DontShootUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

3.60, only installed henkaku, vitashell 1.51 and a game.
when starting my PSTV I get the error C2-14919-4. "A serious error has occurred in the system software."
When I reboot in takes me to safe mode where my only two options that aren't greyed out are "restart this system" and "update system software". I opted to "update" the firmware to 3.60 using USB, but that did not fix the issue.

Any advice? Thank you.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe access recovery menu and rebuild database? Otherwise you may have to format system, updates shouldn't be necessary to fix that error, but a format did fix most errors.

DontShootUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get the option to do that? When I get into safe mode I don't have the option to do anything other than restart or update.

Attachments

• IMG_20170205_165202009.jpg
    IMG_20170205_165202009.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 286
Last edited by DontShootUp,

DontShootUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I fixed the problem. Tried removing the memory card and rebooting, didnt help. Messaged Sony customer service, they told me I was SOL and to buy a new PS TV.

So what I did was pretty much keep removing and reinserting a game card the whole time it was trying to boot and it somehow bypassed the error message and let me get to the home menu to restore it to factory settings. No idea why it worked, but I'm not complaining lol

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope it don't happen again. :P

Good luck on your systems though, if anything, a format mostly can solve system errors. Just make sure to look up the error codes before asking for help next time. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1