Hacking PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/Backport Tool by RiPPERD - UPDATED V2.2

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes i have it :S actually i tried to install on ps4 but i received error ce 36244-9
yeah i think maybe its the make_fself someone said there is a different version which should be used... ill see what i can do.

some people its worked fine for others seem to be having issues

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I want it I think it's faster than unpack and repack 40gb or not?

yeah i think i now have a way... it will UNPACK full game then repack only modded files (so a patch)

Flavio92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yeah i think maybe its the make_fself someone said there is a different version which should be used... ill see what i can do.

some people its worked fine for others seem to be having issues

yeah i think i now have a way... it will UNPACK full game then repack only modded files (so a patch)
So now i don't have any solutions? :cry:

Yngwiedis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is the guide.
I hope it helps you somehow...

1- orbis-pub-cmd.exe img_extract --passcode 00000000000000000000000000000000 "GAME.pkg" PATH\
Note: passcode is 32 zeros

Example:
BackPort>orbis-pub-cmd.exe img_extract --passcode 00000000000000000000000000000000 "Control (CUSA11454) [v01.04(U)].pkg" .\
[Warn] Output of the command may contain confidential information.
[Debug] Image extract succeeded.
(This step takes a while, be patient)

2- After step 1, you have two folders. Sc0 and Image0. Move all the files from Sc0 into Image0\sce_sys

3- Delete Sc0 (which should be empty after step 2)

4- Rename Image0 folder to CUSA_ID-patch (e.g. CUSA11454-patch)

5- Find all the files with *.prx, *.sprx extentions. Take a note of their path for later.

Example:
CUSA11454-patch\sce_sys\about\right.sprx
CUSA11454-patch\sce_module\libc.prx
CUSA11454-patch\sce_module\libSceFios2.prx

6- Copy files found in step 5 AND , CUSA11454-patch\eboot.bin, CUSA11454-patch\sce_sys\param.sfo into a temporary folder
Example: Copy them into BackPort\CUSA11454_temp

7- Drag eboot.bin, and all prx, sprs files (one by one) over UnfSelf.exe file. Each time you do that, you'll get a new file that has -decrypted added to end of the file name. (do not do this step for .sfo file) Example: You should get: eboot.bin-decrypted, libc.prx-decrypted, libSceFios2.prx-decrypted, right.sprx-decrypted

8- Delete all the original files from BackPort\CUSA11454_temp\ (eboot.bin, libc.prx, libSceFios2.prx, right.sprx) (do not delete param.sfo)

9- Run following command for all the files expect for param.sfo.
downgrade_elf.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --verbose "decryptedFile" "DowngradedFile"

Example:
BackPort>downgrade_elf.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --verbose CUSA11454_temp\eboot.bin-decrypted CUSA11454_temp\eboot.bin
BackPort>downgrade_elf.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --verbose CUSA11454_temp\libc.prx-decrypted CUSA11454_temp\libc.prx
BackPort>downgrade_elf.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --verbose CUSA11454_temp\libSceFios2.prx-decrypted CUSA11454_temp\libSceFios2.prx
BackPort>downgrade_elf.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --verbose CUSA11454_temp\right.sprx-decrypted CUSA11454_temp\right.sprx

Now you can delete all the files that have -decrypted in their name. We do not need them anymore.

10- Run following
downgrade_sfo.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --system-version 05.050.000 --verbose CUSA11454_temp\param.sfo CUSA11454_temp\param_new.sfo
Now, delete param.sfo, and rename param_new.sfo to param.sfo

11- Copy/overwrite all the downgraded files into their respective locations in the original unpacked game folder (In step 5 you were supposed to take a note of the original locations).

Example:
CUSA11454_temp\eboot.bin to CUSA09171\eboot.bin
CUSA11454_temp\libc.prx to USA09171\sce_module\libc.prx
CUSA11454_temp\libSceFios2.prx to CUSA09171\sce_module\libSceFios2.prx
CUSA11454_temp\param.sfo to CUSA09171\sce_sys\param.sfo

12- Open gengp4.exe. Navigate to the location that you have the original game unpacked into (from step 1). open CUSA_ID-patch (from step 4), then click "Generate .GP4 and then click on "Save .GP4". To keep it simple, save the GP4 file in same location as CUSA_ID-patch of the game.

