Hacking PSA: NNUPatcher works again, allows to download game updates while blocking system updates

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm throwing this out there as some people don't know about it. Normally we use a DNS to block system updates, and this blocks Eshop and game updates. You can keep on using your DNS while also allowing game updates by using NNUPatcher.

This is useful for that one moment where you don't have a PC around you and you just want a game update for one game. For example, Super Mario Maker got a new update Nov 30th and I didn't feel like going to my PC and downloading a game update to install with WUP Installer.

When you launch it in homebrew launcher, it brings you back to the home menu but allows Eshop access and game updates, while blocking system updates with your DNS still.

Some say NNUPatcher doesn't work for them, some day it does. In my case it most certainly works with DNS-U applied.

I know that you can just use Funkii-UI or Wii U USB Helper to get game updates and install them yourself, but in some cases NNUPatcher can be useful.

Basically,
Miiverse: Can access without NNUpatcher
Eshop: Needs NNUpatcher or gets error code
Game updates: Needs NNUpatcher or gets error code

Last edited by MattKimura,
Reactions: paulloeduardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftCOfjqup_8