Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 279,264
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and as i saw 120/250 GB are safe only being 2x and 21x specific models acording to ps3devwiki

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

idiot the ps3slims only go up to 320gb stop trolling

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it's not

i am not asking where i should download the games, i am saying where i should copy the files on PS3 in order to play that game,

it doesn't have to be for piracy, for example if ripped the PS3 game using your PC, you will have the game files.

Sure, because you can rip a PS3 game with your PC... Use multiman to copy the game disc, it will put files in the correct directory.

Reactions: aos10

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this has already been asked, but can this be used to dual boot without an e3 flasher?
I already have a dual boot setup, but it requires me to install dual boot ofw and cfw every time I want to switch before I swap my hdd's over. (I'm not using this when I'm already on cfw, just asking about it first, I do read lol)

As far as I understand there is a way to swap the hdd's and the corresponding firmware would just boot when the cfw or ofw hdd was put in the console using the flasher, because it writes to NOR to match the firmware with the hdd or something like that.

I could be totally wrong on that since I'm not too educated on the ps3 scene (have some homebrew, softmod my 3.55, not much else), so sorry if I sound like a noob at this point.

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to go back to OFW, then I did the hack and could install CFW once more. :)
Nice, I hope to get there, I bought two dualshock3 controllers for $10 and $5 one was faulty but I thought it was a good deal. Im currently washing the shells and trying the exploit. :)

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright fellow Tempers. I have been stuck on the following screen for about 10 minutes. Seems frozen. I was just wondering how much longer it could take. Also, is it safe to turn off the PS3 while on this screen, in an attempt to retry?

Attachments

• IMAG0650.jpg
    IMAG0650.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 352

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright fellow Tempers. I have been stuck on the following screen for about 10 minutes. Seems frozen. I was just wondering how much longer it could take. Also, is it safe to turn off the PS3 while on this screen, in an attempt to retry?

Do you see those menu waves moving in the background? If they are NOT moving then it's safe to turn it off.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
no, it's not

i am not asking where i should download the games, i am saying where i should copy the files on PS3 in order to play that game,

it doesn't have to be for piracy, for example if ripped the PS3 game using your PC, you will have the game files.
Make a folder on your PS3 HDD over Wifi. Copy the games into that directory. You can feel free to delete the Update folder inside the game to save space.

Webman or Multiman should detect the game and allow you to load it.

Last edited by sj33,
Reactions: cvskid and aos10

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I've been having trouble using the exploit all day and now when I try to load the page it gives me a 404 error. Is it no longer available?
EDIT: Nevermind. I retyped and got the page loaded.

Last edited by JiveTheTurkey,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
question, i've downloaded a game from other site but it's not .pkg version nor .iso
it's like the folder of the game and inside it all the files and DLC, where should i copy the files?

dev_hdd0/games/ <-- this is the main folder where you place your games.
Attention, do not use the "game" folder (not plural), as it's the one used by the console to store the savegames and updates.

So, for example :
dev_hdd0/games/your game title whatever you want/PS3_GAME/
dev_hdd0/games/your game title whatever you want/PS3_DISC.SFB

You can delete the "UPDATE" folder, it's not used at all. it contains the PS3 firmware used to update the console in case your console is not up to date.

The DLC, I don't remember if they are on the form of a folder.
maybe inside there's a pkg for you to install? or rap file ?
Often, games were released with a "nfo" containing ... info ! it explains how/where to install. though, some games were released back when only old firmwares were compatible, and newer games needed patches to work. don't try the patches, they probably are not needed as you are now on latest firmware version. the game should work without a trick to firmware version.

the "games" folder can be on internal, or external.
it could even be named "gamez" in the past and I'm sure it's still compatible. this way, it's easy to differentiate the "gamez" you add yourself (think warez?) from the "game" official folder you should not touch/edit/delete.
I wrote a guide to use MultiMAN. it's old, and written with MM v2.0 only, so things changed since I wrote it but a lot of information are useful if you want to understand how the program works and where to put files.
see PS3 guide section.

Last edited by Cyan,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
dev_hdd0/games/ <-- this is the main folder where you place your games.
Attention, do not use the "game" folder (not plural), as it's the one used by the console to store the savegames and updates.

So, for example :
dev_hdd0/games/your game title whatever you want/PS3_GAME/
dev_hdd0/games/your game title whatever you want/PS3_DISC.SFB

You can delete the "UPDATE" folder, it's not used at all. it contains the PS3 firmware used to update the console in case your console is not up to date.

The DLC, I don't remember if they are on the form of a folder.
maybe inside there's a pkg for you to install? or rap file ?
Often, games were released with a "nfo" containing ... info ! it explains how/where to install. though, some games were released back when only old firmwares were compatible, and newer games needed patches to work. don't try the patches, they probably are not needed as you are now on latest firmware version. the game should work without a trick to firmware version.

the "games" folder can be on internal, or external.
it could even be named "gamez" in the past and I'm sure it's still compatible. this way, it's easy to differentiate the "gamez" you add yourself (think warez?) from the "game" official folder you should not touch/edit/delete.
I wrote a guide to use MultiMAN. it's old, and written with MM v2.0 only, so things changed since I wrote it but a lot of information are useful if you want to understand how the program works and where to put files.
see PS3 guide section.
thanks a lot for this info, the game i've downloaded says it contain all the DLC, so the DLCs are inside the PS3_GAME folder?
i tried to search for them inside the game folder but i can't find any clue, maybe they are embedded inside the game?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
thanks a lot for this info, the game i've downloaded says it contain all the DLC, so the DLCs are inside the PS3_GAME folder?
i tried to search for them inside the game folder but i can't find any clue, maybe they are embedded inside the game?
If there's no extra files included in your download, the DLC could presumably be pre-applied.

I've decided to replace the thermal paste on my Slim, for no reason other than the fact that I can and it seems like a good idea. Had to buy a set of torx security screwdrivers, I already bought a torx T-8 not realising that T-8 Security is a different thing. Bah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022