13- Run orbis-pub-gen.exe. A window opens up with the title of "Fake PKG Generator for PS4". Form "File->open" menu select the .gp4 file that you generated in step 12.

14- Now go to "Command->Project Setting". A new window opens up. Go to "Patch" tab. Then in "Application package" row click on "Select". A new window pops up. Navigato to the location that you have FULL PKG of the game that this update is for. Select the pkg of the full game and click on open. Now you should have the path to the FULL PKG game showed in "Application package"'s text box. Now click "OK".

15- At this point, you should be back to main window of "Fake PKG Generator for PS4". Click on "Build" button (up-right corner). A window opens up. Click on "Select" and pick a location that you want the new downgraded PKG be saved at. Then click on "Build"

16. Be patient. The process will take a while. You will see lots of "Warn" messages. As long as you do not see "Error" you are fine. When the process finished, you'll have your backported update pkg.

Reactions: ceevee

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you could try it again... when its at a pause stage check the files inside backport folder and then in the original folder to make sure they have changed... also check the backport folder for left over prx files... let me know if any

This is the guide.
I hope it helps you somehow...

1- orbis-pub-cmd.exe img_extract --passcode 00000000000000000000000000000000 "GAME.pkg" PATH\
Note: passcode is 32 zeros

Example:
BackPort>orbis-pub-cmd.exe img_extract --passcode 00000000000000000000000000000000 "Control (CUSA11454) [v01.04(U)].pkg" .\
[Warn] Output of the command may contain confidential information.
[Debug] Image extract succeeded.
(This step takes a while, be patient)

2- After step 1, you have two folders. Sc0 and Image0. Move all the files from Sc0 into Image0\sce_sys

3- Delete Sc0 (which should be empty after step 2)

4- Rename Image0 folder to CUSA_ID-patch (e.g. CUSA11454-patch)

5- Find all the files with *.prx, *.sprx extentions. Take a note of their path for later.

Example:
CUSA11454-patch\sce_sys\about\right.sprx
CUSA11454-patch\sce_module\libc.prx
CUSA11454-patch\sce_module\libSceFios2.prx

6- Copy files found in step 5 AND , CUSA11454-patch\eboot.bin, CUSA11454-patch\sce_sys\param.sfo into a temporary folder
Example: Copy them into BackPort\CUSA11454_temp

7- Drag eboot.bin, and all prx, sprs files (one by one) over UnfSelf.exe file. Each time you do that, you'll get a new file that has -decrypted added to end of the file name. (do not do this step for .sfo file) Example: You should get: eboot.bin-decrypted, libc.prx-decrypted, libSceFios2.prx-decrypted, right.sprx-decrypted

8- Delete all the original files from BackPort\CUSA11454_temp\ (eboot.bin, libc.prx, libSceFios2.prx, right.sprx) (do not delete param.sfo)

9- Run following command for all the files expect for param.sfo.
downgrade_elf.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --verbose "decryptedFile" "DowngradedFile"

Example:
BackPort>downgrade_elf.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --verbose CUSA11454_temp\eboot.bin-decrypted CUSA11454_temp\eboot.bin
BackPort>downgrade_elf.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --verbose CUSA11454_temp\libc.prx-decrypted CUSA11454_temp\libc.prx
BackPort>downgrade_elf.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --verbose CUSA11454_temp\libSceFios2.prx-decrypted CUSA11454_temp\libSceFios2.prx
BackPort>downgrade_elf.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --verbose CUSA11454_temp\right.sprx-decrypted CUSA11454_temp\right.sprx

Now you can delete all the files that have -decrypted in their name. We do not need them anymore.

10- Run following
downgrade_sfo.exe --***-version 05.050.001 --system-version 05.050.000 --verbose CUSA11454_temp\param.sfo CUSA11454_temp\param_new.sfo
Now, delete param.sfo, and rename param_new.sfo to param.sfo

11- Copy/overwrite all the downgraded files into their respective locations in the original unpacked game folder (In step 5 you were supposed to take a note of the original locations).

Example:
CUSA11454_temp\eboot.bin to CUSA09171\eboot.bin
CUSA11454_temp\libc.prx to USA09171\sce_module\libc.prx
CUSA11454_temp\libSceFios2.prx to CUSA09171\sce_module\libSceFios2.prx
CUSA11454_temp\param.sfo to CUSA09171\sce_sys\param.sfo

12- Open gengp4.exe. Navigate to the location that you have the original game unpacked into (from step 1). open CUSA_ID-patch (from step 4), then click "Generate .GP4 and then click on "Save .GP4". To keep it simple, save the GP4 file in same location as CUSA_ID-patch of the game.

