PS4 NOT backward compatible with PS3

D

Deleted_171835

It's easy to forget now that prices have plummeted, but around/after it's launch the PS3 was a super way to bag yourself an entry level Blu Ray player. People even bought them for that as a primary use rather than gaming, so whilst it was expensive it was also desirable.
5200_xbox-360-hd-dvd.jpg

Bah, PS3 scum with Blu-ray. HD-DVD is where it's at!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And no it isn't a bad thing, but almost every game with that engine for the Wii looks the same, kill kill kill kill and kill.
Please tell that to all the games made with the Unreal Engine that vary greatly. They're not even all shooters. Similarily think of the Havoc engine and its use with a variety of titles ranging from Action Adventure to Puzzle.

It's not weird that three Uncharted games look and play like Uncharted games, nor is it odd that two Infamous games look and play like Infamous games.

Bah, PS3 scum with Blu-ray. HD-DVD is where it's at!
I AGREE THIS WILL SURELY BE APPLIED TO EVERYDAY LIFE UNLIKE THE PESKY BLURAY! RED RAYS FTW! ;O;

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yepi, you've been factually wrong on so many fronts and you're making a huge double standard for Nintendo.

I'm not saying Nintendo is guilty of anything bad, no company is here. Whether you want to buy older games for your new console is your own fucking decision. Sony isn't forcing you, Nintendo isn't forcing you, Microsoft isn't forcing you. The option is there. Sony didn't remove BC because they're mean, evil businessmen. They removed it because it was expensive and between a $600 price tag with BC and a $300 price tag with no BC, the choice was obvious. And it paid off, if it wasn't for that the PS3 could have been dead years ago.

Also, the Xbox 360 DOES sell Xbox games (not ones that aren't BC but you can buy them) and not a lot of people were buying a $600 PS3, hence why they made the Slim model. If Sony could see $600 PS3s in the quantity they're selling Slims you bet your ass they would. That PS3 was $600 and made a profit. The Slims were $300 and made a loss. Clearly one is more favorable than the other.

Reactions: Scuba156 and Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yepi, how many times do you have to be told a spade is a spade before you finally accept that, yes, it's a spade?
I should be allowed to mow a lawn with a spade - when I had a lawn mower, this was not a problem. I upgraded to a spade and it's all nice that I can dig holes, but what the hell am I supposed to do with the lawn, huh? :angry:

I sure as hell ain't gonna buy a separate lawn mower! Mowing should be a feature of this new product! :angry:

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I should be allowed to mow a lawn with a spade - when I had a lawn mower, this was not a problem. I upgraded to a spade and it's all nice that I can dig holes, but what the hell am I supposed to do with the lawn, huh? :angry:

I sure as hell ain't gonna buy a separate lawn mower! Mowing should be a feature of this new product! :angry:
I bought a Bus that was supposed to be a train. It won't run like it's suppose to on train tracks! Why did they market it as a transport when it doesn't work everywhere? Stupid companies! :angry:

I've found an excellent solution for the issue's I've been having, though the tracks are still out of bounds for my transport. Pic or it didn't happen?

choo_choo_im_a_train__15396.jpg

Reactions: Minox and Rydian

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sony, will just start a cloud service to play these games and to squeeze more money out of your wallet.
I'm sure that's the reason, not the fact that the hardware is in no way compatible with them nor powerful enough to emulate their native architecture (as we don't have such powerful hardware available to the public to begin with).

Greedy Sony, they're worse than the mafia.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it even viable to stream games properly to the PS4? I mean, I know nothing about Gaikai or its services, or what their method will be, but I just don't see that being an enjoyable way to play those games. The amount of bandwidth needed would be HUUUGE I'd assume, which wouldn't be feasible over our current internet infrastructure afaik (unless you've got Google Fiber). Not to mention the amount of people that would be streaming the games. How many people out there would even have the proper Internet speeds for something like this? And then there's the data usage from ISPs. But I dunno, maybe I'm just out of the loop with how fast network and internet technology has grown.

It just sounds like something that's hyped up and in the end means nothing really, kinda like when Sony hyped the shit out of the Cell.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it even viable to stream games properly to the PS4? I mean, I know nothing about Gaikai or its services, or what their method will be, but I just don't see that being an enjoyable way to play those games. The amount of bandwidth needed would be HUUUGE I'd assume, which wouldn't be feasible over our current internet infrastructure afaik (unless you've got Google Fiber). Not to mention the amount of people that would be streaming the games. How many people out there would even have the proper Internet speeds for something like this? And then there's the data usage from ISPs. But I dunno, maybe I'm just out of the loop with how fast network and internet technology has grown.

It just sounds like something that's hyped up and in the end means nothing really, kinda like when Sony hyped the shit out of the Cell.
Video is likely compressed in H264 in 720p, which cuts down the bandwidth requirement. Streaming H264 in 720p is perfectly doable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +1
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
    C @ Clayton44333: hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?