Hacking [PS4] The 7.02 webkit exploit has been released !

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
In case you're dumb: this ONLY works on FW 7.02. If you are on a lower firmware, download a 7.02 retail update file here and update your system. If you are on a higher firmware (e.g. 7.50), your console CAN'T BE HACKED yet.

Finally the 7.02 webkit exploit is now available thanks to sleirsgoevy and the synacktiv team for their increbible work on the PS4 scene.

The success rate of this webkit is about 10% but it will grows in the next days

q43e.jpg

uunn.jpg

Last edited by spotanjo3,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
In case you're dumb: this ONLY works on FW 6.072. If you are on a lower firmware, download a 7.02 retail update file here and update your system. If you are on a higher firmware (e.g. 7.50), your console CAN'T BE HACKED yet.

I might be dumb, but how can a 7.02 exploit ONLY work on 6.072?

What even is 6.072?

Reactions: spotanjo3
D

Deleted User

Dunno, but there is some talk on wololo.net.
https://wololo.net/2020/12/15/ps4-7...port-of-the-synacktiv-webkit-exploit-release/

As of Sleirsgoevy’s latest update, the current version of his port works around 10% of the time. When it doesn’t work, you have to run the hack again, so a 10% success rate might not be “releasable” yet (in particular, if, when coupled with a kernel exploit, it could increase the instability of the process), but there’s a possibility things could improve fast. The hacker has been hard at work to fix issues as they arise.

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno, but there is some talk on wololo.net.
https://wololo.net/2020/12/15/ps4-7...port-of-the-synacktiv-webkit-exploit-release/

As of Sleirsgoevy’s latest update, the current version of his port works around 10% of the time. When it doesn’t work, you have to run the hack again, so a 10% success rate might not be “releasable” yet (in particular, if, when coupled with a kernel exploit, it could increase the instability of the process), but there’s a possibility things could improve fast. The hacker has been hard at work to fix issues as they arise.

It will. According to this:

The succes rate is about the same as the beginning of 6.72 and now 6.72 is stable enough. I believe that this succes rate will be improved very shortly

Reactions: Deleted User

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news, obviously I'll hold off until everything is ironed out and stability improves

Thanks @KiiWii for the original post on the guide :)

Of course. I am still staying with 5.05. I cannot care about 6.72 because of 7.02 is coming and that's what I am after but I will wait until everything is stability first. Can't wait!

I will keep my eyes on KiiWii and don't forget Leeful as well! :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: peteruk and Leeful

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
realistically is 6.72 usable as a jailbreak. besides trying to get it loaded, does it crash often or what other downsides are there besides trying to get it loaded thru the web browser?

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
realistically is 6.72 usable as a jailbreak. besides trying to get it loaded, does it crash often or what other downsides are there besides trying to get it loaded thru the web browser?

Read above: 10 percent. It will get better in days ahead. Just like when 6.72 jailbreak was only 10 percent.

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
the jump to 7.02 worth, even being little, but the webkit exploit reach firmware 8.03, that means we need other kernel exploit that reach firmware 8.00

Reactions: solitaire4eva

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the jump to 7.02 worth, even being little, but the webkit exploit reach firmware 8.03, that means we need other kernel exploit that reach firmware 8.00

might've had one if people hadn't pissed theflow off. he disclosed another exploit to hackerone two months ago. it got him another ten grand. it doesn't specify if it was kernel related though. from what I've read, he found the 7.02 kernel exploit in like 3 days.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

though, I read 0cto got $40,000 because he had an exploit that worked on the drives of ps2, ps3, and ps4, and it couldn't be corrected without a hardware revision. that was a while back though, so who knows if there's new hardware to compensate.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its not really that funny, that's why not.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was maybe funny the third or fourth time companies did it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug