know everything works?
Yeah, updating will be fine.

But even without updating you should be able to see everything's working as it should.

spamfists

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, updating will be fine.

But even without updating you should be able to see everything's working as it should.

I took the old one apart last night, no visual damage that I could see, no dust in it really, thermal paste was very wet, I wasnt expecting it to be, it seemed to be getting very hot around the power supply when it was running but it seems the hot air exhausts through the power supply. Its not really worth fixing but I can always keep hold of it to use as spare parts if I need any.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took the old one apart last night, no visual damage that I could see, no dust in it really, thermal paste was very wet, I wasnt expecting it to be, it seemed to be getting very hot around the power supply when it was running but it seems the hot air exhausts through the power supply. Its not really worth fixing but I can always keep hold of it to use as spare parts if I need any.
Sounds like a very unprofessional sloppy job. I'd send it back for a refund. 😐

PS3 Slim models in my experience run fine as is without hardware modifications.

spamfists

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a very unprofessional sloppy job. I'd send it back for a refund. 😐

PS3 Slim models in my experience run fine as is without hardware modifications.
Thats what I thought, thing is the warranty sticker was still intact, I know they can be removed and put back on without void coming through so im wondering if the otiginal paste broke down, in places it was transparent , like water.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what I thought, thing is the warranty sticker was still intact, I know they can be removed and put back on without void coming through so im wondering if the otiginal paste broke down, in places it was transparent , like water.
You can buy warranty stickers on eBay, iirc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've owned both iPhone and Androids over the years. Both are just as good, other than Apples higher price. I'm currently on Android, Samsung S21 I think, and very happy with jf.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've owned both iPhone and Androids over the years. Both are just as good, other than Apples...