Hacking PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/Backport Tool by RiPPERD - UPDATED V2.2

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
About this Ripkit tool, I don't get it: when I click on "Make Ripkit", it tooks about 30 minutes, creating a "original" folder and a "original.zip" file that it deletes in the end... I end up with an empty "ripped.gp4" file and a 1 KB "patch.RiPPERD" file, nothing more...

I only wish to backport a 6.72 game to 5.05 (no more modding).

I managed to extract the PKG file using this tool (in "original" directory before its automatic destruction). I did the required steps for "eboot.bin" and "param.sfo" (so I have patched ones). However, I don't get how I can repack a PKG. I tried various other tools which all asked me a ".gp4" file and I don't know how to get this file (the best I could do was with PKGEditor which generates a ".gp4" file but fails on re-using it).

Do you have any idea? Thank you for your help.

what are you trying to use the tool for mate?

to make a ripkit you must have ORIGINAL.PKG and RIPPED.PKG in folder then what it does it is compares the 2 files and changes them etc... so basically for example dead rising 2... i made a huge mod for that but dont want to post the whole game as its too much data... so i made a modded pkg file and used this tool to create a ripkit... then you come along and you dont need to redownlod the game you just need the 10mb patch file (give or take depnding on changes) then my app will use your pkg file and apply mods/cheats etc

if your trying to do the backport then you must do this:
as for the backporting its currently working in 1.6 but you must use other tools first... UnFself is needed.

extract your package or eboot.bin and param.sfo take these files and place them into my BackPort folder
now place UnfSelf.exe in there too and drag eboot.bin on this file.
now rename eboot-decrypted to old.elf
rename sfo to old.sfo
run my app and click backport

now you have new.elf and new.sfo put these back where they belong... trouble im now having is how do i make elf file back into bin file?

divyanshu0045

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Suggestion for those who are getting error at line 8 or line 9 of Downgrade python scripts (import errors)

1. Confirm that you have hexdump and pprint module for python 2.7 installed

2. If you are not sure, then run below command in cmd(with admin):
python.exe -m pip install hexdump
python.exe -m pip install pprint

These commands will install the missing modules on your system.

@RiPPERD I have decrypted bin file with UnFSelf.exe and placed it in Backport folder as old.elf, then preesed backport on your app but nothing seems to happen. Just a cmd window opens and closes quickly. Is that it? FYI, I am running windows 10.

Also, if possible can you please share the arguments you are passing to DowngradeELF.py and DowngradeSFO.py.

Thanks for the awesome tool and I believe you can incorporate the UnFSelf.exe step in your next release. Waiting for an update.

Thanks

Reactions: Ancor

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Suggestion for those who are getting error at line 8 or line 9 of Downgrade python scripts (import errors)

@RiPPERD I have decrypted bin file with UnFSelf.exe and placed it in Backport folder as old.elf, then preesed backport on your app but nothing seems to happen. Just a cmd window opens and closes quickly. Is that it? FYI, I am running windows 10.

Also, if possible can you please share the arguments you are passing to DowngradeELF.py and DowngradeSFO.py.

Thanks for the awesome tool and I believe you can incorporate the UnFSelf.exe step in your next release. Waiting for an update.

Thanks

oh thanks for the info didnt know i had to install extras for python lol

you must run my app as admin i think mate im working on an update for this at moment just need to work out how to make new.elf become eboot.bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

UPDATED TO V1.7

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, I badly understood the "Make Ripkit" command, sorry...

As I tell, I want to backport a game so I was able to do the following steps:
- Extract the FPKG file (managed to do it with sevral tools including RipKit, PkgEditor or Fake PKG Tools)
- Patch "param.sfo" and "eboot.bin" (using unfself, DowngradeELF and make_fself)

Now, I tried several hours verious solutions and I didn't manage to repack the FPKG file with the patched "param.sfo" and "eboot.bin" files. The main problem is that all tools I saw required a ".gp4" file which I don't have or was inappropriated (PKGEditor was generating this file on extract step but was not able to repack; if this file was used with Fake PKG Tools, I end up with an error about "NP ticket").

Can you advise me a tool to do this final step? Thank you.

Retoucher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
@RiPPERD I have python 2.7, i get the .sfo and eboot.bin (elf) via unFself exe and put both them into backport folder but when i click to backport button command window opening and close. There are no new elf and sfo files.

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@RiPPERD I have python 2.7, i get the .sfo and eboot.bin (elf) via unFself exe and put both them into backport folder but when i click to backport button command window opening and close. There are no new elf and sfo files.
run as admin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, I badly understood the "Make Ripkit" command, sorry...

As I tell, I want to backport a game so I was able to do the following steps:
- Extract the FPKG file (managed to do it with sevral tools including RipKit, PkgEditor or Fake PKG Tools)
- Patch "param.sfo" and "eboot.bin" (using unfself, DowngradeELF and make_fself)

Now, I tried several hours verious solutions and I didn't manage to repack the FPKG file with the patched "param.sfo" and "eboot.bin" files. The main problem is that all tools I saw required a ".gp4" file which I don't have or was inappropriated (PKGEditor was generating this file on extract step but was not able to repack; if this file was used with Fake PKG Tools, I end up with an error about "NP ticket").

Can you advise me a tool to do this final step? Thank you.

the gp4 file etc was for the ripkit thing so not needed here... not sure how you repack pkg files these days i know new tools are out... i used orbis for my methods

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Retoucher You can manually start a command terminal then go to the "Backport" folder with "DowngradeELF.py" script and launch the following command:
python.exe DowngradeELF.py --verbose --sdk-version 05.005.000 old.elf new.elf
At least, you will have more details about the issue. If the selected Python version is wrong, you can execute "set PATH=YourPython2Folder" and relaunch the command.

Reactions: RiPPERD

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Retoucher You can manually start a command terminal then go to the "Backport" folder with "DowngradeELF.py" script and launch the following command:
python.exe DowngradeELF.py --verbose --sdk-version 05.005.000 old.elf new.elf
At least, you will have more details about the issue. If the selected Python version is wrong, you can execute "set PATH=YourPython2Folder" and relaunch the command.

do you know how i can use portable python or runtime verson so i can include with my app and not have some of these issues?

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Thanks

thanks i have the lastest python and 2.7 remove both. Reinstall and cmd with commands the scripts work well now. Only need to the patch or include in pkg or ftp modify i dont know what is easier

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks i have the lastest python and 2.7 remove both. Reinstall and cmd with commands the scripts work well now. Only need to the patch or include in pkg or ftp modify i dont know what is easier

if you have a patch pkg file then use that otherwise add files back to pkg file and use that

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
do you know how i can use portable python or runtime verson so i can include with my app and not have some of these issues?

Python installation could take about 50 MB so I don't think it would be a great idea to include it in your application. However, maybe you could perform a check of the default Python version (with "python -V" command) then, if it's the wrong version, notify the user to indicate a Python 2.7 install path?

Reactions: RiPPERD

siddis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Retoucher
python DowngradeELF.py --sdk-version 05.050.001 --verbose old.elf new.elf
and
python DowngradeSFO.py --sdk-version 05.050.001 --system-version 05.050.000 --verbose old.sfo new.sfo
that did it for me.
if you run into "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ..."-error, look at the post by divyanshu0045

as OperationNT already wrote:
"You can manually start a command terminal then go to the "Backport" folder "

Last edited by siddis,

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
if you have a patch pkg file then use that otherwise add files back to pkg file and use that
I dont have any patch i am trying with pkg editor extract all and repack to gp4. Use the new.elf subscribe eboot.bin but i didnt find the param sfo the program have and editor but i prefer subscribe... i am little confused

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes i have 2.7.0 python. tried run the backport.exe as admin still same. :/
try this create two bat in backport folder
firts i name elf.bat
DowngradeELF.py --sdk-version 05.050.001 --verbose old.elf new.elf
pause

second sfo.bat
DowngradeSFO.py --sdk-version 05.050.001 --system-version 05.050.000 --verbose old.sfo new.sfo
pause
I do this way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1