13- Run orbis-pub-gen.exe. A window opens up with the title of "Fake PKG Generator for PS4". Form "File->open" menu select the .gp4 file that you generated in step 12.

14- Now go to "Command->Project Setting". A new window opens up. Go to "Patch" tab. Then in "Application package" row click on "Select". A new window pops up. Navigato to the location that you have FULL PKG of the game that this update is for. Select the pkg of the full game and click on open. Now you should have the path to the FULL PKG game showed in "Application package"'s text box. Now click "OK".

15- At this point, you should be back to main window of "Fake PKG Generator for PS4". Click on "Build" button (up-right corner). A window opens up. Click on "Select" and pick a location that you want the new downgraded PKG be saved at. Then click on "Build"

16. Be patient. The process will take a while. You will see lots of "Warn" messages. As long as you do not see "Error" you are fine. When the process finished, you'll have your backported update pkg.

this actually is exactly what i did before the last update... someone said i had to use the make_fself but before i used this others said files worked fine... maybe ill remove those codes and you can try that hold on ill get a test file done

Yngwiedis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just show you this guide because you wrote yesterday that you don't think backporting will work for games updates.
As you see, a way to make it work exist.

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just show you this guide because you wrote yesterday that you don't think backporting will work for games updates.

so in making the changes to this i actually found an error.. i forgot to do the right.sprx file on 1 line and did it twice on another line ffs

correction it was this file libSceNpToolkit.prx

Last edited by RiPPERD,

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
not seen that before do you have .net installed?

think you need the payload on ps4 to recieve the file?

Thats for infinity but like the name same is infinity to download lol. Pkg sender the same... i am trying download all soft i see to see what is better for me.

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Thats for infinity but like the name same is infinity to download lol. Pkg sender the same... i am trying download all soft i see to see what is better for me.

please can you all BACKUP the old BackPortn00b.exe and replace it with this 1 and test it out... ive done a different method and removed the make_fself process -
https://www.mirrored.to/files/8GT0IX6V/BackPortn00b.rar_links

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so .sprx files need to be downported?
so im told... 1 guy did do this the other didnt... ive had mixed results from users some have worked fine some are getting install errors

im working on a new method that will create a smaller pkg file as a patch rather than whole game, however after i just wrote this... some games will actually need this so they can be installed anyway

Reactions: Ody1977

noob404

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guinea
good idea... :)

Just tried to downport Need for speed using the n00b404 app... wouldn't install
Going to try ripperd one now, see how that one goes :)

what error do you have?

@RiPPERD and @noob404 should combine forces.

We have been talking on another forum. I am thinking about it. But, working part time on this project and having a lot going on IRL, I might not be able to dedicate full time. I don't wanna be a drag on an experienced dude like Ripperd. But, maybe soon.

Reactions: Ancor and KiiWii

Ody1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi n00b404... It created the .pkg fine, but it wouldn't install using pkg sender 1.2 - remote package installer. It failed at 19.901GB each time. Tried 3 times. Currently sending to slow USB 2.0 so will test installing through that rather than over LAN.

I did notice that the right.sprx in the about folder cannot be downported on your app. Apparently it needs to be downported too ? I'm currently downporting days gone so will try to install that over LAN to see if that works (again it had a right.sprx, which hasn't been downported - maybe that causes install issue?)

Last edited by Ody1977,

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@RiPPERD and @noob404 should combine forces.

we will... maybe... he says he dont have much time... i think im nearly there with mine anyway but im happy to combine forces with him

what error do you have?

We have been talking on another forum. I am thinking about it. But, working part time on this project and having a lot going on IRL, I might not be able to dedicate full time. I don't wanna be a drag on an experienced dude like Ripperd. But, maybe soon.

You done well mate dont worry about time

@RiPPERD Is your app still using unfself or the better selfutil?

still using old method please see the post i posted few up with a link to a different BackPortn00b.exe file
backup the old 1 and use this new 1 in its place, this removed the make_fself.py process as i thought maybe this was causing issues... im going to try with a few other bits but i aim to get this outputing ready to use patch pkg files (smaller pkg files)

Reactions: kylum and Ancor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: