Gaming PSP translation (.dat file related question, Corpse Party)

mashpop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
While I (hopefully) wait for tools that allow us to translate without being troubled by the original length, I have a question.

French has some special letters like "é" "è" "ç" etc... Can I use those? Or will they break the code and damage the bin/be unreadable?

EDIT: Also I've made some modifications but I want to test it out and see how it looks. I'm not sure how to rebuild the .bin (go from a folder to a .bin file). I can't seem to select the folder with the Corpse Party tool, it just opens it and only wants a .bin

mashpop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
While I (hopefully) wait for tools that allow us to translate without being troubled by the original length, I have a question.

French has some special letters like "é" "è" "ç" etc... Can I use those? Or will they break the code and damage the bin/be unreadable?

EDIT: Also I've made some modifications but I want to test it out and see how it looks. I'm not sure how to rebuild the .bin (go from a folder to a .bin file). I can't seem to select the folder with the Corpse Party tool, it just opens it and only wants a .bin

Nevermind I figured out how to rebuild the bin, and then the iso (presumably) but the resulting iso doesn't show up in my PSP at all. Has this happened to someone else here?

Plop23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Humm, for rebuild the iso you need to create a folder who cotain the same folder that the extracted image.bin, for example, when the image.bin is extracted, we have some folders (DATA, MAP, SCRIPT, etc..)
you need to create a new folder ("mod" for example) with, for example, for texts translation, a SCRIPT folder and for rebuid the image.bin, in Corpse Party Tools, File -> BIN -> rebuild *.bin
here, you select your untouched image.bin, and the folder who contains other folder with tanslated files (select the "mod" folder), after that the program create a new file "image.bin.cptools", rename this file to "image.bin" and replace the file in the untouched iso.

mashpop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Humm, for rebuild the iso you need to create a folder who cotain the same folder that the extracted image.bin, for example, when the image.bin is extracted, we have some folders (DATA, MAP, SCRIPT, etc..)
you need to create a new folder ("mod" for example) with, for example, for texts translation, a SCRIPT folder and for rebuid the image.bin, in Corpse Party Tools, File -> BIN -> rebuild *.bin
here, you select your untouched image.bin, and the folder who contains other folder with tanslated files (select the "mod" folder), after that the program create a new file "image.bin.cptools", rename this file to "image.bin" and replace the file in the untouched iso.

Okay finally got it all to work.

Good news: the translated text appears, so yay for that. Bad news, special characters like é don't and even eat up the next few letters. So no accents I guess

Plop23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you need to modify the font it's not the harder thing to do, if we can't modify the size of dialogue, we can't translate... (french translation are more long that english :/ )

mashpop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
you need to modify the font it's not the harder thing to do, if we can't modify the size of dialogue, we can't translate... (french translation are more long that english :/ )

Oh you know how to modify the font? Let's do that now then. I've started translating the first chapter and I've been able to translate within the limits (for now, not sure how long that will last). So if we can modify the font now, I can use accents from the start.

Let's try to do the most stuff we can now to show that the project is active and hopefully someone who knows how to change the length limit will help us later.

MrLuigix64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, sorry to interrup in the post.

I want to translate the Game too, but translate it to Spanish.

I just translated the Name tags and part of the first chapter....on a doc file. And I dont have idea of how to extract the script files from the iso or image.bin, I ask for help to translate the game.

For the translation, mostly of the problems to solve are:
FONT (some words like á,é,í, ñ, etc. arent in the game)
Lenght (what you where talking a few ago)
Images (For example the images in RED of the Chapter 1 Opening... how can translate that?)

Sorry for bad english, Im not good at writing it.

Bolock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I used the software which you gave in bond and to start of the modifications unfortunately when I rebuild the file “images.bin” it is more general-purpose than the original had to you an idea how to make so that the size is that of the original?

In addition excuse me I use a translator I am not very gifted in English thus if you do not include/understand I will try to speak in French to see whether include/understand…

Thank you still and good evening with you all

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you need help to speak in English feel free to ask me via pm in French, I could translate or whatever.

gugacracker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
someone help me?
when replacing the "image.bin" in ".iso" the game is black and does not enter or the menu.
and the size of the ".iso" is in 1,34gb
sorry about my English

Note: my ".iso" is in English and would like to translate into Portuguese

guykiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Anyone still here? First of all, I am Vietnamese. I want to translate this game into Vietnamese for everyone to play. But I don't know where the font file is so can anyone tell me? This is the last thing I can finish the translation. Thank you very much. Sorry about my English.

Note: My ".iso" is in Jap

Last edited by guykiwa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU