Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am, for the record, slowly trying to play through the game again.

The bad news is that I'm locked into a bad end chapter now for one of the chapters, and it suuuucks to be feeling. I did things out of order, sadly. (it's the one with Barsom's hair problems, oops.)

Reactions: Deleted User

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That chapter was the most stupid chapter in the game. It felt like filler and you are not missing much as far as story not getting the good ending.

Reactions: Linka

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed you guys have issue with intervals between letters in dialog boxes... and thought you may be interested to know how ps3 Disgaea 4 project managed to get around it. Basically, trick is to make script to scan text and make list of every possible two ascii letter pair combination, then combine needed glyphs in font file and transfer it to unused shiftjis kanji area, and autoreplace text... It's all done automatically with one single Perl script. In their project resulted text looked perfectly fine, just like normal ascii.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-h...ion-fix-project-wip-120807-54.html#post393699

In the link you can read detailed explanation and download Perl script, which I'm pretty sure can be useful after small modification.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game has multiple plot lines and then multiple endings depending on what you do in the game. The bonus material along has 4 different endings. That is one reason the game took so long to translate since there are 1000s of pages of text in this game.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riku,

I have seen this solution before but the biggest issue is that you have to draw all the two letter ASCII combinations and then put them into the font file as a fixed wdith char. I am awful at drawing and also I am at the point where I am moving to working on PKP.

I plan to make minor bug updates for LPR but no major overhauls. My goal was to make the game playable. If anyone else wants to polish things I am more than willing to help them do it.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know it's a dumb chapter, but I feel dumb for not getting the order right and then saving. (cause first you're supposed to go back to town, THEN go to Barsom's, then go back to town, and then do the fight correctly).

Ah well, even if it is a dumb chapter, I sorta like getting the hair monster on my team, for some strange reason.

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riku,

I have seen this solution before but the biggest issue is that you have to draw all the two letter ASCII combinations and then put them into the font file as a fixed wdith char. I am awful at drawing and also I am at the point where I am moving to working on PKP.

Original 'fontB' already contain all necessary ascii half-width letters. Every letter width is perfectly fixed. Single ascii letters have 1/2 pixel width of shiftjis character. It's not needed to draw anything and whole process can be automated.. that's how it's done in ps3 disgaea project.

Exciting ascii english letters size in 'fontB'is 7x14 pixels, shiftjis kanji is 14x14 pixels. That's how ascii glyphs automatically paired into 14x14 will look like on screen:

9dDewfG.png

Attachments

• d4tool.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 133

Ikaresu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tearbox.tk
XP
Country
Brazil
The game has multiple plot lines and then multiple endings depending on what you do in the game. The bonus material along has 4 different endings. That is one reason the game took so long to translate since there are 1000s of pages of text in this game.
isn't there some guide for this? i dont see anything like about that in gamefaqs of the ps2 one. even so there isnt any info on the psp ones.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't there some guide for this? i dont see anything like about that in gamefaqs of the ps2 one. even so there isnt any info on the psp ones.

There should be stuff on GameFAQs for the PS2 version, at least.

The endings are usually inconsequential, other than what rewards you receive at the end, but there's two very notable ones: The Giant Monster chapter and the Forest Lord chapter. See, if you actually defeat the giant Whale monster instead of going to the "End Stage" square, you get a Special Ending where you get one of the best early Move increasing equips in the game, the Angel Shoes, along with a lot of money.

As for the Forest Lord, if you fail in saving the Forest Lord, Prier ends up adopting their young child, and they join the team for some chapters until they grow up enough to take their place as the new Forest Lord. But Prier gets a special move as a result! But this is generally considered a "Bad Ending" for the chapter.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not want to spoil the extra PSP content but you will get vastly different plot based on what you do in the bonus content.

Warning Huge Spoiler for plot in PSP version
Certain characters will die if you do not do the right things. Prier will kill most of your teammates.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riku,

I have no plans to change the font. The text has been formatted for fixed width font with 24 chars per line and 3 lines.
I am glad that you got this working on LPR but if you run this script it will just resize the font but not fix all the "blank space". It will not move the line breaks and combine text boxes. I am not going to back and edit every line in the game to make it fit right since there are 1000s of pages of text.

If anyone else wants to do it, I am more than willing to give my scripts to help rebuild the game and then will include the fixes in the patch.

Shrunken Pixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this translation project is being abused. A quick search for "pucelle ragnarok english" in Google pulled up at least two sites that are offering the full LPR ISO pre patched with this english patch. One of the sites (*snip*) doesnt reveal who uploaded the file, but credits Chep and the translators as well as linking to this forum topic. If anyone is able, it would be a good idea to get those ISOs pulled before they cause too much harm to the project and/or legal trouble to those involved.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShrunkenPixel,

There is not much we can do to stop people from applying the patch and then hosting the LPR iso.

The patch has no copyright material from LPR.

Even if we were to currently pull the patch, there would be no way to stop people from hosting or sharing the patch and putting it on rom/iso sites.

I remind everyone to please acquire a legal copy of the game before applying the patch.

-ChepChep

D

Deleted User

I would remove any reference to this project from my site if you want me to ChepChep, just send me a PM.
As for the iso i'm sorry Shrunken Pixel i take full responsibility of what i do.

Edit: Done, removed any reference to this project.

Reactions: Gaming4Ever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU