Hardware PS4 9.00 Jailbroken, Internal HDD upgrade questions??

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey peeps,

Looking for some guidance on upgrading my internal drive. Id like to go as big as possible and as far as I can tell I can go all the way up to 8tb as i have an original fat ps4.

I have been looking into the PS4 Data Bank addon which enables a 3.5 inch drive to be used, has anyone here had any experience with those as i can get my hands on one quite easily?

I've seen lots of different info on upgrading a jailbroken ps4 internal drive but it always seems to be outdated and targeted at 5.05 users.

Can anyone advise me on this or point me to a more recent guide to upgrading the hdd please?

Thanks in advance for any info :)

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes i got a "nyko databank" it works like a charm and you dont need the "plus" version afaik those are more likely prune to failing

and for the hdd change :

- download the fw 9.0 recovery pup (darthsterni or archieve)

- get ur usb make a new folder called PS4 in that folder make another new folder called UPDATE

-put the recovery .pup in folder UPDATE

- install new hdd/ssd

- insert you usb in your ps4 and start the console

-follow the instructions on screen

now you can start to do the jb

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes i got a "nyko databank" it works like a charm and you dont need the "plus" version afaik those are more likely prune to failing

and for the hdd change :

- download the fw 9.0 recovery pup (darthsterni or archieve)

- get ur usb make a new folder called PS4 in that folder make another new folder called UPDATE

-put the recovery .pup in folder UPDATE

- install new hdd/ssd

- insert you usb in your ps4 and start the console

-follow the instructions on screen

now you can start to do the jb

Thanks for this info.

Can anyone confirm that i can use the Backup/Restore function in the PS4 to move my account/save data etc to the new drive?
I have no fpkgs installed on the internal drive only on an extended storage external usb drive so would definitely need to backup the database to avoid reinstalling those games. I take it the official back/restore will include the database?

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for this info.

Can anyone confirm that i can use the Backup/Restore function in the PS4 to move my account/save data etc to the new drive?
I have no fpkgs installed on the internal drive only on an extended storage external usb drive so would definitely need to backup the database to avoid reinstalling those games. I take it the official back/restore will include the database?
yes the backup function will work

Reactions: nikeymikey

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be able to backup and restore trophies, but not the normal method. You have to backup/restore folders. Probably never be able to sync them through.

Reactions: rantex92

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I JUST did this with my 9,0 ps4 pro.
The backup and restore work just fine but you will have to go online if you want trophies to sync. Save games transfer just fine. All icons will appear just the same

Should be able to backup and restore trophies, but not the normal method. You have to backup/restore folders. Probably never be able to sync them through.
Not really bothered about trophies tbh.... As i cant go online and sync them and show them off to others there's not much point in them anyway :)

My data bank should arrive today and i have a nice new 8tb drive to go in it so ill report back later how it all goes..... :)

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really bothered about trophies tbh.... As i cant go online and sync them and show them off to others there's not much point in them anyway :)

My data bank should arrive today and i have a nice new 8tb drive to go in it so ill report back later how it all goes..... :)
Exactly!!! I don’t care about trophies at all haha. Now, and legal games you purchased won’t work either and will relock. Nomatter as they can be obtained on a ps5 and reactivated there.

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everything went smoothly, My PS4 now has an 8tb internal drive and everything is working exactly as it should be. The only small gripe i have is that the hdd was a VERY tight fit in the data bank and the lid was VERY difficult close properly. I had to break the hinge slightly to get it closed.
Now its closed i dont expect to have to open it again, ever really so its no big deal. I also wish they had made the Data Banks in white as now my white PS4 has this big black lump on it :P

With this new setup and another 8tb extended storage drive along with the auto usb 9.0 jb now running on my esp32, I have the perfect PS4 setup now!

UPDATE: It seems the databank is a completely useless product... It worked well for about a week and then NOTHING but problems.. I gave up after having to reinitialise for the 3rd time and removed the data bank. Back to an 8tb external and stock hdd inside.

Last edited by nikeymikey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo