Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Just recently Famitsu got the chance to check out the new PSP 3000 and shared some details on the new model and comparisons with its predecessor the 2000(PSP Slim).

2786120656_607aaa6d3a_o.png

First off the new model will have Sony's logo instead of the PS logo on the upper left corner. The edges of the 3000 will be rounder, to feel more comfortable in your hands, than that of the slim's. As said before the metallic ring on the back of the UMD door is thinner, also the home button has been updated with the PS logo instead.

2785266723_53d170a249_o.png

One of the biggest changes is the new LCD screen, which has been said to improve removing reflections when playing outside and also be twice as fast to eliminate terrible afterimages. Thanks to Famitsu, we can now see a side by side comparison of how the screens differ.

2785266929_a2f44591ed_o.png

Has the new LCD screen(plus other changes) convinced you to buy this newer model? We already have the Phat and the Slim, but what nickname are we giving this new model?. Share you thoughts and comments.
http://www.consolespot.net/937-PSP-3000-Comparison.html

That screen is awesome....

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only words that come to mind are... "That's it?"

Hopefully there are a few more features that will tide customers over but I'm not holding my breath...
frown.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Once again, Sony fails. You cna have a "PSP 3000" by buying a Skype mic (Less than 50 bucks) and playing under the shade. Whoopee, $150 saved. Besides, I honestly think that picture is BS, becauseit just looks like there's a huge glare in the PSP 2k's screen. I doubt the difference is that big. And even if, a nicer screen is not worth $200.

cribby08

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xcalibur said:
cribby08 said:
da_head said:
not worth the upgrade. sony needs to come out with better games instead of shitty revisions

This post is right on.

Not really. This new screen probably means you can actually play this console outside!

You won't be playing this outside if there are no new good games to play. I wish Sony would focus on games >

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
cribby08 said:
Xcalibur said:
cribby08 said:
da_head said:
not worth the upgrade. sony needs to come out with better games instead of shitty revisions

This post is right on.

Not really. This new screen probably means you can actually play this console outside!

You won't be playing this outside if there are no new good games to play. I wish Sony would focus on games ><

Lol, I don't think anyone plays first party games.
Most people here are into emulation.

The entire PS1 library on the go....

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Xcalibur said:
cribby08 said:
Xcalibur said:
cribby08 said:
da_head said:

This post is right on.

You won't be playing this outside if there are no new good games to play. I wish Sony would focus on games ><

Tbh, I wouldn't see playing outside as much of a problem even with the PSP 2000. How many people would walk down the street whist playing a PSP? Maybe if you were sitting out in the sun it'd be a bit of a bother, but then again having the sun in your eyes is a bit of a bother.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
But I'd still like the option to be available.
Taking out your PSP (like I do my DS) while waiting in line for something would be great.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I gotta say, I was hoping for some sort of internal storage solution and bluetooth. Oh well.

Does anyone know if the UMD drive is faster in this revision?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is like a software update, but for hardware. It brings little changes that make a difference, and like with some software, this one requires you to chuck out money from your pocket to get it.

EDIT: Oh and who actually plays their system in the SUN? I always find shade or go inside.

cribby08

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xcalibur said:
cribby08 said:
Xcalibur said:
cribby08 said:
da_head said:

This post is right on.

There is no guarentee that the psp-3000 will be hacked.

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see that much of a difference. Removing reflections? WOW like I complain about something like that. I'm just going to buy a Slim after the 3000 is released because chances are that the release of the 3000 will make the Slim's prices go down.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I imagine that Sony is updating the hardware with some heavy anti-piracy measures too. Piracy is flat out killing PSP software sales and everyone from the top down knows it.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
RebelX said:
I don't see that much of a difference. Removing reflections? WOW like I complain about something like that. I'm just going to buy a Slim after the 3000 is released because chances are that the release of the 3000 will make the Slim's prices go down.

They're planning to phase it out, iirc.

ElChupaNibre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brighter, more vivid screen is a big improvement, in my opinion. Some PSP games are just unplayable during the daytime, regardless of whether you're sitting out in the sun or not. The glare is ridiculous at times.

Best of all though is the improved response time. Hopefully this will eliminate the annoying ghosting effect once and for all. Once it's hackable, this new PSP will be pretty much perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Only 666 dollars for 24TBs lol