Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 277,072
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
will this allow for i njecting mod menus in gta v/gta iv? I know I'm building a pc for this stuff but gpus are a pain in the butt to get and my bro wants a mod menu...
I believe it should be possible with the PKG/RIF installers provided.

What method are you guys using to transfer files bigger than 4GB?
Install the HAN Toolkit, it has a webserver tool you can use for installing PKG files over 4GB. Ethernet cable is recommended unless you don't mind the PS3's terrible download speeds.
Read here for more info: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/help-need-help-pushing-games-over-4gb-han.16687/

Last edited by Lokao0,
Reactions: horokeusama

Blackenstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. Forgive my total noob questions but I bought a PS3 Slim off eBay last month and I'd like a definitive answer on whether or not it can ever be hacked/modded/jailbroken. It's model CECH-3001B with system firmware 4.82. I ran the Minimum Version Checker program from a flash drive and it reported the following:

"Update data of version 4.10 or later can be installed on this system (8002F967)"

Does this mean I have to abandon all hope of ever being able to mod my PS3? Thanks in advance for any answer.

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hi everyone. Forgive my total noob questions but I bought a PS3 Slim off eBay last month and I'd like a definitive answer on whether or not it can ever be hacked/modded/jailbroken. It's model CECH-3001B with system firmware 4.82. I ran the Minimum Version Checker program from a flash drive and it reported the following:

"Update data of version 4.10 or later can be installed on this system (8002F967)"

Does this mean I have to abandon all hope of ever being able to mod my PS3? Thanks in advance for any answer.
you cant install cfw but you can install games using a new exploit.

Reactions: Blackenstein

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Next time, just go to any secondhand shop (I recommend CeX if you live in the UK) and look at the serial number before buying. If you can, sell the one you bought just now and get another. CFW is much better than HAN

Last edited by Alex4nder001,

Blackenstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time, just go to any secondhand shop (I recommend CeX if you live in the UK) and look at the serial number before buying. If you can, sell the one you bought just now and get another. CFW is much better than HAN

Thanks for the advice but, believe it or not, my needs are pretty simple in this area. I basically just want to backup my very modest collection of PS3 game blu-rays to my console's new 1TB hard drive so I can eliminate the need for disc swapping. However, I do plan on "refurbishing" my PS3 (a good cleaning inside and out, new application of Arctic Silver on the cpu/gpu, etc) and eventually selling it for a good price but might get another one someday so I'll keep in mind your suggestion ;)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for the advice but, believe it or not, my needs are pretty simple in this area. I basically just want to backup my very modest collection of PS3 game blu-rays to my console's new 1TB hard drive so I can eliminate the need for disc swapping. However, I do plan on "refurbishing" my PS3 (a good cleaning inside and out, new application of Arctic Silver on the cpu/gpu, etc) and eventually selling it for a good price but might get another one someday so I'll keep in mind your suggestion ;)
There are some limitations to what you can do because slim 3000 and Superslim consoles cannot use the 'full' CFW, but you still get a lot of functionality.

You can do:

-Install PS3 games in .pkg format (as long as the game exists on PSN OR there is an update available, so most games)
-Install PS2 games (compatibility limited by the software emulator)
-Install PS1 games
-Install some PSP games (low compatibility)

You cannot do:

-Install PS3 games in .iso or folder format
-Install PS3 homebrew (PS2 homebrew can be used, however)

So, won't be able to backup your legitmate discs. But you can download those games in .pkg format from 'somewhere' and install them that way.

Reactions: Blackenstein

Sunnyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, does this firmware work? Custom Firmware FERROX 4.82 v1.00 COBRA 7.53

Hi, i got a phat with cobra ode? don`t know the firmware from the cobra, i can`t install any FERROX or Rebug versie with cobra support
must i remove the cobra ode and when i flash the ps3 turn back the cobra ode?
also i can reach the han on the net ( very strange )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...